[3.16] g00fy_goober's Toxic Rain Occultist (Easily clear all content)

"
GonkGonk wrote:
No i mean is there like recommended items i should look for, or skills i should level at league start? Still in Act 1

Full disclosure, I'm a potato. But for anyone similar wondering this is (roughly) the tree I've been using prior to getting Cluster Jewels. It'll get you to the start of mapping at least, but expect a lot of respec'ing in the future. Tree is Here [Edit: I forgot Lethal Assault and Harrier in the tree. Just tack them on. Blood Drinker is also handy]

If DPS is an issue I would forgo Arrow Nova Support completely in your Caustic Arrow setup, and deal with having to shoot each pack.

It will be Act 3 before you can get your hands on all the skill gems needed for the bow-stuff as a Witch (unless you've got friends, or mule them) so just use whatever till then really.

==============
==============

On a serious note (if ya got the time g00fy_goober) my own question as this is my first time playing a TR (or really any bow) build:

How badly is the build gimped by the changes to AoE (I hear it's pretty bad since supposedly the TR AoE won't overlap anymore)? Are there any tweaks I should be looking at making to compensate/work around the whole "no overlap" thing? Thanks!
Last edited by FaeDaemon on Apr 19, 2021, 12:57:14 PM
"
FaeDaemon wrote:

How badly is the build gimped by the changes to AoE (I hear it's pretty bad since supposedly the TR AoE won't overlap anymore)? Are there any tweaks I should be looking at making to compensate/work around the whole "no overlap" thing? Thanks!

It's not. At all. AOE is something we never really scaled on the build anyway. Only real change would be carcass jack PROBABLY not the best to go anymore for 98% of the game. That being said even if you did use carcass.... it barely changes the spread at all. It overlaps the same, overlap was unchanged. The only change was that scaling aoe now instead of just increasing the aoe of the pods increases the spread.
been playing really lazy. just hit maps with crap gear i got during.... act 3. will be fun to see what i can work with here :) thanks for the build
"
Blaine0002 wrote:
been playing really lazy. just hit maps with crap gear i got during.... act 3. will be fun to see what i can work with here :) thanks for the build

Np. My play went about the same last league... I was amazed by the crap gear that I could still use in maps and how good it went still.
I'm huge fan of tr already did a trickster in del league.

I've see pob, is viable with a max 92/93lvl char for clear everthing?

I dislike too much the brainless farming of 93+ to 100.

Thanks in advice.
Last edited by NazgulTirith on Apr 20, 2021, 10:18:15 AM
Why 6linking the chest piece? I don't get how CWDT would trigger the Vaal Skills in there. Shouldn't a 3link suffice for CWDT + immortal call + berserk or am I overlooking something?
"
Krogoth79 wrote:
Why 6linking the chest piece? I don't get how CWDT would trigger the Vaal Skills in there. Shouldn't a 3link suffice for CWDT + immortal call + berserk or am I overlooking something?

You should have Increased Duration in the links instead of berserk. Berserk would be in ornate quiver slot. For the POB it is the absolute pushed to the max build, so I included the 3 mod watchers eye with precision on there, meaning berserk had to move to inc duration spot and precision socketed in quiver.

For the 99.9999999999999% that will never see that watcher eye if it even exists, you should rock berserk in quiver and inc duration in 6l setup for chest.

Early on though no, inc duration not needed at all and you can just 2l it.
Hi, love the guide! Will the changes made to Chainbreaker make it no longer suitable for using in the build?
"
PayneSyzygy wrote:
Hi, love the guide! Will the changes made to Chainbreaker make it no longer suitable for using in the build?

I would say probably but have not tested much. What i can say is popping berserk and attacking makes you run out of rage in literally a second. Since 99% was used for bossing and you had a solid 10 seconds or so it was super worth and now it is just.... not.
With maloneys should you bother putting berserk in it? or just keep in in chest and move it when you get a regular ornate quiver?

Trying to figure out my socket colors ahead of time as my coffers run dry after buying asenaths / maloneys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info