[3.16] g00fy_goober's Toxic Rain Occultist (Easily clear all content)

"
"
_Shini_Gami_ wrote:
If there are no big changes to this build (exept mayby berserk) I'll most likely league start with this.
Any recommendations how to go about the start of the league? Because some gems are gated for witch.
Thanks for the well written guide btw

If your gonna league start, go ranger, get to town. Put bow + CA (From Quest Reward) into stash. Make witch. Use CA + Whatever until A6. I just used Skellies in a 3/4 link until A6 as a supplement to CA for damage on Bosses. Also pretty good meat shield as well.

Not a bad idea. I am sure you can do any witch stuff tbh and change around in a6 but then gems are level 1 so. Still pretty easy to do if you have a friend/guildy buy a few gems at start.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
"
_Shini_Gami_ wrote:
If there are no big changes to this build (exept mayby berserk) I'll most likely league start with this.
Any recommendations how to go about the start of the league? Because some gems are gated for witch.
Thanks for the well written guide btw

If your gonna league start, go ranger, get to town. Put bow + CA (From Quest Reward) into stash. Make witch. Use CA + Whatever until A6. I just used Skellies in a 3/4 link until A6 as a supplement to CA for damage on Bosses. Also pretty good meat shield as well.

Not a bad idea. I am sure you can do any witch stuff tbh and change around in a6 but then gems are level 1 so. Still pretty easy to do if you have a friend/guildy buy a few gems at start.

I dont like to bug people right at league start. I tried Ed/Con but then at chapter 6, everything is level 1 like you said. So I deleted, and used CA all the way to chapter 6.

If your not going to get to play until a couple hours later, Get a guildy to just drop you the gems you need for CA/TR Totems. The right gems would make it level much faster.

Also, the TR Totems are pretty solid extra damage as you stated for leveling. Just using CA/TR + Despair + Lightning Golem I am breezing through the chapters.

As for the Tree, I went to the right first, and picked up some damage & Dex nodes first, then started heading for the life nodes. Otherwise you end up with not enough damage for CA and not enough dex.

This is all based on a league start tho. If you have leveling gear, I am sure you can go whichever way you want.

Also, Roth's Reach Bow is pretty legit if you can get one to level with. The chain and arrow nova covers the entire screen almost with CA.

I had a question, what does this statement mean:

"Sirius (kind of))"
Last edited by Tainted_Turkey on Apr 8, 2021, 8:38:18 AM
"

I had a question, what does this statement mean:

"Sirius (kind of))"

I copy the guide format from my other builds and just accidentally forgot to edit that part appropriately. The build I copied it from was my elebuzzsaw revamped build and it was not the best shaper farmer as it relies on holding onto it's frenzy charges as a raider. Sirus having 132,000 phases made it not the greatest.

This build however shreds everything in the game no hands down, one of the best/strongest clear & bossers I have done. So definitely does not apply to this build which shreds it all with it's awesome DOT power.
I think I read they are nerfing the -mana cost mods. That will most likely affect the 0 mana cost part of this, no?
"
I think I read they are nerfing the -mana cost mods. That will most likely affect the 0 mana cost part of this, no?

Haven't heard anything about the - mana cost. But ofc will have to wait until full patchnotes are out.

Having low mana cost isn't really a huge issue anyway just makes it a pain for no regen maps. Plus we do have some wiggle room anyway, so will have to wait and see.
Example video uploaded. Hope sound/quality are okay =)
how does this perform in deli maps defencewise?
considering you showed a t14 map with endgame gear i couldnt really get a feel for that
"
Sarciss wrote:
how does this perform in deli maps defencewise?
considering you showed a t14 map with endgame gear I couldnt really get a feel for that

I don't really have any issues with survive at all including on delirium or simulacrums. Simulacrums were pretty easy actually up until the last couple waves. Think i died once or twice in each one I did all on last wave or two. Mostly because overall low hp pool and the massive amounts of super strong guys + kosis that would spawn. Usually as long as you keep moving and don't hold still for ground effects/degens/explosions etc etc you should be fine.

That being said if you are talking about doing 100% delirious maps I have no idea. Juicing up and doing 100% delirious maps is some content that I really do not enjoy.
Is there a reason to take the 4 south east Dex nodes over the 3 by Reflexes? Seems like it would save a point and you gain 5% evade chance and 7% more chance to hit?
"
Is there a reason to take the 4 south east Dex nodes over the 3 by Reflexes? Seems like it would save a point and you gain 5% evade chance and 7% more chance to hit?

Good catch. Changed tree like 7x as i was playing it, and i tried to do that before but at the time my pathing was different.

With that remaining point I would probably grab Profane Chemistry or the other +30 str node to help alleviate the str you have to get on cluster jewels and such. Thus allowing you to get more chaos res + res on your clusters and allowing you to get closer to 75 max chaos res (not like it's needed, but looks cooler).

Also noticed in my POB that my life was off by like 400 compared to my actual char and so was dps and a couple mods... must have had a save issue fail at some point and never updated....

Things I now changed that I noticed from my char to POB:
- Bow only had 15% attack speed instead of 19%
- Amulet still had life crafted on it and was supposed to be - mana cost
- Gloves were old original ones, new ones were much much better
- Both rings were old outdated ones and not vermillions and didn't have the despair effect on it which is a huge dps increase

Updated all now
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Apr 11, 2021, 7:30:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info