[3.16] g00fy_goober's Toxic Rain Occultist (Easily clear all content)

"
Mu7enR0shi wrote:
any thoughts of how to get a little more tanky?
from t15+ I get one shoted like couple of times in every map.

Getting more tanky is easy. You simply get more defensive stuff on gear/skills. Usually have to drop some QoL stuff or offensive stuff to do so.

That being said being a ranged character with dot stuff you should not really be getting one shot by anything. Unless we are talking ultimatums. Never did TR this league but I ultimatums are pretty rippy for almost all builds.
Somewhat a miraculous build for me ... playing it since start of the season and did 34 challenges so far. But can't manage to get past lvl 95 :)
This one really dies a little too often, but not against masses of enemies. Can do most (would say >95%) ultimatums with no problem. Met trialmaster twice, killed him easily, got 2 conditions left to be met for his challenge. Even just did a simulacrum deathless, met Kosis and Omni at stage 15 and melted both away like nothing. Quite surprising, didn't think I could pull that one off.
When this one dies, it's usually just out of nowhere, tripping off a stray mine or something like that. Or getting hit by the stones that fall down in the fight against the boss of maze map, being shot by barans lightning bolts or whatever. Might be my own dumbness but I'm just not used to it.

So all in all, a nice build which I will enjoy until the end of the season, but somewhat more defense against one shots would make it even greater. Got an Asenaths with reduced reservation for flesh and stone so i can run that aura alongside aspect of the spider. Might help somewhat, but does still not feel sufficient. Will try to get a good explody chest with more life, maybe this helps too.

My pob so far in case someone wants to take a look: https://pastebin.com/52SWMMHP

Thanks to the creator for this build!
"
Krogoth79 wrote:
Somewhat a miraculous build for me ... playing it since start of the season and did 34 challenges so far. But can't manage to get past lvl 95 :)
This one really dies a little too often, but not against masses of enemies. Can do most (would say >95%) ultimatums with no problem. Met trialmaster twice, killed him easily, got 2 conditions left to be met for his challenge. Even just did a simulacrum deathless, met Kosis and Omni at stage 15 and melted both away like nothing. Quite surprising, didn't think I could pull that one off.
When this one dies, it's usually just out of nowhere, tripping off a stray mine or something like that. Or getting hit by the stones that fall down in the fight against the boss of maze map, being shot by barans lightning bolts or whatever. Might be my own dumbness but I'm just not used to it.

So all in all, a nice build which I will enjoy until the end of the season, but somewhat more defense against one shots would make it even greater. Got an Asenaths with reduced reservation for flesh and stone so i can run that aura alongside aspect of the spider. Might help somewhat, but does still not feel sufficient. Will try to get a good explody chest with more life, maybe this helps too.

My pob so far in case someone wants to take a look: https://pastebin.com/52SWMMHP

Did this all last league and had the same feeling mostly. However getting like 5k+ hp instead of like 4k, seemed to do the trick for me mostly. As fun as pushing dps numbers are, a bit more utility + defenses and a tad less dps feel like a more sufficient route. Then again I guess it depends what you push for and care about and what you are farming.
"
Krogoth79 wrote:

It feels exactly the same for me. Stuck on 94 and when I die is mostly 1 Shot from Baran, Stones, or some kind of mines. I will push my life now higher as suggested to 5k. Im sitting around 4k. The damage is insane and clearspeed is very good. But this one shots are so annoying.
"
Krogoth79 wrote:

Thanks for the pastebin! Any estimate on how much currency you put into this build to get it to this point?
"
Jasper111 wrote:

Thanks for the pastebin! Any estimate on how much currency you put into this build to get it to this point?

Hard to say, the Watchers Eye is 12ex, the other jewels I think were around 18ex. The bow I crafted myself, so it's 7ex. The other stuff I don't remember. Got a better armour, gloves and another ring since my last post:

About 15ex for those three. So all in all ~60ex?
Got 4,4k life now and about 10% more damage. Don't die that often anymore. Leveled up to 96 while dying three times, but well, it's still PoE :)
But I'm quite happy now. Only trouble now is doing those RNG Trialmaster challenges ... :/
"
Krogoth79 wrote:
"
Jasper111 wrote:

Hard to say, the Watchers Eye is 12ex, the other jewels I think were around 18ex. The bow I crafted myself, so it's 7ex. The other stuff I don't remember. Got a better armour, gloves and another ring since my last post:

About 15ex for those three. So all in all ~60ex?
Got 4,4k life now and about 10% more damage. Don't die that often anymore. Leveled up to 96 while dying three times, but well, it's still PoE :)
But I'm quite happy now. Only trouble now is doing those RNG Trialmaster challenges ... :/

Hey, how does Boss killing / Conquerors work for you?
I rarely die on Maps...but as soon as i meet a Boss i'm running out of Flasks and Blood Rage slowly kills me at some point.
"
DrunkenReaper wrote:

I rarely die on Maps...but as soon as i meet a Boss i'm running out of Flasks and Blood Rage slowly kills me at some point.

Between life on kill and cinderswallow and essence drain you should be perfectly fine. Even if you are not killing and just bossing, cinderswallow gives you 6% regen from cosecrated ground and 3% life regen additional from flask itself.

Conqs/bosses should literally die in about 1 second. On top of that Essence drain should fully sustain you while you are doing any kind of boss encounter.

Legit should be 0 problems at all, for any bosses, no matter the phases.

That being said the only possible hiccup I can even think of would be sirus phases and waiting for him to do all his stupid stuff, in which case blood rage should not be brining you down very fast to matter but if you do not like seeing your hp go down at all then just don't use blood rage during sirus fight.
"
DrunkenReaper wrote:

Usually I don't use blood rage, since there is no real need for it and for me too it is an unnecessary drain on my life pool. Can kill Conquerors quickly enough without blood rage to do them all safely without dying. Sirus and Maven usually kill me once or twice per encounter but aren't too much of a problem. As good as any other build would get killed by the death beam too, so well ...

Only thing I needed help with is the Feared for the challenge. Couldn't do that alone, because my damage is still not high enough. Will look for a better bow the next few days, might be the easiest way to get damage up further.

But all I'm missing for 40/40 challenges is the currency pickup condition for the trialmaster and some more map grinding. So since there is a lot of time until season end, it wouldn't even be necessary to further improve my build.
Build updated & ready for 3.15 pending any changes that come out in patchnotes. Obviously flasks and probably supports will be taken a damage hit, but I anticipate that toxic rain will still be great to play. Will probably be doing this build as my leaguestart again this league.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Jul 16, 2021, 3:24:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info