[3.24] Volatile Dead | CwC | Inquisitor | No Mana Balancing just pure CwC

hey @Mirathas and everyone else trawling this awesome build!

i've finished up with 3.14 and all i can say is this is probably one of the only times i've REALLY enjoyed holding right click for 13 days xD

my pros
---
easy to play
fun
hold right click
enjoy talking to ur friends because u dont have to focus
+aimbot

neutral
----
build requires some investment if u want to stay alive in t16 juices or even t11+ ultimatums (this was fine for me coz 1league 1char mentality- overall i spend 103ex for hh and probably 30ex on the rest of the gear+jewels)

cons
---
can't do reflect - respeccing in and out of avatar of fire can be annoying even if u are "rich"
no other cons!
EDIT - my friends and i agreed we could not see the ground with this build xD i took mtx off for sirus fights

3.14 early game
----------------
- the 1-38 was super easy coz of the ultimatums just giving us free gg lvling gear (i used freeze pulse 2x +1 wands and holyflame totem for easy backup dmg)
- 3G1b 4L dropped before 38 which was awesome
- i bought the 3g2b 5L for 3c early which was Very gg going into low tier maps
- the 6L corrupted chest 3g3b was available not long after i bought the 5L so that was a huge bonus to my league start
- with the 6L i was able to hit up yellow and red maps very quickly
- i took alira for the extra resists and crit multi, 2 points on the skill tree late game didn't justify having a rocky start (during leveling pre-3.14 i found the extra resists to be more welcome)

3.14 mid game
----------------
surviving in ultimatums t11+ was a bit of an issue, so i had to start upgrading to more expensive items
- proper 6L chest with high es+life, resists didnt matter although i ended up having one with 15% fire or cold res - i forget which one
- has soon as i bought the glorious vanity jewel with doyani and 2 stat watchers eye my survivability was extremely great, the only thing that was problematic were the chieftains in utlimatums who sped up the pack with frenzies...then a haste rare came and made the whole pack racecars!!! they were catching up to the stampede of mine >.>
- the solution to the previous point was to modify the CWDT setups, not use flesh and stone...
5L cwdt vortex - wave of conviction - inc dur - frostbomb (5L setup)
4L cwdt - creep frost - cull - greatervolley (very op cwdt for ultimatum)
2L 2L - cwdt (lvl 10) immortal call (lvl 12) // frostblink + second wind (very good for moving while cyclone, but need 80% increased cooldown on boots + lvl 21 second wind otherwise it's a bit slow but faster than flamedash for sure

3.14 lategame
----------------
-awakened spell cascade makes the build come online with all the bells and whistles (qol+++++++++++++++)
- awakened cast while channelling lvl 5 makes the build hammer the f___k out of anything in its path (qol+++++++++++++++)

i got a headhunter when they were 103ex, life was happy, i died when i looked at my 2nd monitor once, and that was mostly it or on atziri coz my balls hit the mirror and it was gg for me...this allowed me to afk holding right click in the middle of an ultimatum - hh is a very gg item for ultis, i guess that's why the price kept going up - i did have to change my amulet to balance resists, i saw the vd tooltip go up to 239k with hh stacks so i guess it was worth it for mapping

- another main deviation from the original build were my flask
--atziris promise // deodres elixer // instant hp flask (like in og) //wise oak (like in og) // and diamond flask (remove curses) --- just for a bit more dps

3.14 achievements with the maps
-shaper
- guardians + elder guards were easy like u said! (+the maven invitations with guardians + elder guards are easy)
- sirus was easy once i learnt his mechanics (im bad at bossing)
- elder died (didn't have the patience to do an uber elder but i know he would die)
- oshabi the garden boss died
- pale council (they aren't really powerful)
- easy 36/40 - i paid someone to kill uber ziri for me
- juiced t16s were easy, especially legion packs

sadly i can't share my final pob or even my mid game pob pre-hh coz i didnt record it and poe.ninja doesn't show me up there even though im lvl 97 :(

hopefully this is valuable feedback for u guys looking to use the build, i might try the scolds bridal version next league if no other builds appeal to me!

thx again for the awesome build! i'm back at work tomorrow :( if u have any questions Mirathas i'll check back over the week or two, otherwise until next league :D

Last edited by hypox2 on May 2, 2021, 8:32:29 AM
"
hypox2 wrote:

sadly i can't share my final pob or even my mid game pob pre-hh coz i didnt record it and poe.ninja doesn't show me up there even though im lvl 97 :(

hopefully this is valuable feedback for u guys looking to use the build, i might try the scolds bridal version next league if no other builds appeal to me!

thx again for the awesome build! i'm back at work tomorrow :( if u have any questions Mirathas i'll check back over the week or two, otherwise until next league :D

This is a lot of good info and I appreciate it. Could you import your character into PoB and then show us that? I'd like to consult the changes you've made and what I could incorporate. In particular your CWDT mirrored my own mind that something to slow enemies would work well with Ultimatums.

The Doryani jewel was for the the 20% HP into ES?
"
hypox2 wrote:

Much appreciated long write up, it really help beside guide.
"
CedricDur wrote:
"
hypox2 wrote:

This is a lot of good info and I appreciate it. Could you import your character into PoB and then show us that? I'd like to consult the changes you've made and what I could incorporate. In particular your CWDT mirrored my own mind that something to slow enemies would work well with Ultimatums.

The Doryani jewel was for the the 20% HP into ES?

Corrupted Soul (Doryani Keystone from Glorious Vanity) works extremely well with Inquisitor. It splits damage taken between Life and Energy Shield, so both your Life and ES regen/leech work at the same time, practically doubling your EHP-recovery.

15% life gained as ES is an awesome bonus too of course. :)
Last edited by XenoPOE on May 3, 2021, 6:38:54 AM
Here is my answer: https://pastebin.com/SGSk6SpL

It's pretty loyal to the original except that I use flicker strike for Fortify and using Overcharged(8% chance to generate endurance, frenzy or power charge) for easy charges. Using a low level Precision for crit chance.

I noticed you barely use any strength on your gear. I am at around 520 STR and INT without attribute nodes.

Awakened gems are next and I am going to experiment with Divergent VD. Great build!
Last edited by SprMario on May 4, 2021, 7:37:37 AM
I also made my personal perfect version of this.

https://pastebin.com/aCEhEhPR

I have most items for it (the body armor is hard to craft/expensive); still missing Awakened Gems and dual Mod Watcher's Eye, unfortunately I don't know if I have enough time/motivation to keep playing the character, this league feels a bit stale for me. I tried to get as much damage as the Scold's Bridle version while also staying exceedingly tanky - which I think did work out. The total price of this should be around ~70 Exalts.

One downside compared to the Scold's Bridle version is that your perfect DPS uptime is much lower, since the CWDT setups do not constantly trigger but require getting hit by enemies. You can alleviate this by getting Assassin's Mark on the 2nd ring and changing the CWDT-Setup from the body armor into an Arcanist Brand for 100% uptime on bosses (honestly I think this is actually better in higher tier content, I am just lazy :D).

Thanks alot for the initial build @OP, it is very relaxing to play and can be pushed a lot more than I previously thought, highly recommended! I played it at the beginning of the league and unfortunately ripped at LVL87 to a reflect map mod that I didn't notice (I stop playing builds when I die, despite being in SC), that's why I remade it into a deluxe version yesterday. :)
Last edited by XenoPOE on May 5, 2021, 8:16:51 AM
Hey again guys, i know i still got uber lab to do and my gems need lvls , but dps feels low?
Im farming for amu and getting them anointed what more can I do?
Is the helm big dps wise?

Any tips appriciated (HC by the way)

Cheers
Has anyone tried petrified blood with this to handle one shots better?
Maybe I'm missing something but how do you reserve that much mana? Even with Enlighten 4 it's 1% too much in PoB
"
Sttorr wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but how do you reserve that much mana? Even with Enlighten 4 it's 1% too much in PoB

Herald of Ash: 25%
Discipline: 35%
Zealotry: 50%

Total: 110%

Sovereignty: 6% reduced reserved
110% * 0.94 = 103,4%

Enlighten level 3 is 92% Multiplier
103,4% * 0.92 = 95,128%

You didn't use Sovereignty in your calculations. Just Enlighten Lv.3 = 101% reserved which is what you're seeing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info