Clear speed is best thing about PoE

There are people who would love to play this game if it had a skill that would clear the entire map instantly with a single keystroke.

The question is, should the developers cater to that?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There are people who would love to play this game if it had a skill that would clear the entire map instantly with a single keystroke.

Unfortunately they did this over and over and over for years, despise requests in public boards, generations of old streamers quitting, and despise such poor growth & upkeep over the years compared against the amount of new content totally F2P (compare growth/nrs to the REAL F2Ps.. LoL CSGO Dota warthunder WoT wows).
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Darn, and here I was anticipating you to reveal it.
"
Flying_Mage wrote:

It's still 1% or less.
The absolute majority can't even dream of lvl 100.
So it's like showing off your $100k watch to a minimum wage worker. A complete douchebag move.

It's 5-10% actually.
Check poe.ninja, there are 15000 characters above level 98.
I think there were 150000 players on start of league, declining over time.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Shaped Strand + VFB was super fun, I hope one day vaal skills would have a comeback, as well as Strand/Gorge playstyle. It was more fun than 100% Delirium map + looting for 10 minutes.

Why not? We having fun, playing a lot and we buying MTX. What else GGG would want? I for sure will level more Level 100 characters in each league as long as I could make powerful characters which clear whole screen or be an aura/curse support to such characters.
Last edited by Tortoise_Turtle on Feb 25, 2021, 4:26:10 PM
"
"
Flying_Mage wrote:

It's still 1% or less.
So it's like showing off your $100k watch to a minimum wage worker. A complete douchebag move.

It's 5-10% actually.

Three times less at lvl100.
And 150k total it's pretty low number. If this is the case, then the game has way more problems than I thought.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Unfortunately they did this over and over and over for years, despise requests in public boards, generations of old streamers quitting, and despise such poor growth & upkeep over the years compared against the amount of new content totally F2P (compare growth/nrs to the REAL F2Ps.. LoL CSGO Dota warthunder WoT wows).

Games like LoL, DOTA & CSGO are build on gameplay, like basketball or football iRL. People play them for the gameplay. New contnet are just icing on the cake.

I do not know about the other games, but when they add content to WOW, destiny 2, its beefy contents with massive new area(s) to explore, extended story.

With some noteble exceptons like hiest, the 6 acts expansion, maybe delve (its considerable, but its the same tile sets repeat many times), most of the added contents in poE are more items, crafting, few unique areas & a boss.

Compare to other arpgs, for sure you can considered PoE beefy. But PoE is bigger than every current arpg developers, & the only live service arpg game (in the west).

There is a very critical component that limit the grwoth of PoE. multiplayers.

ALmost all of the most popular games as well as most stream games (with exception of minecraft) are heavy in MP. Something PoE lack.

More people feel attached to a game if there are friends, people they ca play with. More people enjoying group activities. Think about sports, which are the most popular ones, in vieweshoip & interest? Team & competitive sports.

Last edited by kiadaw on Feb 26, 2021, 4:54:11 AM
The best way to play PoE right now is multiplayer with a guild. Further promoting it is...dumb
"
Flying_Mage wrote:
"
"
Flying_Mage wrote:

It's still 1% or less.

It's 5-10% actually.

Three times less at lvl100.
And 150k total it's pretty low number. If this is the case, then the game has way more problems than I thought.

The 150k was the all time record for PoE actually, & it is pretty good actually for a game dev of this size. Normaly 1/2 of the gamers leave after a month, which is decent.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The best way to play PoE right now is multiplayer with a guild. Further promoting it is...dumb

80% of player do not play MP. MP for exp is good, no one even contest it, but it was also not fun, wgich is why most players play solo.

Also, no one is promoting MP. I am just stating that there is only so much a single player focus game can go in popularity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info