Clear speed is best thing about PoE

not rly
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Playing multiplayer with a guild is still the best way to play this game.
"
kiadaw wrote:
The 150k was the all time record for PoE actually, & it is pretty good actually for a game dev of this size. Normaly 1/2 of the gamers leave after a month, which is decent.

Simultaneous players =/ total players.

Also, several players have multiple level 100 characters.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
kiadaw wrote:
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There are people who would love to play this game if it had a skill that would clear the entire map instantly with a single keystroke.

The question is, should the developers cater to that?

Unfortunately they did this over and over and over for years, despise requests in public boards, generations of old streamers quitting, and despise such poor growth & upkeep over the years compared against the amount of new content totally F2P (compare growth/nrs to the REAL F2Ps.. LoL CSGO Dota warthunder WoT wows).

Games like LoL, DOTA & CSGO are build on gameplay, like basketball or football iRL. People play them for the gameplay. New contnet are just icing on the cake.

I do not know about the other games, but when they add content to WOW, destiny 2, its beefy contents with massive new area(s) to explore, extended story.

With some noteble exceptons like hiest, the 6 acts expansion, maybe delve (its considerable, but its the same tile sets repeat many times), most of the added contents in poE are more items, crafting, few unique areas & a boss.

Compare to other arpgs, for sure you can considered PoE beefy. But PoE is bigger than every current arpg developers, & the only live service arpg game (in the west).

There is a very critical component that limit the grwoth of PoE. multiplayers.

ALmost all of the most popular games as well as most stream games (with exception of minecraft) are heavy in MP. Something PoE lack.

More people feel attached to a game if there are friends, people they ca play with. More people enjoying group activities. Think about sports, which are the most popular ones, in vieweshoip & interest? Team & competitive sports.

Lots of contradictions here and there.
CSGO is full of competitors BF CoD every other FPS in the world, it almost petrified with 0 content yet it has like ONE MILLION players. Because it is FREE.

Dota vs LoL these games compete with each other and these each have MASSIVE playerbases, because they are FREE.

PoE has a lot of content, they desperately spew content, it has close to NO competition (rather sporadic competition but nothing F2P or nothing big (yet) with so much regular content), it is FREE, yet the playerbase is miserable compared to the above other F2Ps.

If it peaks to 100k and goes down to 10k it means that RETENTION SUCKS badly. If it is out for years and the next league is 110k from 100k it means that growth is BAD.
^If Retention & Growth in 8+ years are SO POOR, it means that the game has some fundamentals done wrong. Like, probably people don't like to play it after all?

CSGO LoL these games have grown to millions players, you can do that only by making a good game that people want to play indefinitely the whole year.
Warthunder, WoT, WoWs. Warthunder is giga grind yet it never plummeted. WoT is declining yet it doesnt plummet as well. WoWs is in slight decline, same story.
Destiny & Warframe. Same loot, same pve stuff. Regardless of what these games did, these never collapsed to 10k in 4 weeks before peaking again.
Playerbases are STABLE in these F2P games. Only poe has that very very weird movement with the playerbase.

The rest is cherry picking, "dont compare to CSGO and LoL, compare with other arpgs" yea, no why? i am exactly going to do that to show how poe made big mistakes from 2013+ to today as it still dies after 4 weeks. Currently 35k online in a FREE game with new content quarterly, what a joke.

Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Feb 26, 2021, 1:55:42 PM
"
ZaeN wrote:

Lots of contradictions here and there.
CSGO is full of competitors BF CoD every other FPS in the world, it almost petrified with 0 content yet it has like ONE MILLION players. Because it is FREE.

Dota vs LoL these games compete with each other and these each have MASSIVE playerbases, because they are FREE.

PoE has a lot of content, they desperately spew content, it has close to NO competition (rather sporadic competition but nothing F2P or nothing big (yet) with so much regular content), it is FREE, yet the playerbase is miserable compared to the above other F2Ps.

If it peaks to 100k and goes down to 10k it means that RETENTION SUCKS badly. If it is out for years and the next league is 110k from 100k it means that growth is BAD.
^If Retention & Growth in 8+ years are SO POOR, it means that the game has some fundamentals done wrong. Like, probably people don't like to play it after all?

CSGO LoL these games have grown to millions players, you can do that only by making a good game that people want to play indefinitely the whole year.
Warthunder, WoT, WoWs. Warthunder is giga grind yet it never plummeted. WoT is declining yet it doesnt plummet as well. WoWs is in slight decline, same story.
Destiny & Warframe. Same loot, same pve stuff. Regardless of what these games did, these never collapsed to 10k in 4 weeks before peaking again.
Playerbases are STABLE in these F2P games. Only poe has that very very weird movement with the playerbase.

The rest is cherry picking, "dont compare to CSGO and LoL, compare with other arpgs" yea, no why? i am exactly going to do that to show how poe made big mistakes from 2013+ to today as it still dies after 4 weeks. Currently 35k online in a FREE game with new content quarterly, what a joke.

i don't know if you have played the game you spoke about in your post but in case you don't know they are PvP ladder grinding game.
They are the one with the most appealing incentive to play and have a really infinite replayability (unlike ALL pve games that need constant injection of huge content like PoE and WoW are to not die straight away like other arpg did).

So yeah you don't compare similar game.

Yes you can compare witcher 3 to LoL 4 years after his release concurrent players numbers and say then witcher 3 is a shit game.
But the only thing you proved is that you don't know what you are talking about
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
"
Arcanist_ wrote:

i don't know if you have played the game you spoke about in your post but in case you don't know they are PvP ladder grinding game.

Yet again cherry picking to justify poor stats. So instead of LOOKING AT THE FACT: 150k to 30k players, what excuse are you finding exactly?

Destiny 2 and Warframe have the same PVE loot grind, are we gonna cherry pick and say that these are not isometric and that PoE is justified to have such a shitty playerbase?

The fact stands that these are all games totally free to download and play right now, yet people chooses to quit this game and go play something else, weird i dont see the same trend happening to Destiny & Warframe every patch these have. Over the years we can all look what FREE-TO-PLAY games have STABLE 50k 100k to 1mil or more playerbases, while we can see which F2P game plummets in 3 weeks over and over.

P.S. witcher 3 is 1) a paid game and 2) the steamcharts curve is pretty gradual, no major falls over the years, never went below 10k probably 3) all being considered TW3 is a fucking success that ended up in a fucking series in Netflix wtf are you talking about really.

I installed 99% of the mentioned games as soon as these become open beta, LoL when it had like 20 champions, WoT when it had a couple nations, WT it only had planes, WoWs i have the 5years badge, same for PoE installed asap this PoS rmt arpg that long time ago I dumped, guess, in a couple weeks. The other games have easily 500 to thousands hours depending.

A player is a player, he can have 200 games installed of all genres, especially if these are F2P and bought during sales. Treating PoE as special because its genre and not eligible for raw statistics examination is a real SORRY EXCUSE
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

Last edited by ZaeN on Feb 26, 2021, 4:07:12 PM
"
ZaeN wrote:
"
Arcanist_ wrote:

Yet again cherry picking to justify poor stats. So instead of LOOKING AT THE FACT: 150k to 30k players, what excuse are you finding exactly?

Destiny 2 and Warframe have the same PVE loot grind, are we gonna cherry pick and say that these are not isometric and that PoE is justified to have such a shitty playerbase?

The fact stands that these are all games totally free to download and play right now, yet people chooses to quit this game and go play something else, weird i dont see the same trend happening to Destiny & Warframe every patch these have. Over the years we can all look what FREE-TO-PLAY games have STABLE 50k 100k to 1mil or more playerbases, while we can see which F2P game plummets in 3 weeks over and over.

P.S. witcher 3 is 1) a paid game and 2) the steamcharts curve is pretty gradual, no major falls over the years, never went below 10k probably 3) all being considered TW3 is a fucking success that ended up in a fucking series in Netflix wtf are you talking about really.

I installed 99% of the mentioned games as soon as these become open beta, LoL when it had like 20 champions, WoT when it had a couple nations, WT it only had planes, WoWs i have the 5years badge, same for PoE installed asap this PoS rmt arpg that long time ago I dumped, guess, in a couple weeks. The other games have easily 500 to thousands hours depending.

A player is a player, he can have 200 games installed of all genres, especially if these are F2P and bought during sales. Treating PoE as special because its genre and not eligible for raw statistics examination is a real SORRY EXCUSE

Do you even play poe ?
If you want to know why the game is made this way you have a chris wilson talking at GDC about the design goal of PoE and why it have such a pseudo periodic curves for concurrent players (which even if it is periodic is clearly growing and you dont need to be a mathematicians to see that a curves with higher high and higher low is an uptrend).

as for someone that play both PoE and such competitive games. i can play LoL whenever i want in little session or big to grind ladder while in poe it's all or nothing and i play it a lot in early then await to next season to try new things because the game is designed with that intent anyway (really go watch what chris said).

If poe wanted to have better player retention they could just make like these games some long run ladder to grind off with maybe rewards and i would play it probably a lot more even in the end of the league but at the same time i know it would burn me out so i prefer timed event like the one zizaran do to have period when i play the game and period when i don't.
Ofc PoE wants more retention and more players, these guys sell armor sets for 100$ and prior to Tencent the major stakeholder was RMT sites.

I saw one talk where the title was "The game meant to be played forever" yet the games really played FOREVER are others. There are answers for that, all you need to do is to aknowledge them instead of finding excuse upon excuse, like what i am hearing, LoL "competitive game" meaning PoE isn't (with these teams of ppl wasting their weekends to race to 100)? lol.

Talking about growth, obviously you didn't read where i wrote 110k over 100k with so much content (4 patches per year madness) is POOR growth.
Other games swim in hundreds thousands without adding anything like zero content for months.
Poe from 2013+ to today 2021 should have been 300-500k players fixed all league around with so much yearly content yet it doesn't because the game sucks evidently, because ppl say "nah not worth it" and quit it after like 2 days evidently.

The game does have a "pvp" competitive mode but it sucks for some evident reasons resulted from game design.
The game has an infinite instance "standard" but it sucks for some evident reasons resulted from game design.

Whenever anything comes out (D4 announcements and Cyberpunk release) GGG shits themselves, wtf really after almost 10ys you still shit yourselves over competition? So they do admit that the product is weak

Now you either read those numbers as they are or keep convincing yourself that PoE is speshul genre exempt from stats analysis, lol

Last edited by ZaeN on Feb 26, 2021, 6:19:19 PM
All the game you talked about have the same curve if you watch the "all" time frame instead of the "1 years period"
Starting high going down and then staying at a certain level and not moving anymore.
PoE is just a messy pseudo periodic uptrend.

On the other hand poe started very low.
But yes the game have "low" number of player but i don't think that's much related to the content rather than how HARD it is to get in.

If poe wanted more player they should focus on what a new player experience on start.
Imagine starting the game as i did : All alone (and im a special case because who would be mad enough to do that ?).

The game is almost unplayable : no filter no 3rd tool 0 knowledge on how to trade etc.
I managed to get through because i have a HUGE H&S experience pushing ladder on D3 before theorycrafting build etc.

But your average joe CANT start the game without being babysitted.
that's where PoE flaw is for "huge" growth as you'd like to see in players number i guess it's the focus on PoE 2 but i don't know if they can succeed on that aspect when you see tremondous work needed for it to happen.

On the other hand i see no problems as the game restricted to more hardcore gamer because i left LoL for the absolute garbage community of the game esp at high elo where people knows each other and i don't think i want poe community to become like those "big numbers" game have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info