Clear speed is best thing about PoE

MP will never be a thing unless they cut back on MTX and calculations a lot.
Simply because like half the playerbase cant even run duo-gameplay properly in a juiced map.
If they dont, well then theres no point to force such roles as tank/CC as it will be mostly subpar niche gameplay. Just DPSing your way through will still be superior.
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
Yep we are at a point right now that the only mecanics mobs have that matter is on death effect.
that's why there are new on death effect each league because it's the only things players can actually feels and it's not a good sign.
Sometime a step back is the right choice

Yup, Jonathan (GGG) even said it in an interview (semi-quote): "Monsters in PoE are expected to die fast, so one of the dangers we can actually make, is on-death effects".

I'll see if I find the exact quote.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Spoiler
This post is not ironic or meme, this is my honest opinion and response to clear speed and power creep haters out of my own game experience.

Two days ago I finally reach 100M+ EXP per hour on Level 99 (not Chayula's domain, no prophecy abuse) and it made me realise how much I like clear speed and modern PoE:

I greatly enjoy playing fast and using powerful characters with good defences and decent DPS. Harvest also was a good addition to the game in this league, allowed to make even better gear, took crafting from super rich with thousands of exalts and gave it to middle players.

No way I will play boring and small old PoE when single rare monster took 10 seconds to kill, this would feel terrible and I am sure multiple players (who enjyo the game right now, when we have more than 4200 Level 100 Characters in Ritual, so they don't post on forums) feel the same.

I am waiting for even more power creep in next leagues to make even more powerful and enjoyable characters :^)

And now I want to share some sad truth for haters: there is realistically no way that power creep and clear speed would even be reversed or reduced. Reason is simple, we have to much content which is balanced around current values. Revert it to old Path of Exile's (pre-Ascendancy) speed, and it would break beyond reparable.

Legion is balanced around clear speed, remove it and you will be able to clear 10% of the monolith. Blight is balanced around clear speed (with new Atlas 100% speed passive even more), remove it and you will not be able to defend the tower. T4 Seeds in Harvest taking minutes to kill to most builds even now, reduce power and they'll take hour. Incursions, Delirium are timed mechanics too.

It will require too much rebalance, and for sake of what? To turn off thousands of players who enjoying modern PoE for some phantom chance that some haters would play more (but realistically a lot of them would find another reason to not play, just like Aurastacker haters instantly started to cry about Explosion Chests and Headhunter, bad for them, we just got Elevated Explosion Chests, so they are not going anywhere and Headhunter confirmed to never be nerfed by Chris). It's much better to continue power creep with their declared value of 10% per league and keep loyal modern playerbase. Numbers of players just growing in each league and market is alive even after 5 weeks of Echoes release.

Modern PoE has single problem, namely performance, but this is completely another story.

This post is the antithesis to yours.

Just because you can't comprehend that some of us do take their time to still kill a rare monster in 10 seconds, that doesn't make us absent.

Just because you enjoy the "need for zoom-zoom" doesn't invalidate the fact that other players enjoy strategical and tactical gameplay.

Just because you and TencentGGG are accustomed to "pew-pew zoom-zoom" full screen clears these days, doesn't invalidate the fact that Legions and Blights, and Alvas and Harvest content, CAN BE FINISHED WITHOUT A MANDATORY TIMER as long as our characters and skillplays allows it.

Why not let the "slow pokes" have their "FUN" too, because @#&% knows you zoomers will always "gotta go fast"???

Do you remember that DESYNC was "impossible to fix"? Just until it wasn't...

HH isn't safe, even though is a "sanctioned staple of unlimited asinine overpowerness"...

You do need to understand they will always reign in the dreaded "power creep", by any means at hand, be them newer and more difficult content, arbitrary nerfs/buffs to EXP gain/h or enemy damage/HP etc. etc.

Your view is an "illusion", EXILE...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 21, 2021, 10:32:52 AM
I know part of the playerbase dislikes the fast pace, zoom zoom, loot pinata, but I personally love all these things about PoE.

While there's no doubt that the game is complicated you can also play it quite casually (if you follow a build guide that is) - kill mobs fast, collect shiny stuff, invest the shiny stuff in your character to kill mobs even faster and collect even more shiny stuff even faster.

I liked Grim Dawn and Wolcen, but I really missed the fast pace of PoE there. Grim Dawn was slow in general. I don't remember how fast the combat was in Wolcen, but I do remember that in the endgame 'rifts' (or what were they called?) the bosses took so long to kill that it bored the hell out of me. Or maybe it was my build, but either way the builds were fucked up in general during the launch.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
Yep we are at a point right now that the only mecanics mobs have that matter is on death effect.
that's why there are new on death effect each league because it's the only things players can actually feels and it's not a good sign.
Sometime a step back is the right choice

Yup, Jonathan (GGG) even said it in an interview (semi-quote): "Monsters in PoE are expected to die fast, so one of the dangers we can actually make, is on-death effects".

I'll see if I find the exact quote.

This is why I continued to said GGG is bad at designing combat. ANd also tehy wonder why no want to play mele, & 1/2 of the builda wears explody chest.
Last edited by KiadawP on Feb 21, 2021, 2:29:38 PM
Enter my world

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/923384164

ALL DAY

EVERY LEAGUE

GOD DAM RIGHT

LOL PEOPLE THINKING THEY NERFED VALDORS 4HEAD
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 21, 2021, 3:32:25 PM
"
Harvest also was a good addition to the game in this league, allowed to make even better gear, took crafting from super rich with thousands of exalts and gave it to middle players.

Just out of curiosity - how would you know?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Feb 21, 2021, 3:54:11 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Thousands reach level 100. This should be shown to the people who constantly complain about exp penalty on death.

there is no skill in sitting Chayulas/5-ways to soak safe exp all day long :) it's just a matter of exalts.
For the people who claim that Clear speed is the best thing about PoE.
Gonna use the ritual league as an example. How is the typical experience when fighting in those late game rituals? The only way for it to be hard is to spawn insane amounts of monsters. Effect are then everywhere so you can't really make anything out. You end up just spamming abilties and pots left and right.
You can't really say it's good gameplay.

Clear speed is a double edged sword. I get the argument, you want to feel strong, you want to be able to get that sweet loot fast.
But at the same time. At a certain point you start to realize your just Zoom-Zooming across maps blowing stuff up. The rest of the time you spend sorting your inventory. The game actually become more mindless in some ways the further you get.
Also, since players are so damn fast, monsters/bosses have also been turned up in speed and damage. Not to mention they need 1 shot mechanics to be able to pose a threat to players with great leech, reg etc...
But this means you as a player will many times have a hard time avoiding or even seeing those monsters abilities. So RIPs come damn sudden while other times same targets pose no threat at all.
It becomes very inconsistant and I think thats why people are bailing on playing Hardcore.

Next time you clear a ritual, ask yourself if it really is good gameplay?
Yes, it is good gameplay

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info