Massive RIP to PoE.

"
M1cash1 wrote:
why should i reward a company that is lazy and gives a f.. at the opinions from their playerbase?

"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

yeah, a company that doesnt give a f about broken trade, broken balance, one-shots, tedious micromanagement, carpal tunnel loot pickup, broken item drop system, flasks... ooooh wait

And that is the problem in a nutshell. D2R need not be awesome and all-new and constantly changing. It must just be stable and moderately balanced to be a serious threat to PoE.

- On the one hand, that's pretty sad, because PoE has so incredibly much potential and some really great ideas and mechanics. A lot of that potential isn't realized due to technical botches and so the next threat could be waiting around any corner.
- On the other hand, it shows just how little effort is needed for PoE to be that much better. Some tuning, some simple numbers rebalancing, some QoL focus, some genuine code reviews could lessen (not remove, don't misquote this!) so many issues PoE has without requiring a full rewrite. And that would make PoE so much better that they could increase their reach significantly.

So please, tencent: Step up and let PoE be a real competitor, not a stop gap. You can actually do it, you have some good devs, after all.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Can't wait. Those QoL changes alone have me excited.
No doubt POE will die because of D2R. Just like it died to Last Epoch and Wolcen.

POE will be fine. I think it's good for the genre to have games that drive other developers to do better.

That being said, that price tag makes me want to boycott it out of principle. Slapping a fresh coat of paint on something doesn't warrant a full priced game. Shallow money grabs get under my skin. I'm not sure if I'll get over that point or not.
"
Nubatron wrote:

That being said, that price tag makes me want to boycott it out of principle. Slapping a fresh coat of paint on something doesn't warrant a full priced game. Shallow money grabs get under my skin. I'm not sure if I'll get over that point or not.

OH PLEASE!. The entire remake costs just as much or even less than a combined wing in the MTX store here. Sounds too cheap in comparison tbf.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last edited by MaxEXA on Feb 20, 2021, 6:37:24 AM
I will definetely play it and see if the bug bites again ;)
But since PoE is the game that got me hooked the most in the last X years.. I am sure I won*t be leaving.. just divide my time a little. :)
Yeah. Many PoE fans have no problem buying a $60 supporter pack for a half-baked league.

But a $60 remaster is crossing the line.
"
SkinnerSw33t wrote:
Yeah. Many PoE fans have no problem buying a $60 supporter pack for a half-baked league.

But a $60 remaster is crossing the line.

God forbid a remake costs as much as a body armor and a portal.

I am willing to drop a 100 USD on the remake easily. I hope they do a physical collectors edition.

I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last edited by MaxEXA on Feb 20, 2021, 6:46:21 AM
Wont be playing it unless they start developing it. If they do, I'll give it a go. But just new graphics and a new stash aren't going to give me a new game.
"
MaxEXA wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:

OH PLEASE!. The entire remake costs just as much or even less than a combined wing in the MTX store here. Sounds too cheap in comparison tbf.

Like I said, it's a principle based thing. I'm okay with spending a lot more than $60 on a game when it doesn't feel like a blatant money grab.

Buying an MTX isn't forced to play POE, so it doesn't bother me at all. To somehow assume that the work they've done on D2R somehow warrants a full priced game though is a bridge too far if that is what you're implying above.
Diablo has special place in my heart. I played D1 as a kid and i remember that i had to turn off the sound sometimes as i was getting scared.

But this, in 2021? Massive rip to PoE?? Meh.

Prob for people that are still overly nostalgic and that's about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info