3. Polish
4. Zero lag
5. ARPG experience
6. New classes
7. New crafts
8. New items
9. Cross platform progression
10. PoE still catching up
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
So much salt in here lol.

Reason I’ve preordered D2R:

1. Performance
2. Stability
3. Polish
4. Zero lag
5. ARPG experience
6. New classes
7. New crafts
8. New items

What the fuck are you talking about there's no new classes it's THE SAME fucking game all they did was put a filter and what catching up? There's no new end content in D2 It's literally baal runs into rune hunts.

Did you magically create the content of D2 remastered in your game or what?

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 19, 2021, 11:01:10 PM
Hmm, so it's graphics update and I'm wondering where the graphics are.

A slight overhaul is it?

Not good enough. Will give it a try, but...meh.

edit: oh, new classes / items? sounding better..need another look now
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on Feb 19, 2021, 11:07:02 PM
"we're not capable of making new good games anymore, so we'll remaster a game from when we were"
Last edited by Anton__Chigur on Feb 19, 2021, 11:16:31 PM
"
So much salt in here lol.

Reason I’ve preordered D2R:

1. Performance
2. Stability
3. Polish
4. Zero lag
5. ARPG experience
6. New classes
7. New crafts
8. New items

Pre-order from blizzard can be a very bad idea. Remember WC3 reforged?
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic
"RIP to POE because people want to replay an old game they could already be playing right now if they wanted to"?
The remaster looks good. But classic D2 gameplay is not going to age well standing up to the titan that is POE today.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I will be playing it 100% for sure but in no way shape or form, it would have significant impact on my POE time.

It might if its release collided with a POE league release but a few characters and a month down the road I am sure I am coming back to POE. D2 Remaster is a nostalgia bait that I would gladly take.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last edited by MaxEXA on Feb 20, 2021, 12:08:29 AM
I'm sure I'll get a hundred hours out of it but I've already done everything I could possibly do in Diablo 2 (and I'm sure most people here have as well.) Won't hold my interest for long.
IDK yall, this is going to be huge.

The team doing D2RM did NOT do the wc3, if anything they made sure to point that out. And watching their interview with MrLlama, it was refreshing to listen to devs who were actually passionate about the game, and who used to actually play it.

And to I_NO; it's much more then a quick 'skin'. We're getting;

1)Freakin GOURGEOUS textures for a remaster. It's on par with current PoE, and imo actually looks better then everything in poe besides poe's newest maps.

2)They're keeping everything from how pvp works to the game lobby in. It's the D2 engine running in the background.

3)Holy shit stash improvements. No more muleing items, we get a bigger stash AND a shared stash.

4)Their seasons from what they said are either going to be 3 or 4 months long.

5)Offline play, and cross progression to consoles so you can play on your pc and then the same character on your switch offline if you want.

6)They've gone out of their way to say a couple times that they want to listen to the community during the alpha / beta. Current plan is to stick to D2 as much as possible, but enough community feedback on balance / changes could sway how D2R works.

While of course PoE has THE endgame content currently and probably for a good while, there's absolute reason to be wary of D2R. For instance if 3.16 or whichever league launched alongside D2R, I'm absolutely picking D2R every time.

Not saying it's a PoE killer in any way other then launch dates, but they need to pay attention to this and even D4.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info