Massive RIP to PoE.

No new classes.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Or items
Or crafts
Or anything

The fuck was that guy talking about

They literally said it's the same with pretty much a filter the same base engine all they did was write a filter and place it onto the engine.

In every season you basically do baal runs / mf mephisto etc including in HC that's all you did like some of your rose goggles are making you all weird going IT WILL BREAK POE and magically make stuff that doesn't exist for some reason.

You play this game in sessions just like poe.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bleu42 wrote:
1)Freakin GOURGEOUS textures for a remaster. It's on par with current PoE, and imo actually looks better then everything in poe besides poe's newest maps.

we looking at the same thing??

well, to be fair, most times PoE plays at 140p resolution because of dynamic resolution and all the fps lag from the crazy shit happening all over the fucking place.

so i guess if you count that
If it runs smoothly and has the potential for add-ons like endgame maps or so, it will surely hit PoE noticably.

Best case scenario: It worries tencent enough that they give some priority to fixing PoE and making sure PoE2 isn't as technologically bad as PoE. Then we all win.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Bleu42 wrote:
IDK yall, this is going to be huge.

The team doing D2RM did NOT do the wc3,

i doubt i would even have to look this up to see if its true or not, but the team doing D2 Remaster did not do diablo 2.

after all of these years theyre just putting a fresh coat of paint on a game we've already played to death. how is this huge? this is years too late.
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Feb 20, 2021, 2:13:49 AM
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
1)Freakin GOURGEOUS textures for a remaster. It's on par with current PoE, and imo actually looks better then everything in poe besides poe's newest maps.

we looking at the same thing??

well, to be fair, most times PoE plays at 140p resolution because of dynamic resolution and all the fps lag from the crazy shit happening all over the fucking place.

so i guess if you count that

I stand by what I say. I play on an HDR 3440x1440 and trust me when I say that certain maps ( especially the new ones ) in poe look VERY good, I love it.

But the majority of PoE is old art old assets and old lighting. Everything in D2R is brand new and from what I've seen just in the videos looks on par with the newest PoE art.
"
"
Bleu42 wrote:

i doubt i would even have to look this up to see if its true or not, but the team doing D2 Remaster did not do diablo 2.

after all of these years theyre just putting a fresh coat of paint on a game we've already played to death. how is this huge? this is years too late.

Well yea.. dude Blizz north was essentially fired / disbanded. No shit they aren't doing the D2R. It's Vicarious Visions, who specialize in doing remasters. They're the ones behind the Crash Bandicoot remaster and the new Tony Hawk remaster. They've done fantastic work, and not only what they've shown but what they've said shows they know what they're doing.

There's a reason that PoE was literally made as a spiritual successor to the old D2. Add in brand new 3d graphics, some QoL changes and bring to current year, and yes it's going to be huge.

You're about to watch a remaster sell more and have more players then PoE ever has, ever. I love poe to death and I'm not saying D2R is better in every way, but yes this is going to be huge, mark my words.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
Bleu42 wrote:

Well yea.. dude Blizz north was essentially fired / disbanded. No shit they aren't doing the D2R. It's Vicarious Visions, who specialize in doing remasters. They're the ones behind the Crash Bandicoot remaster and the new Tony Hawk remaster. They've done fantastic work, and not only what they've shown but what they've said shows they know what they're doing.

There's a reason that PoE was literally made as a spiritual successor to the old D2. Add in brand new 3d graphics, some QoL changes and bring to current year, and yes it's going to be huge.

You're about to watch a remaster sell more and have more players then PoE ever has, ever. I love poe to death and I'm not saying D2R is better in every way, but yes this is going to be huge, mark my words.

Having an offline mode will make it an INSTANT BUY from me (I'm a sucker for nostalgic reasons, sue me), and it's improvements already make me consider buying the "epic" edition of both D2R and D3 for a "measly" 59.99$ which is a "supporter" pack cost upfront, then no other "investment" required...

Sadly D3 doesn't have offline mode, or it would get even more attention from me, as PoE gets TOO STALE and BORING these days (for league content mainly, the current Echoes of the Atlas improvements to endgame were direly needed)...

It will be "huge", even if it lights a FIRE under sloppy TencentGGG's @$$, and makes them actually release their game in a "decent" state - since Heist and Ritual were legit BROKEN from a technical performance viewpoint for the first few weeks AT MINIMUM...

If D2R WORKS AS INTENDED FROM THE START, it will be EPIC!!!
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
123YD wrote:
ive never played it although i do remember that game being very popular when i was little. might give it a try

its a great game and kinda the reason the genre is here, it also holds up very well gameplay wise its just outdated, the remaster is gonna be well worth a play.

Unless they do league content every 3 months (they won't) it aint taking away PoE though lol but i imagine a very large number of us will be playing it.
What's up with the black and white thinking.
Play both games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info