Massive RIP to PoE.

"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
YourFather wrote:
Imagine comparing the price of OPTIONAL MTX and a reskin of a 20 year old game. The nerve of some people...

Hope you enjoy those 4k baal and mephisto runs for thousands of hours. I know I won't. Enjoyed them already and not looking forward to it again. I'd rather buy more supporter packs and support some real developers.

So much bitterness. $40 for a full reskin, 3D renderer, modern bnet integration plus a team that will continue working on it. How dare they.

the demand for this is huge. But feel free to beta test another new league for weeks if they launch at the same time

Oh yeah, D2R is optional. The original game still will exist.

Just like the original W3 still exists, right?
Modern bnet integration... WOW
3D renderer... MUCH WOW
FuLl ReSkIN!!?!? VERY WOW
Team that will continue working on it? 1 guy to reset ladder every 3 to 4 months. Hope he gets some sleep in that tight schedule.

Such innovation, much pleasure, very 40 dollars.

Keep feeding that model. Keep preordering. D3 remaster next plis.
Apparently the word "fanboys" can get you censored, & consider detoriated to others. So I will now use "Passionate fans"

A while ago, I told a friend, most people are irrational. He was "shocked"!

To clarify, I said, People started become irrational when touching topics sensitive to them. They will believe everything they hear if it is something they like to hear, & disbelieve everything if it is NOT what they want to hear.

People will often start with a concluion, the conclusion they like of course, & work out arguments that support that conclusion, while ignoring any arguments against that conclusion.

Classic examples cna be seen here where poeple pretending to be unbias, or convinced themselves they are unbias, making the most "passionate" statements.

"Blizzard hasn't produce anything good for years look at Warcraft Reforged!" while ignoring Heartstone is still one of the post popular card game, WOW still one of the biggest MMO, & Overwatch one of the most played Hero shooter, all of which has better playerbase & twitch viewers than PoE..

You do not have to like them, thats another topic, but pretending Blizzard has been a failure for past 20 years?

Thats like saying Messi is a bad player, use argument that he cannot head well. You can dislike him ( I don't know why you would), but you can choose not to be rediculous.

Another is calling Blizzard greedy, while ignoring GGG sold themselves to Tencent, that allowed CCP to spy on people in their apps, & PoE has gambling aka lootboxes.

It is okay not to like D2R or have doubts, but the "passion" is showing for some people.

Also I find it funny, people attcking a game that PoE literally copy/pasta from.

I feel that many "passionate fans" are upset that D2R, a remaster of a 20 years old game, received more attention from Gamers than their favorite game.
Last edited by kiadaw on Feb 24, 2021, 5:40:47 AM
"
kiadaw wrote:

"Blizzard hasn't produce anything good for years look at Warcraft Reforged!" while ignoring Heartstone is still one of the post popular card game, WOW still one of the biggest MMO, & Overwatch one of the most played Hero shooter, all of which has better playerbase & twitch viewers than PoE.

And then there's Diablo 3, game of the same genre that has 313 viewers, while Path of Exile has 13 k viewers on Twitch. Diablo 3 has 15 k players online, while Path of Exile has 29 k on Steam alone.

I won't deny that World of Warcraft and Overwatch are good for what they are, but Hearthstone and Heroes of Storm are one of the unfriendliest free to play games I've seen, especially compared to their alternatives League of Legends and Runeterra which are a true example of f2p and where you don't feel obliged to open your wallet.

Here are the reasons I lost all trust in Blizzard:
- W3: Reforged - failed
- Diablo 3 - failed, no content added over the many years though they had every opportunity to do it, except for one dlc
- DoNt YoU hAvE PhOnEs?
- Blitzchung controversy
- Greedy practices in their f2p games - games are advertised as f2p, but actually creating miserable experience for f2p players to force them to open their wallets
- Lies: in Hearthstone they announced a new reward system and several times publicly promised that the new system will be more rewarding for every player no matter how much you play. But on the release quick math showed that you will get less, and you have to put EXTRA effort (more and harder daily quests). Which ended with a huge outrage from the community. They then tried to do damage control and said: 'OH, sorry we weren't clear enough with you. We meant that the new system will be more rewarding if you count in the seasonal events.' After another outrage they finally increased the rewards. I just left the game after playing for about 5 years because of this fiasco.

"
kiadaw wrote:
Another is calling Blizzard greedy, while ignoring GGG sold themselves to Tencent, that allowed CCP to spy on people in their apps, & PoE has gambling aka lootboxes.

Cosmetics are optional. Period. In Path of Exile you only need stash tabs to play comfortably. In Hearthstone which is advertised as a f2p game you have to drop 60 bucks four times a year, and even that is not enough to play any deck you like. Only whales who pay several hundreds per expansion can play whatever their heart desires.

Selling cosmetics is a fair system to get the profit out of your game. Selling in-game items that give you more power in game is a predatory practice.

I've spent around 60 bucks on PoE tabs, and I probably have more than 1000 hours. I think it's a pretty fair price.
Last edited by esostaks on Feb 24, 2021, 6:39:35 AM
"
kiadaw wrote:

"B"Blizzard hasn't produce anything good for years look at Warcraft Reforged!" while ignoring Heartstone is still one of the post popular card game, WOW still one of the biggest MMO, & Overwatch one of the most played Hero shooter, all of which has better playerbase & twitch viewers than PoE..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
for the tenth time, it doesnt matter how much you like or dislike blizzard, diablo, ggg, tencent or poe.

do you people honestly and sincerely believe d2r will not be a massive sales success? because it really boggles the mind.
"
esostaks wrote:

I won't deny that World of Warcraft and Overwatch are good for what they are, but Hearthstone and Heroes of Storm are one of the unfriendliest free to play games I've seen

I stopped reading right over here. What a bunch of bullcrap. Hearthstone must be the friendliest ftp game I've ever played, never sank a single dollar to it and it still allowed me to collect a considerable card collection, not to mention I don't even need a collection at all to enjoy Arena, which for me is still the favourite game mode of HS.
"
YourFather wrote:
D3 remaster next plis.

I would be unironically down with D3 with inferno difficulty and trade, no rmah bullshit.. for a couple days.

My feelings towards diablo franchise after being spoiled by poe are: no endgame = shit game
Second-class poe gamer
"
vmt80 wrote:
"
esostaks wrote:

I won't deny that World of Warcraft and Overwatch are good for what they are, but Hearthstone and Heroes of Storm are one of the unfriendliest free to play games I've seen

I stopped reading right over here. What a bunch of bullcrap. Hearthstone must be the friendliest ftp game I've ever played, never sank a single dollar to it and it still allowed me to collect a considerable card collection, not to mention I don't even need a collection at all to enjoy Arena, which for me is still the favourite game mode of HS.

just to add to this, because I played heroes of the storm for quite a while: it is lightyears away from being pay to win and can easily be played completely for free.
"
DoubleU wrote:
I was 30 when D2 came out, damn.

release
29 june 2000

young man i was 33 :P
"
pr13st wrote:
"
YourFather wrote:
D3 remaster next plis.

I would be unironically down with D3 with inferno difficulty and trade, no rmah bullshit.. for a couple days.

My feelings towards diablo franchise after being spoiled by poe are: no endgame = shit game

To be fair the itemization was not-so-bad at first. Still remember the trifecta rings, gloves, ammys. Fun times. 6% Mempo was 50+ euros when I sold it before quitting. Items had some meaning and excitement to them.

I have to agree with you. For a week to a month it would be decent fun. Unlike the joke that is D2R.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info