Massive RIP to PoE.

After seeing how Blizzard handled Warcraft III: Reforged I ain't expecting much from the Diablo II remaster. What we've seen will most likely not even be in the game on release, will get an apology saying they didn't add the new cinematics for some stupid reason, the quality we seen in what they've showed us will be dumbed down and it'll just be another tell me lies tale.

Anyone who thinks Blizzard learned from their mistakes imo are delusional. The company is dead imo, mostly just Activision now trying to profit by reviving old games by driving hype and not delivering.
Last edited by firenovix on Feb 23, 2021, 7:11:17 PM
If that's all it is, I wish VV could teach GGG how to "just put a filter on it."

Maybe they could teach them to texture stream while they're at it.
"
They LITERALLY said all they did was put a filter on it by merging it with the original game lol and they want it like that.

This is either a poor troll or the words of someone with zero technical knowledge.

It is not a "filter".

Anyway. D2 fans, and they are legion, just wanted a graphics overhaul with some QoL changes. We did not want some team to come in and recode everything from scratch as that means it would never play or feel the same. It would just be a shitty port. VV knocked this one out of the park.

If people don't like the price so be it. Millions of people will gladly pay it and be glad they did.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"
They LITERALLY said all they did was put a filter on it by merging it with the original game lol and they want it like that.

This is either a poor troll or the words of someone with zero technical knowledge.

It is not a "filter".

Anyway. D2 fans, and they are legion, just wanted a graphics overhaul with some QoL changes. We did not want some team to come in and recode everything from scratch as that means it would never play or feel the same. It would just be a shitty port. VV knocked this one out of the park.

If people don't like the price so be it. Millions of people will gladly pay it and be glad they did.

What it is a filter they created the base engine and applied to the original game itself that's it. That's what a filter is it's literally like photoshopping to make something pretty layer by layer. It's in there words

what the fuck LOL

Hence the animations are stiff hence everything literally looks the same but with a prettier outlook it's applied to the base engine itself; A filter.

LMAO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 24, 2021, 1:54:32 AM
"
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
"

It is not a "filter".

What it is a filter they created the base engine and applied to the original game itself that's it. That's what a filter is it's literally like photoshopping to make something pretty layer by layer. It's in there words

what the fuck LOL

Hence the animations are stiff hence everything literally looks the same but with a prettier outlook it's applied to the base engine itself; A filter.

LMAO

WTF people can like and want things you do don't LOL
OMG is that so hard to grasp LMAO
Yeah? You can like it all you want but don't go around thinking like it's a new generation god tier game for no reason HAHAHA please I can flex all my d2 ego here right here too thinking it was some god sent game when all you will be doing is mf'ing and doing baal runs or least in my case I carried a lot of ubers all day all night.

No new content
No new classes

Mods? PoD - Medxian XL same content same authors same mod and it's not even hard to do because It's USING the same base engine with given free access to the code.

So in other words ALL YOU'RE FUCKING DOING IS PLAYING A GOD DAM GAME WITH A PAINT JOB hell I'll play it yeah sure but it won't replace poe. If you truly can find a fucking game that can replace poe sign me up until then I'll dissect every single thing about that game until it is splattered.

Don't go randomly worshiping a game that you randomly think that can break poe when you do find that game tell me I'd like to play once more until then.

You're playing the same game 20 years ago with nothing new but a paint job.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 24, 2021, 2:17:21 AM
"
[

what the fuck LOL

LMAO

"Literally" does not mean what you obviously think it does...

Anyway, what happened to you? You used to make some intersting points and really contribute to discussions a few years back. Then something happened and it feels like your ugly and frustrated little sister took over your account. Nothing but scorn, unchecked emotions devoid of facts and insults from you since then. Please stop, you used to be a better contributor to this community. Now you're the poster child of what other games' communities think of the PoE one.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
I don't see what the problem here is. If it is true that the only thing different in the new D2 is "filtered graphic" then it definitely doesn't deserve the attention it receives. Facts
"
firenovix wrote:
After seeing how Blizzard handled Warcraft III: Reforged I ain't expecting much from the Diablo II remaster. What we've seen will most likely not even be in the game on release, will get an apology saying they didn't add the new cinematics for some stupid reason, the quality we seen in what they've showed us will be dumbed down and it'll just be another tell me lies tale.

Anyone who thinks Blizzard learned from their mistakes imo are delusional. The company is dead imo, mostly just Activision now trying to profit by reviving old games by driving hype and not delivering.

Exactly... i'm a huge Diablo fan, but this time i will wait and see what tehy really come up with.
I'm interested in the mod support - Path of Diablo, Meridian XL etc. are all great but they look like shit and there's nothing they can do about it working with the old engine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info