Censorship is on the rise @GGG-Tencent

"
Vulmio wrote:
Censorship is on the rise litteraly everywhere, welcome to 2021 !

Compared to when? There were blashemy laws on the books in USA until like 40 years ago. You went to jail for lots of speech in so-called land of the free speech. Not to mention talk shit get hit was normal back in the day. Now they'll suspend you from school and stuff if someone talk about you momma and you beat the shit outta him. Probably for best violence is way down compared to any time in history. No ore duels either anymore.

With rise of internet almost evryone has a platform to billions...dont know how much more free you can get than that
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2021, 4:03:20 PM
Meanwhile, I have a series of characters named

"Freon_Kong"
"Spinnie_the_Pooh"
"Tea_and_a_mint_square"

etc.

...whose names have gone unscathed. Hm.
There are a lot of people talking about authoritarianism but there won't be authoritarians once land no longer counts as a limited resource. I'm talking about space travel. People, the human race is within 100 years of going Star Trek. So calm down about China or whatever the else is got your pants on fire at the moment.
"
"
...Kop the God of Gamers write from a consistently self-centred point of view, can be hard to see the bigger picture. Or much of a picture at all, given one might be too focused on a self portrait.

That's it, I'm calling the Kop... oh wait.

♫ Whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they spam at you? ♫
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 24, 2021, 7:41:13 PM
"
BearCares wrote:
There are a lot of people talking about authoritarianism but there won't be authoritarians once land no longer counts as a limited resource. I'm talking about space travel. People, the human race is within 100 years of going Star Trek. So calm down about China or whatever the else is got your pants on fire at the moment.

Does human nature disappear in space?
"
BearCares wrote:

That would be awesome but we'll be lucky to get to Mars colony in 100 years based on this show i was watching unless we invent new physics. Next star system is out of the question. It's 83,000 years away with fastest rocket we have with zero payload.

Closest anyone posting here will get to space is seeing Orion Nebula or Mars on a clear night.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2021, 9:33:58 PM
"
innervation wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

Does human nature disappear in space?

It's not just human nature but most if not all animals fight over scarcity of resources. But what happens when resources become infinite? There are asteroids in space the size of Texas that are made out of solid gold. I wonder what that's going to do to people's willingness to fight or die over gold chains or coins or whatever. People would wipe their asses with gold in space! It's what we do on earth that's really weird.
"
BearCares wrote:

It's not just human nature but most if not all animals fight over scarcity of resources. But what happens when resources become infinite? There are asteroids in space the size of Texas that are made out of solid gold. I wonder what that's going to do to people's willingness to fight or die over gold chains or coins or whatever. People would wipe their asses with gold in space! It's what we do on earth that's really weird.

Bad ideas can't survive without censorship.

We have and always will have a neverending supply of bad ideas.

There will always be censorship.
Your attitude toward what you are calling 'censorship' makes it seem like you are assuming that human beings have the right to express their ideas to begin with. Which they do not. The power to express your ideas has to be earned and sustained. And Tencent has more ownership of this space than you or me so their ideas or lack of ideas are going to have priority here. Just like if I hop in your car and try to change the music. You're going to 'censor' my musical tastes even if everyone else in the car agrees with me that Taylor Swift is 100% better than any of the trash that you normally like to listen to.

It's not about good vs bad ideas when it comes to censorship. It's about creating a culture and protecting it. The same way if you right a computer program you don't let random people throw their code in, you tell them that the code has to be written in a certain format toward a certain end and if they don't want to go along with it they can just hit the road.

That doesn't mean the program you are protecting is a bad idea. It might be the best idea. But you'd never get to know that unless you excluded some people. And the program would almost certainly implode if you didn't exclude people. My point being that censorship is a force of nature. It's not a corporate or governmental conspiracy whose purpose is to protect bad ideas.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 25, 2021, 12:01:07 AM
The logical inconsistency of your last three posts is staggering. I think I'm gonna back away slowly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info