Censorship is on the rise @GGG-Tencent

Think this thread counts as feedback too, but mods are keeping it here just to spite him lol
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Their forum... not yours. You can't censor your own forum. I'm surprised that they're still allowing you to post your nonsense.

Of course. Self-censorship happens all the time.
Moreover, if THEY deleted Kopogero's posts, that would indeed be censorship at least from the POV of Kopogero, because it is not his forum and he didn't delete his own posts.

However, there's no censorship here (in this case).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Spoiler
"
Kopogero wrote:

Charan, how are you doing buddy?

+1
100% absolutely agree. I myself was thinking this myself earlier.
"
"

Charan, how are you doing buddy?

+1
100% absolutely agree. I myself was thinking this myself earlier.

Doing okay! Playing lots of GW2 with the GF and some close friends -- there was an Xmas sale for the expansions at some utterly ludicrous price (like $15 for both of them) and I've been reminded, almost constantly, what genuinely good, user-friendly game design looks and feels like. Interactions with other players are interesting and entertaining (or at least devoid of conflict, given the game's designed to encourage effortless group play), trading is a snap, crafting a nice distraction, and my God there's a lot of lore, especially for an old GW1 junkie like me. Oh, and the mounts are awesome. So far I'd say we've put in oh, $100 between the two of us for a little QoL and some shinies. I've a ways to go until getting even close to my average monthly spend on PoE. ;)

Finally got into Monster Hunter World. Tried it solo back when it came out and it just didn't click. But as a weekly gaming session, it's got the chops to keep us going. The single player/multiplayer aspects don't always play well together (fine, it's super fucking clunky) and the UI is haunted by years of antiquated design, but once you're actually out in the wild working together to take down a big beastie, it all comes together.

In other encouraging news, Covid-19 vaccines are rolling out here in Australia today, with appropriate priority given to the elderly and essential workers, but I'm hopeful to get mine probably in the next few months. I'm immunosuppressed and blessed/cursed with robust friends and family who mean well but don't quite get my...hesitation to hang out these days, so I look forward to rejoining them in being the socially awkward part of their lives in a more immediate sense.

My dad is dropping off a bunch of Chinese ingredients and dumplings in a few hours, which should keep me busy in the kitchen for a while. Discovered recently that while the slow cooker is super convenient, it's actually more work than just chucking a bunch of shit in and waiting 8 hours. Chuck the wrong shit in and you just get watery, disappointing chili. Conversely, a can of tuna and some leftover pasta with some mayo, the right spices, and vegetables can make for a fucking amazing 5 minute lunch. Cooking is weird.

Oh, and I'm genuinely looking forward to that Mortal Kombat movie. It's directed by an Aussie superfan, made and shot here, but with some seasoned genre actors and a decent budget. The trailer didn't really rock my world but for the last five seconds, at which point I was like 'holy shit, this is MY Mortal Kombat!' I'm not expecting Pitch Black, but I expect it'll be as entertaining as the first MK flick.

I wasn't blown away by the D2HD reveal/trailer but it makes me happy that some of my console-only friends will finally get to experience the greatest ARPG ever made, in hopefully a slick, unhampered fashion.

Oh, GF just emerged having fought off a migraine this weekend. Good a place as any to sign off.

So yeah, 'Charan' is doing pretty good. Cheers. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 20, 2021, 6:23:16 PM
Moving feedback threads to the feedback forum is indeed, the most egregious of cancel culture.
Украина в моём сердце
moving to proper forum is not censorship. We had censorship in OT like politics is off limits but like my dad used to say when I lived at home...my house my rules. It's GGG's house their rules and that include moving threads.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 20, 2021, 8:58:01 PM
Why is it so common for people to misuse their and they're?! You're and your? Jesus Christ.
"
moedexter wrote:
Why is it so common for people to misuse their and they're?! You're and your? Jesus Christ.

Funniest part is that its mostly native english speakers that do that.
Everything which is NOT praising the game and staff is ,,Needlesly negative comment"

The same way the Chinese government is bending the facts on beating and killing thousands in Hong Kong.

But hey Tencent owns GGG so.. Its slowly ,but surely becoming the same.
"Everything which is NOT praising the game and staff is ,,Needlesly negative comment"

That goes too far, but it's a fair question: what is needlessly negative?

'I don't like X'
'X is bad'
'X is terrible'
'X is the worst thing ever made'

AND is it prone to abuse when that line, wherever it is, is uncodified, shifting, and enforced by humans on humans (bias prone)?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a dangerous way to make friends and forge alliances.
Last edited by innervation on Feb 22, 2021, 2:01:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info