Censorship is on the rise @GGG-Tencent

I had eggs & bacon for breakfast.
Good start. I'm doing Cheerios.
"
Kopogero wrote:
I dislike anyone who starts "choosing" for me because that is indeed an excessive moderation

So mods should in forums, in general, never be allowed to move posts between sub-forums, because that would be "excessive moderation"?

That's an... interesting stance.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I enjoyed this thread.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
The forums aren't a democracy. They can do what they want.

Don't like it, you can leave.
Imagine a world in which every post you wrote had its content changed (not for rules violations but actually changed the subject matter and opinion of your post) and every thread you made also got moved, not due to it being in the wrong forum, but because a moderator doesn't like you.

Despite the fact that 'hurr durr its codified and legalized' and 'its just a forum bruh, low stakes, just chill' I would still call that censorship.

Now, OP didn't demonstrate that this is happening, and his first post is pretty much devoid of good points. But there is a good point in his second post - go read the Harvest threads on the first few pages of GD and compare them with the ones in Feedback and Discussion and you figure out what kind of objective criteria exist for moving threads. There doesn't appear to be any, so you can see why someone might reach this conclusion.

You can also find back-and-forths where some get their posts edited / put on probation, and others don't for the same alleged rules violations. If and when moderation becomes emotional instead of rules-based, there would be nothing left to call it but censorship.
"
innervation wrote:
Imagine a world in which every post you wrote had its content changed (not for rules violations but actually changed the subject matter and opinion of your post) and every thread you made also got moved, not due to it being in the wrong forum, but because a moderator doesn't like you.

Despite the fact that 'hurr durr its codified and legalized' and 'its just a forum bruh, low stakes, just chill' I would still call that censorship.

Now, OP didn't demonstrate that this is happening, and his first post is pretty much devoid of good points. But there is a good point in his second post - go read the Harvest threads on the first few pages of GD and compare them with the ones in Feedback and Discussion and you figure out what kind of objective criteria exist for moving threads. There doesn't appear to be any, so you can see why someone might reach this conclusion.

You can also find back-and-forths where some get their posts edited / put on probation, and others don't for the same alleged rules violations. If and when moderation becomes emotional instead of rules-based, there would be nothing left to call it but censorship.

Nothing he complains about has to do with the general public. It's all him him him him him. One of his most recent thread's titles is "If anyone "loves" this game the most, it's me..." - enough said
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
here

https://www.britannica.com/topic/censorship

now you can learn new word and the meaning of it.

You are welcome
it's really fucking not, they have always had the same policy and twats keep getting themselves muted, deleted and even probated...the levels at which this has been happening has risen but that isn't because something at GGG has changed, it's because the number of idiots posting and have went full r-tard has increased.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 19, 2021, 11:56:23 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Their forum... not yours. You can't censor your own forum. I'm surprised that they're still allowing you to post your nonsense.

Good point! Your social credit just raised! Yeeey (づ。◕__◕。)づ
Your post in the 'X' thread has been removed for breaching the following clauses of the Code of Conduct:

● Needlessly negative
● Antagonistic

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info