[3.16 Updated Check Witch Forum]N1 Dominating Blow Life 9 Auras

"
thoughts on the new Absolution skill?

Actually I´m working on something with it. Had the plan for a long time to have the character make damage NEXT to the minions, and I think Absolution might be an option for that.

The current plan is to use phys to lightning support to convert all damage to lightning damage, using the classic generic minion tree but adding spiritual aid so it affects us as well for only 2 more passive points and using desintegrator as a weapon to have incredibly high phys-base damage that gets converted to spell damage via battlemage. Template is done, just need the gems to go into pob so I can actually test it :D
"
Vennto wrote:
"

Actually I´m working on something with it. Had the plan for a long time to have the character make damage NEXT to the minions, and I think Absolution might be an option for that.

The current plan is to use phys to lightning support to convert all damage to lightning damage, using the classic generic minion tree but adding spiritual aid so it affects us as well for only 2 more passive points and using desintegrator as a weapon to have incredibly high phys-base damage that gets converted to spell damage via battlemage. Template is done, just need the gems to go into pob so I can actually test it :D

Losing fortify hurts a little...
"
SpaxXii wrote:
"
Vennto wrote:
"

Losing fortify hurts a little...

i've cooked up a little something in preparation of absolution:
https://pastebin.com/2qaDtdSV

most notable changes:
* less auras: because i put HoP into a crest of desire, it's not necessary to get as much reduced reservation and thus i can't take as many auras
* elemental ailment immunity: if GGG doesn't change militant faith, one can hopefully quite reliably roll one to get "cloistered", combined with consecrated ground from a crusader body armour that's basically elemental ailment immunity
* more dmg because of spectres: since i freed up the shield slot i've decided to go for spectres. they provide nice dmg (charges) and reduce my dmg taken with jinxed juju
* elemental dmg instead of phys: since absolution already converts i went all in on ele and equipped a 4B triad, additionally going hatred now with a fire skill in malachai's artifice

still available:
* fortify in a pseudo 5L dominating blow setup
* 75/75 block with glancing blows (no flasks needed
* overcapped resistances
* 100% reduced effect of curses on you
* buttload of dps
Last edited by banang on Jul 18, 2021, 3:22:33 PM
There is tons of potential with Absolution but we gotta see how it scales first when they provide more details about the gems.
For the momment personally i think Dominating Blow does not fit in my build and i find its playstyle rather slow.
Predator is a must on a Dominating Build so you must fit it somewhere. Its awkward playing without Predator from my experience
Last edited by quodlike on Jul 19, 2021, 3:13:36 AM
If you want to get fancy you could have both Dominating blow and Absolution together, and use Battlemage's cry to make DB trigger Absolution :)

"
quodlike wrote:
There is tons of potential with Absolution but we gotta see how it scales first when they provide more details about the gems.
For the momment personally i think Dominating Blow does not fit in my build and i find its playstyle rather slow.
Predator is a must on a Dominating Build so you must fit it somewhere. Its awkward playing without Predator from my experience

is predator to activate bastion of hope's 10% spell block? or is it really necessary for the "feel" of mapping and playing?
"
banang wrote:
"
quodlike wrote:

is predator to activate bastion of hope's 10% spell block? or is it really necessary for the "feel" of mapping and playing?

Bastion of Hope plus they give 25% More dmg on our Signal Prey target if you add the other extra 25% more and 10% extra minion damage its an insane gem for Bosses.

It also feels good targeting anything you want since Signal Pray has instant cast . Mine is on 0.62 CD time cause i got extra CD recovery on belt and boots
No one using behead ( new gem ) with dominating blow? sounds like it will be awesome
"
Camaron wrote:
No one using behead ( new gem ) with dominating blow? sounds like it will be awesome

Behead and Defiance banner are on my first list
i get defiance banner, if it's up it'll be a very nice defensive layer.

behead seems underwhelming. how often does the character get the killing blow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info