[3.16 Updated Check Witch Forum]N1 Dominating Blow Life 9 Auras

I've been trying to work out some changes to get the damage back up to previous levels as well, at the expense of some tankiness since max block will make the build much more survivable.

Some options:
Enfeeble->Punishment (~26% more damage, still 10% less monster damage)
Open gem slots allowing divergent flesh offering (40% IAS, 21% more damage)
If you're feeling brave: fortify->impale/minion damage support (~11% more damage)

If my quick calculations are correct, those changes alone will bring it most of the way back to the original damage numbers while (maybe) being just as tanky from true max block.
"
SplicerX wrote:
I've been trying to work out some changes to get the damage back up to previous levels as well, at the expense of some tankiness since max block will make the build much more survivable.

Some options:
Enfeeble->Punishment (~26% more damage, still 10% less monster damage)
Open gem slots allowing divergent flesh offering (40% IAS, 21% more damage)
If you're feeling brave: fortify->impale/minion damage support (~11% more damage)

If my quick calculations are correct, those changes alone will bring it most of the way back to the original damage numbers while (maybe) being just as tanky from true max block.

Can I ask you to kindly share a pob with what you've made?

I'm playing a bit with PoB from the original post, and unfortunately I'm able to reach something around 10m sDPS even with all awakened gems as max ...
All the stuff I've been toying with isn't PoB at the moment. I have no idea how to calculate minion DPS and I'm basing it off of OP's calculation. The changes I'm suggesting are very straightforward though::

Fortify->minion damage: (140-120)/120=16.6% more

Flesh offering, current attack speed is 190%: (40/190)=21.05% more

Punishment is trickier, but:
88%/half up time=44% average
Current increased damage taken from vuln is 37.2%+20% from other sources=157.2%
44/157.2=27.9% more damage

Those changes multiplied together are 80% more damage. OP claims his damage went from 40->20m. If that is correct, these changes should take it from 20->36.1.

Note these are on regular mobs. Bosses won't gain as much from punishment, so Sirus/Maven would be closer to 50-60% more.

Keep in mind that going Glancing Blow to true max block nearly triples EHP and added sockets allow Vaal Molten shell, so dropping some defense should be fine.
"
SplicerX wrote:
All the stuff I've been toying with isn't PoB at the moment. I have no idea how to calculate minion DPS and I'm basing it off of OP's calculation. The changes I'm suggesting are very straightforward though::

Those changes multiplied together are 80% more damage. OP claims his damage went from 40->20m. If that is correct, these changes should take it from 20->36.1.

Note these are on regular mobs. Bosses won't gain as much from punishment, so Sirus/Maven would be closer to 50-60% more.

Keep in mind that going Glancing Blow to true max block nearly triples EHP and added sockets allow Vaal Molten shell, so dropping some defense should be fine.

Thank you for the feedback!

Can you explain in advance please what do you mean by "true" block with GB?
"
"
SplicerX wrote:

Thank you for the feedback!

Can you explain in advance please what do you mean by "true" block with GB?

I mean going from Glancing Blows to true max block. If you are at 75 w/ GB, the math is:
25% of hits land
75% of hits block and are reduced by 35%
So total damage is 25+(75*.65)=73.75% of damage is taken

Max block without GB is just 75% of damage goes to 0, so 25% of total damage taken.

75% attack block is pretty easy with this build without giving up nearly anything. Spell block will require some investment though.
Last edited by SplicerX on Oct 11, 2021, 3:42:20 PM
Can we expect to have an updated pob for 3.16 ?
"
Can we expect to have an updated pob for 3.16 ?

We can take the build to insane new heights of defensive mechanics with the new Belt

The new Masteries are goddamn awful for minions plus the build was already tight with passive nodes. Our classic Thread of Hope jewel is now irrelevant so we can drop all these passives now unless you want to take the spell block

Got a very unrealistic project with the build but it that will take me time to complete

Gonna update my thought soon what am going to go for
Dont know exactly if with the recent Aura changes everything gonna be better or worst

In any case gonna start with DB once again :D and see how things works

Will the 3.16 version only be up during the 1st week of the season? or before league start? super excited to see your updated version
we need 3.16 PoB brooooooo ♥️
Hey guys i got a long project for the build but it will take time to complete unfortunately i cant give you pastebin cause i dont know how good it will work in the end.Most probably i will make changes while i progress since the League has some pretty huge changes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info