Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

Sorry BUT NO

"
While it's acceptable for assets to briefly be drawn with blurry-textures during gameplay when they first appear (and is far better than a stall, drawing nothing, or drawing pure blackness)

This was never a damn problem. People with old PC hardware and an old dirtcheap Samsung EVO Sata SSD never had a problem!

GGG messed up the Game EXPERIENCE for all PC users in hope to "cater" to the 10 year old Hardware PC users.

All of this new nonsense made the game FAR WORSE. And there is no damn point to justify that.

These changes need to be reverted ASAP.

I wanted to build a new enthusiast PC as mainly PoE player.

That doesnt even make sense now, because the most powerfull Rigs, also have bad performance at that point.

So congrats: For a mourning 10% playerbase, wich seem can't afford a damn cheap SSD for 40 Dollars or even less,you messed up the game for ALL of us.

And my 4770k CPU and old GPU are by no means a new hardware
Last edited by xX999Xx on Jan 28, 2021, 5:02:28 AM
sorry chris, but your implementation of this feature is not working well. it is horrible right now to play POE.
"
SuperDrop wrote:
Will poe 2 have same engine game uses currently ?

Sorry to disappoint you, but its a 100%...
Please address all the crashes with Vulkan! It’s a joke at this point. If there’s anything that will make the game more playable on older hardware it’s Vulkan. But it’s so unstable right now that using it is not an option for setups that would actually notice a big difference.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Jan 28, 2021, 5:22:26 AM
The bottom line is that you have successfully fixed a non-existent problem. Well done!

The game is much worse than before. Until 3.12 I had no problems, but now this blurry screen makes me want to quit.
Im running Ryzen 7 4800H with GeForce GTX 1660ti on laptop. This should be more then enough to run the game smooth.

Please fix the blurry screen ASAP.
It doesn't help chris. The game is unplayable as i can no longer see artifacts or active graphics. Transparancy is one thing. providing options for issues is another. there are, usually, more than one way to solve issues. I have never been involved in anything that implements somethin that was worst than the thing it was to replace barring where I work. They make lots of discission based on the lack of budget and the force that someone within the company will make it better by patching the shitty framework they signed off on without testign to see if it actually does what they wantit to do. I can't say i'm happy. I ask for you to roll it back so i coudl enjoy some of the cash i so recently pu tinto playing to my enjoyment but i find the request is pretty unlikely. Thanks for the patch hopefully it will be dealt with better in future. btu who know i probably won't be ther eto see it.
GGG, MAKE AN OPTION TO DISABLE THIS NEW TEXTURE STREAMING THING!
You made it even worse than before!
"
xX999Xx wrote:
"
SuperDrop wrote:
Will poe 2 have same engine game uses currently ?

Sorry to disappoint you, but its a 100%...

Guys, learn what a game engine is. Writing a new engine will not solve anything. Updating and rewriting parts of the existing engine makes much more sense. The problem is implementation of new features. New features lack proper testing and bug fixing before they are published.
PoE nows crash every 2 or 3 minutes, even idling in my HO. Thanks ggg.
Long time ago when game loads very long and then everything looks fine and game dont stutter, just revert back to this state, now everyone have ssd or nvme and everything will be ok and bring back --waitforpreload command.
Every game have his own loading times and you cannot go further with loading speed !!!!!!!!!
Last edited by greezly2 on Jan 28, 2021, 5:48:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info