Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

I noted it happening against the black squares we used to get and quite like it.

Thanks
X
Most of the stutter in PoE comes from the sound engine though.

Disabling sound in production_config.ini leads to a 30% frame improvement, and this isn't exactly something new, and it is something that should have been dealt with a long time ago.
Has anyone else noticed how after a Steam update MsMpEng.exe (Windows Defender Antivirus) reads the contents of many .bin and .ogg files? So when someone starts the game right after the patch the loading times are that much worse because of the disk being busy for several minutes. I suppose this can only be noticed on a HDD.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
So it doesn't actually work, makes the players more annoyed and sucks all around but you are sticking to it anyway.

This is stupid and being on a loading screen longer is much better than blob town with invisible people and flashes of entire screens of blobs as you enter.

Maybe its time your parent Tencent interfered frankly.
PoE 2 Poggers
"
Hikashuri wrote:
Most of the stutter in PoE comes from the sound engine though.

Disabling sound in production_config.ini leads to a 30% frame improvement, and this isn't exactly something new, and it is something that should have been dealt with a long time ago.

It is very much build by build problem

Played ED last league - no problem with sound stutter
Playing BFBB this league - not only the sound assets were annoying, but due to the amount of overlapping sounds assets, it did lead to significant fps gain.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Still experiencing heavy fps drops that wasnt there before 3.13. Game was performing normal the first few days before you implemented the new 'feature' but after that it's been horrendous.Played every league all the way though since 2013 so this will be a first. Sad because I really enjoyed the mechanics of Ritual.
IGN: QSTNMRK
Last edited by HaxzoR on Jan 28, 2021, 5:03:48 AM
After the update, game was better at loading etc. Thanks Chris and the team for the hard work.
I have a high-end pc and it was interesting that I cannot use the directx renderer method without sutter, but vulkan works fine.

Now it is super with the directx renderer as well. I love your development and deploy method. They are user-friendly, and with a quick fix they are reliable. And I also love your experiments for poe's improvement and better gaming experience.

Keep up the good work and thank you!
So that's why i getting every fifth map no enough of memory error and crash...(I have 16 G ram and when running PoE like 6 more free)
I would rater take black assets than rip portal / rip lab / rip heist ...
Compromise make params for PoE to allocate more ram and load all the things ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info