Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

Could you please not unload all textures in the map I was running if I have to pop quickly to hideout to unload stuff? There's no reason to unload active assets ever if you're not hitting memory limits.

Let us tell the client that I have enough RAM to store the whole client there if need be and don't force me to reload everything every single re-zone.
Speaking about graphics... can you guys get rid of these strange shadows of falling down ice parts when you play with The Whispering Ice. They look odd and in some places, especially sunny ones, it's very annoying and distracting.

Cheers!
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
To be honest, for me at least, game works way, way, WAY worse than in heist.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
why just not keep me in loading screen for 2 more seconds?

Already takes like 8 seconds to load town 15 seconds to load lager harbour even on an ssd each map is like 5+ seconds sometimes more

Even after all this loading it has to LOAD the textures of everything again for some reason...
It's quite disappointing you open this maniphesto in such a condescending matter, stating that the problem is basically the players' lack of understanding of this marvelous new tech, instead of acknowledging that, for the 10th league in a row, you botched the implementation of a game improvement.

We perfectly understood what the aim of texture streaming was and nobody doubted the good intentions behind it. And even if players didn't understand, it's 100% irrelevant. What's relevant is how the game behaves after you've introduced this "improvement".
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
A year ago I bough a good PC specifically to play PoE not as pleb. PC was good, I had almost no prbolems (except double beyond harbingers on delirium) and dynamic resolution saved the situation.

Now it doesn't matter if my PC is good - it still looks like I'm on potato.
Looks like devs run out of ideas how else they can boost the engine to provide better performance, and started borderline experimenting.

I guess they`ll come up with something eventually.
we are sitting in a lockdown bored out of our minds and you are experimenting at that time, ruining the full game for many of us, MONSTERS DONT EVEN LOAD [Removed by Support], never been so dissapointed in GGG before, not even giving the old tech as an option for us that have this problem. and trust me MANY people have it
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Jan 28, 2021, 3:33:50 AM
I dont mind the texture streaming as it doesnt impact my gameplay much. What really makes the game unplayable for me is the lag. Its like half the animations stop for half a sec several times over. Never experienced this type of lag before Echoes of the Atlas. Classic desync feels different.

Its really weird because I start seeing tearing as well eventhough I have gsync enabled. Im scared that its my monitor giving up but I havent seen anything similar in other games.

Found a youtube video that shows the exact problem I have. Search for "Path of Exile - Lag spikes" by Atagi Kawa.

I do wonder if it has something to do with AMD CPUs? I built my first PC a week ago and the lag started after that. Maybe should have stuck with intel because I know those are reliable.
Safe to say, i do not register better performance pre and post texture streaming. Seems same old same old.

But I do not also consider the current drawbacks to be critical. Occasional white square when I flame dash, delve map being blurry, smudges after zoning in, everything seems all right in a long run

What I noticed is since Vulkan introduction (basically forceful switch because of overall fps stability compared to DX) , there are some weir behavior of layers on top of layers, like breach or delirium, causing blank frames even if I do not flame dash. like if Shader stops registering for a frame or two, then back to original. I expect this to be caused by something specific on my system, like shitty vsync, gsync or just some background proces.
It's like the sudden flash of square pop up but fulls creen, like when you mouseover a map in atlas pop pop and gone.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info