How Patch Notes Get Made

Interesting post, thanks o/. Doesn't look like a nightmare to do, at all 😱.
"
For the uninitiated,
TLDR:
Identify meta, then totally destroy it beyond all reason, and far beyond any common sense. If it collaterally destroys a multitude of other builds in the process, then oh well.......

Patch notes, more commonly known as the nerf notes.
LUL Stank Pug Chump Puggers ................... Soooo WEAK, soooo very weak LUL
Ouch
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Not gonna lie, that sounds horrible.
Thank you for putting up with that!

You people should REALLY find a way to ease the creation of patch notes. It's always such a substantial part for any new league after all and it will keep happening for the foreseeable future.

"
For example, if I try to spawn the Vulnerability curse gem, I will get the Despair curse gem.

So you CAN spawn stuff somehow? Can you please try to spawn me an alteration orb and actually get me a mirror of kalandra pls? :P
Redmine + SVN
the same bundle, build patch notes from this is a pain
Good luck
I know, backseat developers and all that, but hoo boy, does this all look TERRIBLE from productivity standpoint.

I get it, making changes to a working workflow is hard, but this here is just so needlessly complicated and can totally be avoided.

Hope you guys would find a way to streamline your processes, to make your lives easier and therefore the game better.
"
This is not helped by the fact that what many things are called in-game are not what they're called in our game files, and sometimes there are things in our game files that have the name of other things in-game.

This made me laugh and cry at the same time.
Wow, I didn't think there was so much work involved, but now that I've read through this, of course there is! Thanks for doing it :) Patch notes day is one of my favourite days of the year and I appreciate you guys putting so much work into getting it done!
Cool read :)
Funny, that all commits in the screenshot are Audio/Visual or UI tweaks

BTW How many commits are multiple things like "Icons added" then another "Icons moved (wrong folder)"?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info