How Patch Notes Get Made

Man, it would suck if things in files were named differently than things in game. That would never fly at my work. It seems like it would be valuable for someone to standardize them. Though it would be a real dragon guarding gold scenario.
As a full stack developer, never knew the patch notes writing can consume such hours :O
Oh btw, my software patch notes are inspired with all the wording inside POE patch notes. Makes me easily to highlight changes and give more detailed explanation.

Thanks for that :)
That was a fun and interesting read. I just want to let you know that, as someone who enjoys reading patch notes in general and PoE patch notes in particular, I greatly appreciate your work.

Seriously though, reading patch notes for games I play or used to play is one of my favourite pastimes. And PoE notes are some of the most fun and interesting I've read thus far.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
This was actually really fun to read. Thanks Nick(?) for this post and all your team for the wonderful work you put into this game.
Last edited by osiristheone on Dec 28, 2020, 11:55:44 PM
enfeebled IRL?

F
"
Before we can publish out patch notes, they need to be formatted.

A typo in the first sentence after the paragraph about fixing typos. RIP.

These posts about the inner workings of developing PoE are really interesting, though. Keep them coming, please!
Last edited by theAgamer11 on Dec 29, 2020, 12:26:57 AM
Good stuff Nick :)

BTW, I will be reading the next Patch Notes in the voice of Gianna who told me that she put the cat in the microwave.....well at least that is what I thought I heard her say ;)
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
I'll take things no one cares about for $500, Alex
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"I will write silly jokes into patch notes to keep myself amused."
"This is a Buff" is no longer a joke. It's our reality.

Also, any idea when Community Director January12PST is going to start dancing like a monkey on Reddit? My holiday break is crippling me with intense boredom and PoE withdrawal symptoms.
Last edited by XNtrysyti on Dec 29, 2020, 12:52:49 AM
There it is again with the Mexican food joke. Sick of this offensive stereotype. You could have just said "food". For as PC as GGG pretends to be they don't even proofread this stuff to capitalize a country. Yet they time me out for some of the things I call them out on... nice, guys.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info