[3.16]Physical Conversion Bowyer | Barrage + IS/LA/TS | PF/Deadeye | All content

"
LemonInc wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for sharing this build. Clearing and bosses feel okay, but I do feel a bit squishy. Any guidance on what to upgrade and focus currency on next?

https://pastebin.com/2rXbHFVJ

Thank you!

For upgrades, there are several things you can do.

1. Get a hrimsorrow with crit implicit, they are very cheap. You might be able to find a double implicit one too.

2. Try to get more res on Helm, and see if you can upgrade your belt/boots while still capping your res. Find a belt with higher life and ele damage with attacks, and see if you can find tailwind/elusive boots within your budget.

3. Get one more large cluster so you get 1 extra jewel slot, try to get better jewels with life + at least 2 dps mods.

You can check my updates on 3.14 sample gear for low/medium budget to get additional upgrade ideas.

I will have to say that all tornado shot/ice shot builds are always squishy by nature, only useful thing to do is to stack more life as you could without compromising your dps. However when you get higher dps, you will clear faster which effectively make you safer. Although occasional one shot is inevitable.
Lazy, I finish my farm and I take a HH to make some 5-way carrys. How can I change a tree to use 3IL and carry safetly?
"
Lazy, I finish my farm and I take a HH to make some 5-way carrys. How can I change a tree to use 3IL and carry safetly?

I've never run 5 way carry myself so my understanding might not be 100% correct. But here are my suggestions:

1. Ofc you will first need to allocate 4 notables around each jewel socket near dualist/ranger/assassin for IL, and you will need to give up some cluster, and/or blood siphon and assassination (depending on your set up).

2. Chin Sol is not a good bow for 5 way, since you will not be close to the enemies. You need either a good rare one, or Arborix (You need to disable Dash if you use Arborix so you always get the +2 arrow)

3. Change your helm into TS +1 proj or LA hit +2 target (LA is more popular for 5 way carry)

4. You would want Shadows and Dust gloves for rampage, and a +1 chain quiver would be good.

TBH deadeye would be better for 5 way due to extra proj and extra chain, and stronger tailwind. You can check those top 5 way builds on poe ninja to get some ideas.
Hello,

Thanks for your very detailed build, I'm having a blast playing it so far.

I tried to follow exactly your build within my budget and invested about 15 exalts into it but I can't quite reach even your medium budget pob dps (I'm at a mediocre 5.5M dps atm).

I'm only lvl 91 but I think I have most items you recommend after comparing my character to your pobs again and again and I'm confused about what to buy or upgrade next. I'm a rather casual exile but still have about 10 ex or so.

Could you help me with identifying my build's problems and give some advice about what to do next?

Thanks a lot !

https://pastebin.com/bqAvMbgg
"
Skahazadhan wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your very detailed build, I'm having a blast playing it so far.

I tried to follow exactly your build within my budget and invested about 15 exalts into it but I can't quite reach even your medium budget pob dps (I'm at a mediocre 5.5M dps atm).

I'm only lvl 91 but I think I have most items you recommend after comparing my character to your pobs again and again and I'm confused about what to buy or upgrade next. I'm a rather casual exile but still have about 10 ex or so.

Could you help me with identifying my build's problems and give some advice about what to do next?

Thanks a lot !

https://pastebin.com/bqAvMbgg

Hi, glad that you like the build!

I had a quick look at your PoB, and one important suggestion I have is that rare dps jewels are very important to the build. You would want to lvl up a bit more, and grab all the jewel sockets on your clusters, and also get some good 3 mod dps jewels (they might get expensive though, need some patience to search on market).

Other upgrades you could make includes:

1. One of your cluster only got 2 useful notables, can change into a 3 notable one to save 1 point.

2. Get a better rolled mark of the elder and use attack catalyst, and maybe a better rolled Chin Sol if you happen to see one cheap on market. Those uniques should not be expensive.

3. 20q your gems, and can get awk version if you can afford.

4. Change your boots enchant into a better one as discussed in guide.

I would say to reach the ~10M dps as in the low/medium version PoB will require about 30ex investment, and the number can vary quite a lot depend on market, and also the time in a league. That's why I said this is an expensive build.

You are not far away though, in your PoB you are only using 3 dps flask. If you use 4 dps flask for bossing, and make some upgrades based on my suggestion, you should be able to reach close to 10M dps, also thats not inclusing void shot damage yet.

Hi, after about 2 years away from this game, I've come back recently to one of my old Pathfinders in standard league. Because Tornado Shot is one of my favorite skills, I wanted to play it again (played a Windripper deadeye to 100 before), but this time with some good bossing capabilities. So that's why I'm following your guide right now (well made by the way).

Currently I'm still working on getting my Awakener level up on my Atlas, so I haven't encountered any hard bosses yet. Currently sitting at just under 6.8M Sirus DPS with 4 DPS flasks. This is however without DPS rings or stygian vise. Also currently using a +2 TS enchant instead of barrage. I just prefer Ventor's, HH and that enchant for mapping right now. How much DPS would you recommend for doing Sirus, The Feared, Uber Elder etc comfortably?

For upgrades, I'm looking to mirror the Dragon Thunder bow in the long term, but I don't have enough exalts to pay the fee right now. In the more near term, I'm looking to upgrade the following:

0. Boot enchant (just too lazy to run lab)
1. DPS Rings + Belt. Will probably just swap to those when doing hard bosses. Also would have to figure out a way to cap resists again.
2. +1 Barrage Helmet. Have a couple lying around that just need to have some life, int and res crafted on them. Would also probably swap helmets between mapping and bossing.
3. Quiver. Not sure if I want to use a voidfletcher because I like to have some more life.
4. Boots with tailwind/elusive. Just need to find a way to get onslaught without losing too much resist.

Amulet seems like it has to be very expensive to beat Hyrri's. It looks like it pretty much has to have crit multi, phys gained as cold, life and good another damage mod to be a real upgrade because you would also lose HoI.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this, like which upgrades to prioritize and how much damage to aim for. Also kinda wondering if you'd recommend getting more chaos res.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/QTHrN1P1
Last edited by ArcaneLuke on Jun 6, 2021, 1:48:58 PM
"
ArcaneLuke wrote:
Hi, after about 2 years away from this game, I've come back recently to one of my old Pathfinders in standard league. Because Tornado Shot is one of my favorite skills, I wanted to play it again (played a Windripper deadeye to 100 before), but this time with some good bossing capabilities. So that's why I'm following your guide right now (well made by the way).

Currently I'm still working on getting my Awakener level up on my Atlas, so I haven't encountered any hard bosses yet. Currently sitting at just under 6.8M Sirus DPS with 4 DPS flasks. This is however without DPS rings or stygian vise. Also currently using a +2 TS enchant instead of barrage. I just prefer Ventor's, HH and that enchant for mapping right now. How much DPS would you recommend for doing Sirus, The Feared, Uber Elder etc comfortably?

For upgrades, I'm looking to mirror the Dragon Thunder bow in the long term, but I don't have enough exalts to pay the fee right now. In the more near term, I'm looking to upgrade the following:

0. Boot enchant (just too lazy to run lab)
1. DPS Rings + Belt. Will probably just swap to those when doing hard bosses. Also would have to figure out a way to cap resists again.
2. +1 Barrage Helmet. Have a couple lying around that just need to have some life, int and res crafted on them. Would also probably swap helmets between mapping and bossing.
3. Quiver. Not sure if I want to use a voidfletcher because I like to have some more life.
4. Boots with tailwind/elusive. Just need to find a way to get onslaught without losing too much resist.

Amulet seems like it has to be very expensive to beat Hyrri's. It looks like it pretty much has to have crit multi, phys gained as cold, life and good another damage mod to be a real upgrade because you would also lose HoI.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this, like which upgrades to prioritize and how much damage to aim for. Also kinda wondering if you'd recommend getting more chaos res.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/QTHrN1P1

Hey man, welcome back to the game!

For Sirus A8, as long as you know his mechanics, 10M dps will already be more than enough to kill him (you will still need to dodge his skills), and uber elder is easier than Sirus. For the Feared, ideally you would want a bit higher dps to burst them down quickly otherwise the fight can get messy. If you want to reach similar dps level as my GIF, you would need 30M+.

For upgrades, here are some quick suggestions:

1. Mirroring the bow will cost you almost 2 mir. I would recommend upgrading your other slots first (and get an intermediate bow first). I'm not sure what your total budget is, but if you have less than 2 mir in total to invest, I definitely wouldn't recommend mirroring the bow. See if you can pick up any 600+ pdps and +2 arrows Spine Bow for cheap, or you can follow my guide to craft one yourself

2. IMO, since you are playing standard, its not really worth using Ventors. Good rings will give huge dps boost, and well as higher life rolls. You could even get one with legacy 20% quant rolls although that would get expensive.

3. For quiver I really recommend getting voidfletcher since it will give you much more dps than your current one (check quiver section on how to estimate void shot dps). A voidfletcher with phys as extra cold can be very cheap on market. To out-dps that you would want a quiver with +1 arrow, t1 phys as extra cold and t1 multi, which would cost probably 200ex if you also want good life roll.

4. You can get onslaught on boots too by awk tailwind + redeemer onslaught on kill, or you can get that from t4 Aisling unveil along with 30MS. It's relatively easy to craft a decent pair of tailwind/elusive/onslaught boots. Or you could get a synthesis ring with onslaught on hit implicit, which means 100% onslaught up time.

5. I highly recommend upgrade to good rare culling gloves + 2 mod watcher's eye. That would give 100% convertion, a lot more dps and also extra life.

6. For helm you can even buy barrage +2 proj (probably can find one within 100ex) which is huge dps boost. And when you are not sure where to get res, you could just stack as much as you can on helm (it's easy to get 120+ res on helm)

For chaos res, personally I don't care about it in general. Also, since I don't really know your budget/preference I can only offer some general suggestions. If you would like to discuss more feel free to let me know.

Hey thanks for the detailed reply. Got Voidfletcher as you suggested and will try how it feels soon. Seems like at will indeed add quite a bit of damage.

"
1. Mirroring the bow will cost you almost 2 mir. I would recommend upgrading your other slots first (and get an intermediate bow first). I'm not sure what your total budget is, but if you have less than 2 mir in total to invest, I definitely wouldn't recommend mirroring the bow. See if you can pick up any 600+ pdps and +2 arrows Spine Bow for cheap, or you can follow my guide to craft one yourself

Yeah mirroring the bow is like the end goal for my char. I have a mirror that I'm reluctant to sell but that I would use for getting a mirrored item some day. I guess I could go for a 600+ pDPS with +2 arrow first, but it looks like that would already cost 300+ex and I'm not sure how much I should expect it to cost to craft (I also have no experience crafting).

"
4. You can get onslaught on boots too by awk tailwind + redeemer onslaught on kill, or you can get that from t4 Aisling unveil along with 30MS. It's relatively easy to craft a decent pair of tailwind/elusive/onslaught boots. Or you could get a synthesis ring with onslaught on hit implicit, which means 100% onslaught up time.

This is definitely something I'd like to try. Do you have an estimate of how much it could cost on average to craft with the method you describe in the boots section? I think it might also be hard to get the essences in standard though.

"
5. I highly recommend upgrade to good rare culling gloves + 2 mod watcher's eye. That would give 100% convertion, a lot more dps and also extra life.

I played around a bit with this in PoB and it looks like it would be very hard to beat Hrimsorrow with +crit corrupt. Checked with a conversion + precision multi watchers eye and a pair of conversion + culling gripped gloves. Total damage (including culling) was still lower than Hrimsorrow. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in the config, but like this it doesn't seem worth the 100+ex invest it'd take. With the conversion + cold pen hatred watcher's eye, the damage would be a little better, but that jewel is insanely expensive in standard (200+ex).

"
Also, since I don't really know your budget/preference I can only offer some general suggestions. If you would like to discuss more feel free to let me know.

Not really swimming in currency at the moment, but in the past I've been able to farm for a mirror, hh and acuity in a league just by spamming maps with IIQ. Also the 'new' Atlas passives, scarabs, league mechanics etc seem very profitable. Not sure how viable this all is in standard though. I see this char as a long time project, so I'm prepared for it to take a while to farm enough for the currency needed to buy/craft good rares. For the next couple of upgrades I might be able to spend 100-200ex if I farm for a while.
Last edited by ArcaneLuke on Jun 7, 2021, 9:54:35 AM
"
ArcaneLuke wrote:
I guess I could go for a 600+ pDPS with +2 arrow first, but it looks like that would already cost 300+ex and I'm not sure how much I should expect it to cost to craft (I also have no experience crafting)

I would say not worth spending 300ex on that, your legacy RoTC will do fine for now. You could craft one with probably less than 150ex investment, but if you have no experience with crafting, it's hard to say. A lot has been added to the game in recent patches, probably better to learn more about those new stuff before attempting to craft something big.

Also, things are much cheaper in league, so if you are willing to spend time in league, you would be able to make those big purchases at much lower prices.

"
ArcaneLuke wrote:
This is definitely something I'd like to try. Do you have an estimate of how much it could cost on average to craft with the method you describe in the boots section? I think it might also be hard to get the essences in standard though.

It's really hard to get essence in std at reasonable price. Also the method I mentioned in guide is very general, and might be a bit out-dated. The optimal crafting methodology can be very different depending on whether you want onslaught or you want more res. If you know what exact mods you would like to have, I can elaborate more on how to craft.

"
ArcaneLuke wrote:
Checked with a conversion + precision multi watchers eye and a pair of conversion + culling gripped gloves. Total damage (including culling) was still lower than Hrimsorrow.

You must be doing something wrong in pob there. My guess is you forgot to put 25% phys conv to cold on your gloves. Even with the worst 2-mod eye (conv + attack speed), plus gripped gloves with only culling + crafted phys conv, the dps will be higher than your current set up. More importantly, you can also get life/attack speed/res on your rare gloves, which will end up with a significant upgrade. I saw one hatred conv + cold pen eye selling at 80ex in std, but in league you can get them withiin like 30ex though.

So overall, if you are willing to spend time, I would recommend get used new contents and farm/craft most stuff yourself as it will be much cheaper, especially in std. League is also a good place to buy stuff too if you ever play league again.

Last edited by lazyrabbit711 on Jun 7, 2021, 10:19:20 AM
"
lazyrabbit711 wrote:
You must be doing something wrong in pob there. My guess is you forgot to put 25% phys conv to cold on your gloves. Even with the worst 2-mod eye (conv + attack speed), plus gripped gloves with only culling + crafted phys conv, the dps will be higher than your current set up. More importantly, you can also get life/attack speed/res on your rare gloves, which will end up with a significant upgrade. I saw one hatred conv + cold pen eye selling at 80ex in std, but in league you can get them within like 30ex though.

You're right. I miss-clicked and chose physical to lightning on gloves on accident. Now the rare conversion gloves indeed give better DPS. I'll see if I can find a good Watcher's Eye for a good price some time. As for playing in league, it is something I'd like to do again if I can sink a lot of time into the first weeks of the league.

I have decided I'd like to give crafting a try. Because you said it could be done for a reasonable amount, I played around in craftofexile using the steps you gave in your guide for crafting a bow. Looks like fracturing and harvest are really strong.

I bought an ilvl86 spine and started alt/aug'ing for merciless and hit merciless and +2 arrows (lol).

Not sure how to proceed, or whether this would actually be useful for the fractured crafting method. I guess it would at least double the chance of getting a good mod on the fracture. But maybe it'd be better off being crafted in a different way (probably not because it doesn't have 30% quality).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info