[3.14] Demigod's Wrath - 90% berserk, Automatic Warcries, 157% character size, Permastun Sirus

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
How do you calculate/add the buffs from the massive and brutal shrines from Blunderbore in POB?

@tagmatar: https://pastebin.com/bBACJYY0

Thanks =)
"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
- Overlord on cluster wasn't too expensive. 2-3ex I believe.

Well, getting just Overlord is cheap, but you also want Heavy Hitter (stun node) and need Fuel the Fight (mana leech) unless you get a phys mana leech jewel. Not exactly easy or cheap to get, even crafting yourself.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
CBF is only a 1ex craft. Definitely worth it.

Well, the craft is only really useful if you have the Cannot Be Chilled + MS craft as well, which would equal 2 ex for the multicraft, 1 ex for CBF, and 4c for the MS + Chill craft. Otherwise, instead of being frozen you'll be chilled to a ridiculous amount and effectively be frozen.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
Not really "relying" on Lion's Roar for damage, but can't ignore the massive benefit it provides. Super cheap and the knockback is negated by the crab claw. No brainer IMO. The only thing I would consider in place of it is an Amethyst flask until chaos resists are 40-50+, but even then, it's a whole lotta damage you're missing out on by not using it. More damage is ideal, of course.

Yeah, that's true. I never found myself in a situation where I needed the extra damage, so I never used it. Against the Maven Invitations it's most definitely a no-brainer since you want as much damage as you can get. There's also Delirious Maps as well which massively increase enemy defenses and life. During Harvest, I was able to Permastun Oshabi and finished all her conditional challenges on my first attempt without the flask and all map mobs would die instantly.
Do remember this was made back during Harvest and Heist, so the precedent of very high damage wasn't set so high yet.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
Forbidden Taste just has no other benefit, and prevents us from having all the DOT immunities (ignite/poison/bleed/curse) we should have. Blood of the Karui would be a better choice if you insist on having a second panic button, although there is a slight delay before it fills up your life completely. Yet again, no room to roll any of the immunities we need, so life/bleed seems more efficient.

I disagree with the Blood of the Karui statement. If you're going to run Blood of the Karui, it is objectively worse than Forbidden Taste in terms of actually saving you from massive damage. I had used Forbidden Taste during Harvest to get up to 97 with the non-blunderbore version of the build and the significance of Forbidden Taste's heal potential is uncontested. Now, if your goal is to block Ignite, Bleed, and Poison, a regular life flask works. The only time DOTs have killed me were when I didn't have an anti-corrupting blood jewel or was doing a juiced map with guaranteed ignites/poisons on enemies.

The downside of Forbidden Taste is that it's 4s of 8% chaos degen at 0% chaos, or 2% degen when you're at 75% chaos which is negligible. Even at lower chaos res, like 50%, the degen is still barely noticeable. The benefit of Forbidden Taste is an instant full life flask with 2 stored uses (up to 6 if you get the +max charge enchant from harvest). At 8k life, you could get chunked for 5-7k from juiced porcupines, pop it, and be plenty safe. Of course, Enduring is more efficient most of the time but it has a cast time. The fact it's a Quartz flask means nothing in the grand scheme of things. That's why I run a Quartz flask as well.

The argument of not having full ailment immunities is definitely strong in the context of juiced maps and delirious maps, not so much elsewhere minus a couple bosses. In the context of most players that will play this build, Forbidden Taste will perform better than a seething/bubbling life flask, especially considering the content they will be up against.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
I hope you're not taking offense to anything I'm saying, I just wanted to give you props on the build, make some suggestions, and discuss a bit. I enjoy discussing builds with other theory crafters to get insight and make things better.

Discussion brings new information to both parties when both are open-minded about it. I have to drop a disclaimer whenever I say a bunch of shit in a reply because some people think I'm trying to beat them down. Like the Asenath's suggestion, the cluster jewel stuff, and optimal passive pathing are all in the pursuit of making the build better than it is. Min/maxing when and where you can is incredibly fun, especially when you have someone to discuss it with.

I never claimed the build was perfect :^) Not to mention the fact that I'll be going over and touching up a lot of the text entries, gear options, and tree progression. Some things were rushed since I was burning out at the time and wanted to get it over with. The build guide and league start video was definitely the prime cause of that problem, even though I am proud of it.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
What do you think about Haunting Shout/Mob Mentality as a second medium cluster? Intimidate would definitely be beneficial, and Mob Mentality is a second form of Frenzy/Endurance charge generation.

Haunting Shout is solid if you want to have basically every pack always Intimidated. Without it, you have to hit the enemies with Intimidating Shout for them to be intimidated. This would be a consistency choice and maybe something you could grab through a megalomaniac with another notable like Enduring Composure, Fettle, Surging Vitality, or Towering Threat.
Mob Mentality messes up the consistency of the cyclic warcries. If you don't run Gluttony or Scold's, you should take it along with Disciple of the Unyielding. From practice, those two together shore up the downtime you experience time-to-time from not being hit. If you're playing crit, 100% run it. Power Charges are generally too difficult to maintain otherwise.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
I didn't take Soul of Steel, seems negligible for 4 skill points, and won't have enough skill points to go up to Devotion. I ended up taking Strong Arm because it gives another 5% str on my Lethal Pride, and provides 20 flat str naturally, with some damage. My APS is still at or under 2, so the 5% IAS doesn't hurt.

Soul of Steel is basically 4% less elemental damage taken, which is pretty decent when you're out of life nodes to take, and a significant amount of armour if you're not running Gluttony.
As for the Lethal Pride stuff, that's kinda how my tree evolved at times. I had a 4x 10% inc fortify lethal pride and had to take some inefficient nodes to get the massive boost to defenses like Diamond Skin and Butchery.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
I think not taking Spinecruncher is a huge mistake. Those three points give you 153k DPS according to your POB. Oddly enough, Strong Arm gives almost the exact same increase (153.7k) without having either allocated. Versatility isn't worth it unless you absolutely need the Int/Dex, but those can be obtained in other ways. Diamond Skin makes sense if you're low on resists, or if the node provides some big benefit with Lethal Pride, but Strong Arm and Spinecruncher are definitely more beneficial overall. 300k DPS is serious bizzniss, and Spinecruncher gives 12% Overwhelm. We obviously want as much Overwhelm as possible.

Dropping Spinecruncher on "My Tree" was for the sake of those defenses that I got from my Lethal Pride (mentioned in the last section of this reply). It's DEFINITELY what you want, but I also have an "Optimal Tree" option which has it allocated. Same goes for Versatility, I didn't need the extra stats from the 2 +30 int/dex nodes next to Soul of Steel but the attack speed made mapping slightly better.
There's a reason why "My Tree" isn't the default option OR the optimal option :^)

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:
How do you calculate/add the buffs from the massive and brutal shrines from Blunderbore in POB?

Look up the stats of the lesser shrines, then add up your effect of shrine buffs, add 100 to it, divide by 100, multiply that number by the stats of the two associated shrines, round down on decimals, put those stats onto an item.

For example: with 70% shrine buff on Blunderbore and you're running the gull, the calc looks like this
100 (base) + 75 (gull) + 70 (blunder) = 245 / 100 = 2.45 multiplier
Base stats of Massive Shrine
10% inc char size * 2.45 = 24.5% (Round) -> 24% inc char size
20% inc max life * 2.45 = 49% inc max life (no Rounding, no decimal)
20% inc aoe * 2.45 = 49% inc aoe (no Rounding, no decimal)
"
Well, getting just Overlord is cheap, but you also want Heavy Hitter (stun node) and need Fuel the Fight (mana leech) unless you get a phys mana leech jewel. Not exactly easy or cheap to get, even crafting yourself.

Mine has all 3 notables (Overlord, Heavy Hitter, Fuel the Fight) and was only 2-3ex. I'm not using Fuel though, as I have mana leech on a ring and the 8% IAS would be detrimental for me.

"
Well, the craft is only really useful if you have the Cannot Be Chilled + MS craft as well, which would equal 2 ex for the multicraft, 1 ex for CBF, and 4c for the MS + Chill craft. Otherwise, instead of being frozen you'll be chilled to a ridiculous amount and effectively be frozen.

I only have CBF on boots, not cannot be chilled, and it hasn't been an issue once yet. Chilled ground is noticeable, but it doesn't lock me up or prevent me from swangin.

"
I disagree with the Blood of the Karui statement

I might give it a shot once I get my Chaos res high enough. Right now it's pretty shit, so I don't think it'll be worth it at all, and I like having immunity to all the dots and curses. I'm timing my Enduring Cry to keep Berserk up almost 100% of the time, so I honestly rarely see my life go down at all, but if it does, it goes up instantly. Just seems so much more efficient for me. I haven't even tried Karui on this build, so you may be right about FT working better than that, but there's no drawback to it like there is on FT. Lion's Roar is absolutely a better choice than a second Quartz flask though. You're gimping yourself there big time by not using it. MOAR DAMAGE! MOAR STUNS! Edit: Lion's Roar is 498k DPS for me in POB. Worth it, broheemus.

"
Discussion brings new information to both parties when both are open-minded about it.

Roger that. Let's take this big beefy chunky boi to the limit, bradther.

"
Haunting Shout is solid if you want to have basically every pack always Intimidated. Without it, you have to hit the enemies with Intimidating Shout for them to be intimidated. This would be a consistency choice and maybe something you could grab through a megalomaniac with another notable like Enduring Composure, Fettle, Surging Vitality, or Towering Threat.
Mob Mentality messes up the consistency of the cyclic warcries. If you don't run Gluttony or Scold's, you should take it along with Disciple of the Unyielding. From practice, those two together shore up the downtime you experience time-to-time from not being hit. If you're playing crit, 100% run it. Power Charges are generally too difficult to maintain otherwise.

Totally spaced the fact that Intimidating Cry intimidates. Duh. I had already grabbed a medium cluster with Haunting on it before you responded, so I may just take that off now and do something else. Thought about Towering Threat/Expansive Might, but not sure if it's worth it. Going off-grid, I might just toy with a flask cluster. Peak Vigor (8% max life/30% life recovery from flasks) and Special Reserve (2% life regen/20% damage during any flask effect) seems like a solid choice. Pretty cheap too.

"
Soul of Steel is basically 4% less elemental damage taken, which is pretty decent when you're out of life nodes to take, and a significant amount of armour if you're not running Gluttony.
As for the Lethal Pride stuff, that's kinda how my tree evolved at times. I had a 4x 10% inc fortify lethal pride and had to take some inefficient nodes to get the massive boost to defenses like Diamond Skin and Butchery.

I run Gluttony, so not worth it IMO.

"
Look up the stats of the lesser shrines, then add up your effect of shrine buffs, add 100 to it, divide by 100, multiply that number by the stats of the two associated shrines, round down on decimals, put those stats onto an item.

For example: with 70% shrine buff on Blunderbore and you're running the gull, the calc looks like this
100 (base) + 75 (gull) + 70 (blunder) = 245 / 100 = 2.45 multiplier
Base stats of Massive Shrine
10% inc char size * 2.45 = 24.5% (Round) -> 24% inc char size
20% inc max life * 2.45 = 49% inc max life (no Rounding, no decimal)
20% inc aoe * 2.45 = 49% inc aoe (no Rounding, no decimal)

I know how to calculate it, I just didn't know how to actually put it in POB. Now I can see you've added the stats to Blunderbore on yours, but how TF do I do that? Edit: I figured it out. Now I feel better and can see my proper stats. I had to add the notable stats to my Lethal Pride too (10% strength, 20% melee damage, 1% regen). 93 now, and most likely done leveling unless I don't die. Here's my POB: https://pastebin.com/dNbvGXjS

I had a crazy idea just now that might work really well. If we can find a rare mace with equal or greater DPS and stun threshold to the crab claw, what about using Empire's Grasp? All hits knock back because of the Massive Shrine, so we should be pulling mobs and bosses in like crazy. Losing the reflected impales from Tentacles might net us a slight loss in clear speed, but should be negated by the pull? I don't have a rare mace worthy yet, but I may try to craft a Hunter/Crusader influenced one with Overwhelm and give it a shot if I'm able to. Needs Crusader for stun threshold.

Cheers, bro!

Last edited by Cimmerian_ on Feb 23, 2021, 11:17:47 AM
Rarity: Rare
Vengeance Star
Gavel
--------
One Handed Mace
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 94-167 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.15
Weapon Range: 11
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 212
--------
Sockets: R-R-R
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
15% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold (implicit)
Item sells for much more to vendors (implicit)
--------
Adds 24 to 38 Physical Damage
+35% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
28% reduced Enemy Stun Threshold
17% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
--------
Crusader Item

There's a good start! I can bench craft up to 129% phys, then augment influence mod to try and get t1 phys/stun threshold. Then I can add/remove influence until I get it. Then remove crit, but it's a shame that I have to waste a t1 crit multi. Oh well.
Hi Deth Math,
I have a CDR of 2.76 seconds. Will the all Warcries trigger in the apple at the same time? Or one by one?
"
Lemmy1988 wrote:
Hi Deth Math,
I have a CDR of 2.76 seconds. Will the all Warcries trigger in the apple at the same time? Or one by one?

One by one. Read the Build Concept tab as to why.
is the belt a total must? its hard to balance everything for me atm
"
DeadLame wrote:
is the belt a total must? its hard to balance everything for me atm

Gluttony is not a necessity, no. You can run Scold's Bridle as an alternative, but both options are intended to maintain a perpetual chain of warcries while mapping/bossing. If you decide to not run either, you will find yourself having to hard-cast Enduring Cry during bosses.

Additionally: you don't have to run Blunderbore either. It provides a colossal amount of stats, including a lot of increased AoE which is required to overlap Earthshatter's spikes since the last patch, but in the early stages of the build you will be fine with any ol' 6 link.

If you're running Great Old One's Tentacles and have some currency to spare, grab Asenath's Gentle Touch instead. It provides the build with a lot of maximum life, intelligence, temp chains, and the explosion chest mod. The downside is that coloring it is a real pain, but it's overall a better choice for the build.

After looking at your gear and tree, though, here's what I'd recommend right away:
1 - Your "Behemot Knot" ring is really bad. I would suggest just slapping a Fragility unique jewel into the empty jewel socket on your tree and using a very high resistance ring instead of it until you acquire some more currency.

2 - You have almost no maximum life on tree. This is probably because you're trying to juggle the massive strength requirement for Blunderbore and take damage nodes. The majority of the build's damage comes from the warcries themselves, so don't feel like you need to have all these damage nodes right from the get-go!
Here's my recommended respec so you aren't so low on HP https://pastebin.com/jEgW4aft
The Impaler is quite nice but not necessary until reds. Mobs should be dying instantly until then.

3 - Make sure to anoint Deep Breaths. it is required to activate a warcry in The Eternal Apple every second!

4 - You have open sockets in your gloves and weapon. You can easily slap in Dread Banner and Blood & Sand into your gloves, hit your Callinellus Malleus a couple times with a Chromatic and put Flesh & Stone + Maim into it!

After these changes, you should look forward to:
1 - Finish coloring your gloves or grab Asenath's Gentle Touch. I know it takes a while and a decent amount of jeweller's to do the socket method, but it's easily one of the closest upgrades for you right now. Getting 4 off-colors is pretty annoying
2 - Finish your Merc and Uber labs! You can easily do Merc right now but you can wait until 80+ for Uber if you still feel kinda weak.
3 - Upgrade your flasks. Double life and mana flasks are very inefficient. With the Fuel the Fight keystone from the Large Cluster, you shouldn't need mana flasks at all unless you're doing an anti-leech map.
thanks a ton man the build is fun just yea trying to juggle the massive str stat was a pain i did upgrade my rings since u last saw my profile
and got some jewels
and those were the only 2 rings on the market is why i bought those btw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info