[3.14] Demigod's Wrath - 90% berserk, Automatic Warcries, 157% character size, Permastun Sirus

"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
Managed to hit 6L with less than 500 fus
now i am struggling juggling with resistances and attributes
meanwhile i am using atziri's foible while i get more currency for a better alternative

also, why did you put the cluster group in the left side instead of south socket? gluttony nullifies armour and at the other group we get 8% more melee damage

A high strength amulet is a really good way to deal with the colossal strength requirement of Blunderbore. I was running a 120 str amulet before I upgraded it to 18% inc strength implicit. GL with the gearing, I know it's a lot to juggle at times. If you have empty jewel sockets, that can help you temporarily setup your resistances so you aren't in a perpetual gearing fiesta.

TBH, I did it to see who's paying attention and who's following along :^)

"
Vrataski wrote:
sup man, i'm following ur build and it seems really great atm, i'm doing it as second character although i didn't progressed that much with my first one, only manage to gather around 60c ... i'm lvl 43 and even i not following ur league start guide, it seems really confortable to lvl up as i am using totems and herald of purity. BUT, the real reason why i replying u is to ask something: since in higher levels we don't have armour because of gluttony, why not change some of the gears to evasion rating? like, i thought that if i use The Stampete boots it would be great since it has 150% increased movespeed and reduced cooldowns for travel skills. what you say? great stuff, dude

I find evasion to be a mechanic that should never be relied upon and actively avoid dodge/evasion builds because of such. Also, coloring the pure dex gear for almost exclusively red gems would make most players want to commit very naughty things to either themselves or others. And finally, the amount of EHP would be inconsequential because of how evasion mechanics work.

As for the Stampede idea, the "Your movement speed is 150% of it's base value" is a movement speed loss because it sets whatever speed you would be running otherwise to 150%. This results in anything above 150% movement speed (which is effectively 50% increased movement speed) to be entirely nullified and wasted. The CDR on movement skills is good, but not worth losing a total of 150% MS for. This isn't even talking about how you're removing an additional rare from the build, which would cause many resistance problems.

If you prefer spamming dash, potentially good, but ultimately slower and less controllable.
Last edited by Deth_Meth on Jan 24, 2021, 8:27:42 PM
Hi Deth_Meth : Thank you for this build its fun and the most buff icons across the top of the screen .

Forgive me for not grasping the endurance section ive read it many times but im not understanding it, in my defence im on a ton of medication so my apologies .
So my Questions
1/When i pull up my character screen what number of endurance charges should it be showing ? < mines at 0/1 which i Hope is right >.

2/I noticed in a previous reply you mention getting all the reduced stun threshold nodes ? In your P.O.B you havent chosen them " The node next to bloodless "

3/ Also what annoinment do you suggest " i currenlty have deep breaths on an astrementis " .

Thanks in Advance
Last edited by TheHoof on Feb 18, 2021, 4:45:10 AM
Have you considered Asenath's Gentle Touch for gloves? It curses enemies on hit and Gluttony gives Culling Strike against curses enemies not to mention the explosions.

I found a Gluttony on trade with 6% increased strength corruption, it's helpful in this build for sure.
"
TheHoof wrote:
Hi Deth_Meth : Thank you for this build its fun and the most buff icons across the top of the screen .

Forgive me for not grasping the endurance section ive read it many times but im not understanding it, in my defence im on a ton of medication so my apologies .
So my Questions
1/When i pull up my character screen what number of endurance charges should it be showing ? < mines at 0/1 which i Hope is right >.

2/I noticed in a previous reply you mention getting all the reduced stun threshold nodes ? In your P.O.B you havent chosen them " The node next to bloodless "

3/ Also what annoinment do you suggest " i currenlty have deep breaths on an astrementis " .

Thanks in Advance

My apologies for the late reply. You know how it is.

1: Yes, that works. You just don't want your minimum and maximum endurance charges to be equal. Having 1/1 means the shield never activates. Same with 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, etc. Having 0/1, 1/2, 2/3, etc, is what you want.

2: You want to be at 100% reduced enemy stun threshold. You get 40% from the crab claw weapon, the rest is from the tree. The Stun Mastery passive cluster is not point efficient and is entirely unnecessary if you're running the crab claw weapon. If you're at 95%, you should be fine. I was at 95% when I managed to permastun Sirus last league.

3: You want Deep Breaths.

"
Have you considered Asenath's Gentle Touch for gloves? It curses enemies on hit and Gluttony gives Culling Strike against curses enemies not to mention the explosions.

I found a Gluttony on trade with 6% increased strength corruption, it's helpful in this build for sure.

My apologies for the late reply. You know how it is.

I have not considered Asenath's as it is typically out of my budget (thanks to Esoro) but from some quick testing on standard it clears just as well as Great Old One's Tentacles (outside of Delirious maps). If you can afford it, it is going to perform better defensively than Tentacles and possibly better for clearing Delirious maps as monsters have colossal amounts of life in there.
If the price continues to stay low into next league, which it probably won't, I'll most definitely put it as an alternative option in the build guide.
Yeah, the cheapest suitable asenath , 2R-1G-1W is 70c currently and I think mine was even less. Not at all horrible. The only item in this build which is a few ex is a 6L Blunderbore.
Love the build, bro. Good shit! As you said above, the Temp Chains from Asenath's provides a pretty chunky amount of defense. I was using Tentacles with Temp Chains until I was able to color my Vulnerability ones properly, and noticed I was getting hit a lot more after switching. Temp Chains also increases the stun duration by quite a bit, so much so that for me, it was preventing some map bosses from phasing. They would just be stuck and invulnerable, randomly casting, but unable to phase. Was pretty weird. How much stun duration do you currently have, and do you know if there's diminishing returns? If so, at what %? I'm currently at 108% on the in-game char screen.

I know you like having Punishment on CWDT, but I like to have a permanent and constant curse on hit so that we can utilize the Culling and life/mana on hit from Gluttony at all times, so I have curse on my gloves. I actually put Warlord's Mark on CWDT too, hoping to mark the rares and uniques while the others have Vulnerability on them. Eventually I plan to have Warlord's on hit on a ring, but it's rough to give up a suffix. Overall, I think either Temp Chains or Vulnerability is a much better choice than Punishment, as we don't really need any clear assistance, and most things just die instantly, making the low life part of Punishment also kind of irrelevant. On top of that, they need to hit you while cursed to get debilitated, and most things don't even come close to touching us.

A few other twists I put on your build:

- Take Overlord on the medium cluster jewel. It frees up Fortify in the main link, and allows for Melee Physical Support. That's 15% more phys damage just from a level 20 regular gem, an even bigger increase if you use Awakened.

- Helm enchant. I saw you took Berserk buff effect. I took Berserk has 40% reduced Rage loss per second. It makes the already ridiculous Berserk sustain even more outrageous. Almost 100% up-time if you time your Enduring Cry right and keep hitting shit.

- Cannot Be Frozen on boots.

- Lion's Roar. The only drawback to Lion's Roar is the knockback, and the crab claw shits all over it by not allowing us to knockback. Perfect build for this, and 20+% more physical damage cannot be ignored. Sucks that the armor doesn't do anything for us, but moar damage is moar damage. Seems pretty mandatory for this build in my opinion, and with CBF on your boots, you don't need an anti-freeze flask, so it should take that slot.

- Flasks. Not a fan of the Forbidden Taste. The dodge is minimal, phasing is unnecessary, and the drawback/DOT damage is no bueno. Even if you barely notice it, adding more life draining aspects to the build seems detrimental. We don't really need an "oh shit button" flask, as we have Enduring Cry for our oh shit button. Life flask with bleed immune is much more efficient. Basalt, MS, and Sulphur all make sense. Poison/Curse/Ignite immune on those. Obviously Onslaught flask is redundant if you have Lead By Example on your cluster, so replacing that with Lion's Roar is win.

Overall, it's essentially the same exact build, just a few little tweaks that I find improve it some. If you notice that anything I've mentioned is actually hurting and not helping the build, please let me know. I'm only level 90 right now, and plan to add a second medium cluster jewel (Haunting Shout and Mob Mentality) and be pretty much finished at level 93. So far I'm just wrecking everything, and need to tweak a few gear pieces to make it what I want. Very fun build, my dude. Cheers!
I enjoy the feedback, so don't take any of this personally. Getting different perspectives on something provides great insight :)

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

"How much stun duration do you currently have, and do you know if there's diminishing returns? If so, at what %? I'm currently at 108% on the in-game char screen."

There's no DR for stun duration, it scales just like increased damage does, which is a linear scale.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

I know you like having Punishment on CWDT, but I like to have a permanent and constant curse on hit so that we can utilize the Culling and life/mana on hit from Gluttony at all times, so I have curse on my gloves.

I know there's more to this paragraph but I agree with all you said here. Punishment was definitely an afterthought during the build making process last league and isn't nearly as efficient as the other options. I lost interest in this league so I'll end up making drastic changes to the build guide next league.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Take Overlord on the medium cluster jewel

Yup, this is definitely the BIS option. The problem with Overlord is the colossal price because of the rarity of it. I don't like suggesting things in my build if it's out of my price range.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Helm enchant. I saw you took Berserk buff effect. I took Berserk has 40% reduced Rage loss per second. It makes the already ridiculous Berserk sustain even more outrageous. Almost 100% up-time if you time your Enduring Cry right and keep hitting shit.

I believe I wrote up the best enchants for someone but it appears I never integrated it into the guide... Whoops. I never saw a Gull with reduced rage berserk, but that was definitely the top 5 enchants I suggested.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

- Cannot Be Frozen on boots.

YUP, same philosophy as the Overlord passive with an equally large investment but definitely the better choice.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Lion's Roar. The only drawback to Lion's Roar is the knockback, and the crab claw shits all over it by not allowing us to knockback. Perfect build for this, and 20+% more physical damage cannot be ignored. Sucks that the armor doesn't do anything for us, but moar damage is moar damage. Seems pretty mandatory for this build in my opinion, and with CBF on your boots, you don't need an anti-freeze flask, so it should take that slot.

My philosophy had always been to not rely on your flasks for your damage. I feel this changes when you start doing Delirious maps and a more damage multiplier of this caliber becomes noticeable.

"
Cimmerian_ wrote:

Flasks

The Forbidden Taste is just a panic full life flask for when you get into a really bad situation (examples Sirus's Die beam, Oshabi's spear attack). Also, once you're at 50% chaos res, your natural life regen negates the degen from the flask. In a build with this much life, any regular life flask will not compete with Forbidden Taste for saving you in a deadly situation.
- Overlord on cluster wasn't too expensive. 2-3ex I believe.

- CBF is only a 1ex craft. Definitely worth it.

- I snagged the only Berserk Rage Reduction Gull (that I've seen so far) on league for like 30c. Sorry, boys! = )

- Not really "relying" on Lion's Roar for damage, but can't ignore the massive benefit it provides. Super cheap and the knockback is negated by the crab claw. No brainer IMO. The only thing I would consider in place of it is an Amethyst flask until chaos resists are 40-50+, but even then, it's a whole lotta damage you're missing out on by not using it. More damage is ideal, of course.

- Forbidden Taste just has no other benefit, and prevents us from having all the DOT immunities (ignite/poison/bleed/curse) we should have. Blood of the Karui would be a better choice if you insist on having a second panic button, although there is a slight delay before it fills up your life completely. Yet again, no room to roll any of the immunities we need, so life/bleed seems more efficient.

I hope you're not taking offense to anything I'm saying, I just wanted to give you props on the build, make some suggestions, and discuss a bit. I enjoy discussing builds with other theory crafters to get insight and make things better.

As I said before, I still have some gear tweaking/crafting to do to make my build how I want it. Currently have low flat phys and no life on either ring. The plan (once I obtain the Harvest crafts) is to get t1 flat phys, life, and then hunter exalt for life gained on hit. My amulet is pretty meh right now too. Need higher flat phys, chaos res, and will still have an open prefix. The only thing that would be beneficial for a 3rd prefix is life or mana leech, so not even sure I'll go for a 3rd.

What do you think about Haunting Shout/Mob Mentality as a second medium cluster? Intimidate would definitely be beneficial, and Mob Mentality is a second form of Frenzy/Endurance charge generation.

I didn't take Soul of Steel, seems negligible for 4 skill points, and won't have enough skill points to go up to Devotion. I ended up taking Strong Arm because it gives another 5% str on my Lethal Pride, and provides 20 flat str naturally, with some damage. My APS is still at or under 2, so the 5% IAS doesn't hurt.

EDIT: Found the updated POB link. I think not taking Spinecruncher is a huge mistake. Those three points give you 153k DPS according to your POB. Oddly enough, Strong Arm gives almost the exact same increase (153.7k) without having either allocated. Versatility isn't worth it unless you absolutely need the Int/Dex, but those can be obtained in other ways. Diamond Skin makes sense if you're low on resists, or if the node provides some big benefit with Lethal Pride, but Strong Arm and Spinecruncher are definitely more beneficial overall. 300k DPS is serious bizzniss, and Spinecruncher gives 12% Overwhelm. We obviously want as much Overwhelm as possible.
Last edited by Cimmerian_ on Feb 21, 2021, 8:10:29 AM
Hi

Sorry if i don't see it but do you have a pob with the gull+Blunderbore i don't see it? Or the tree of your SSF version is the same?

Fly safe
How do you calculate/add the buffs from the massive and brutal shrines from Blunderbore in POB?

@tagmatar: https://pastebin.com/bBACJYY0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info