[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
Dingui wrote:
The archmage/MoM/agnostic version that was linked earlier was a half-baked build that i modified from a build someone posted on reddit. It has some math errors and missclicks, so it should be disregarded.

I made an update to it that should have fixed the errors present, and i downgraded the gear quite a lot to get a realistic dps/surviability level with mediocre gear.

https://pastebin.com/E7e8cBZY

While ignite cannot use many of the archmage-supporting things, such as indigon, it is still a strong version as it allows you to get dps, effective hp and sustain from just stacking mana, while a non-archmage build must choose.

The updated build has an ignite dps of 2.2m without flasks, an effective hp of 7.5k'ish and a recovery of 2.3k life/sec, when no mob has been killed. After each kill, the recovery will increase to 5k/sec for 4 seconds.

On top of this, the arcane cloak buff absorbs 5.5k life, lasts 8 seconds and has a cooldown of 2.7k second, so i think the added lightning damage from it can be considered having a permanent uptime with respect to bosses, as much of the cooldown will happen during an active ignite anyway.

All this is with pretty shitty gear, so im sure large improvements can be made.

All in all, i think this version will be overall stronger than the non-archmage versions.

Thanks for update, your build still has a Watcher's Eye equipped and you're using Elemental Weakness instead of Flammability. Maybe it's because Ele Weakness is easier to use for PoB calculation, but remember that alt quality Flammability gives +1 max doom per 4% quality - higher max doom = higher ignite.

Also I am unsure about the survivability of this build, you didn't take Ghost Dance or Escape Artist because you need extra mana from Weave the Arcane.
@DixuMixu (page 4):
Re build with https://pastebin.com/9WU6uzzN

That is not recommended version, just an adjusted PoB to give comparison with the Archmage one. The POB in OP is still my preferred way to build it - I may update that in next few hours.

@Dingui: I'm still convinced that Archmage isn't worth it. Here is the modified version of the POB you used (to keep calcs the same)

https://pastebin.com/cpcG2C3x

That deals more damage - with most of the gear slots empty - and no Arcane Cloak or any other buffs on, AND it gets to take Ghost Dance and Escape Artist for defenses instead of investing that into mana....

You can do Archmage if you really prefer that playstyle, but it's more work to gear and not worth the payoff you get.
with doomsday is it possible to trigger hexes and still generate doom?
"
Pingucu wrote:
with doomsday is it possible to trigger hexes and still generate doom?

no
//edit//
ignore sorry about comment.

This is looking cool, going to try as my starter.
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Sep 18, 2020, 12:32:06 PM
"
@Dingui: I'm still convinced that Archmage isn't worth it. Here is the modified version of the POB you used (to keep calcs the same)

That deals more damage - with most of the gear slots empty - and no Arcane Cloak or any other buffs on, AND it gets to take Ghost Dance and Escape Artist for defenses instead of investing that into mana....

You can do Archmage if you really prefer that playstyle, but it's more work to gear and not worth the payoff you get.

You forgot to remove the lightning damage from the jewel, as you dont get that without archmage, which reduces the damage to 1 million. I put the damage there to simulate the 140% added damage factor on hexblast.

The way i see it, the critical flaw of the non archmage version is that it is lacking recovery in bossfights. While ED/C regenerates life from ED damage, and archmage hexblast regenerates life through the agnostic and has the highest effective health, the non-archmage version only recovers life and ES through killing stuff, which is rarely present in hard bossfights. The build is also not utilizing ghost dance/escape artist that well, as it is neither using dodge nor high evasion.

I am certain that the non-archmage version can reach higher dps, but it is a squishy build with no reliable way to recover life or ES in a bossfight.

Lastly, arcane cloak will be up for roughly 70% of the time and you can just time your hexblasts to fit into that window, so it is pretty much a permanent buff in this build.
"
Dingui wrote:
"

You forgot to remove the lightning damage from the jewel, as you dont get that without archmage, which reduces the damage to 1 million. I put the damage there to simulate the 140% added damage factor on hexblast.

The way i see it, the critical flaw of the non archmage version is that it is lacking recovery in bossfights. While ED/C regenerates life from ED damage, and archmage hexblast regenerates life through the agnostic and has the highest effective health, the non-archmage version only recovers life and ES through killing stuff, which is rarely present in hard bossfights. The build is also not utilizing ghost dance/escape artist that well, as it is neither using dodge nor high evasion.

I am certain that the non-archmage version can reach higher dps, but it is a squishy build with no reliable way to recover life or ES in a bossfight.

Lastly, arcane cloak will be up for roughly 70% of the time and you can just time your hexblasts to fit into that window, so it is pretty much a permanent buff in this build.

What's your final version? Right now archmage stuff doesn't seem feasible as a league starter. And the mana regen without Patient Reaper on-kill buff is kinda low too. Optimally we would go Scion and take Pathfinder for mana flask utime + DoT ascendancy, but right now none of the Scion options give DoT damage :/
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 18, 2020, 3:05:48 PM
"
DixuMixu wrote:
Thanks for update, your build still has a Watcher's Eye equipped and you're using Elemental Weakness instead of Flammability. Maybe it's because Ele Weakness is easier to use for PoB calculation, but remember that alt quality Flammability gives +1 max doom per 4% quality - higher max doom = higher ignite.

Also I am unsure about the survivability of this build, you didn't take Ghost Dance or Escape Artist because you need extra mana from Weave the Arcane.

Yes, the alternate quality flammability will give more dps, but until you get that, elemental weakness is actually slightly stronger, as the build does not need additional ignite chance.

The build also uses The Agnostic for massive life regen, which makes ghost dance and escape artist almost worthless, as most of their effect is tied up to ES. The builds surviability is based on a much higher effective hp than standard trickster builds and a huge amount of life/mana recovery, which is not dependant of damaging/killing stuff.

The watchers eye will not be available for the build until people are killing elders, but the mod used in the build is a mod that has usually been one of the cheapest ones, so it should be quite easy to get.
Maybe I am missing something. How are you proccing Elemental Overload?
IGN: FlameTotemUrMom
"
DixuMixu wrote:
What's your final version? Right now archmage stuff doesn't seem feasible as a league starter. And the mana regen without Patient Reaper on-kill buff is kinda low too. Optimally we would go Scion and take Pathfinder for mana flask utime + DoT ascendancy, but right now none of the Scion options give DoT damage :/

The PoB is showing the mana regeneration when 20% of the mana is recovered as life each second. While life is not recovering, the mana regen is 2.2k each second, plus the 20% chance to restore 10% mana for each skill use. Since we are going to be spamming shield charge, that is also gonna be noticable. Finally, 20% of the mana will be recovered over 1 second when arcane cloak is used. A mana potion can also be used, but im not sure it will be needed, as hexblast is not spammed.

Personally, im league starting as a fireball igniter with firewall, but im planning on going archmage hexblast quite early, when i have a 5 link cloak of defiance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info