[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
GraveRoT wrote:
What kind of ehp are you thinking for this build during life based and then during CI. Definitely thinking about this build for HC.

Just depends how good gear you can find... The hybrid tree has 159% increased health, 70% ES. CI tree has 186% ES and easy access to more. I don't play HC anymore. You may want a higher health investment but that just comes of adjusting the tree around a bit.
This is probably a stupid question that I just missed while skimming the patch notes...

But what happens if the pack/boss is hexproof? Is this build just bricked? I'm assuming it applies the doom stacks, but not the -fire res or +ignite chance from flammability? Can anyone confirm?
@GraveRoT - The PoB I played with got to around 5.5-6k HP and 2-3k ES, probably scaled higher in either direction for HC. But aside from eHP, you may need to do something else for defenses for HC.

Some stuff to look into after launch:

Hexproof enemies can now be hexed in 3.12, but will be unaffected by the hex (no lower res from flammability). So we can still explode them with Hex Blast, but also not sure if they will generate Doom either?

If for some reason hexproof enemies can also not generate Doom, that sounds pretty rough and will tank our damage. Would pretty much make Occultist superior to bypass Hexproof?

And with Doomsday notable, the 2nd Flammability after Hex Blast would also be a 1 second hexed area, right? So for a boss if Ignite lasts say like 4 seconds, then would it better to just Flammability every second for a few seconds until it needs to be re-applied, or just keep alternating Flammability -> Hex Blast -> Flammability, etc?
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
@GraveRoT - The PoB I played with got to around 5.5-6k HP and 2-3k ES, probably scaled higher in either direction for HC. But aside from eHP, you may need to do something else for defenses for HC.

Some stuff to look into after launch:

Hexproof enemies can now be hexed in 3.12, but will be unaffected by the hex (no lower res from flammability). So we can still explode them with Hex Blast, but also not sure if they will generate Doom either?

If for some reason hexproof enemies can also not generate Doom, that sounds pretty rough and will tank our damage. Would pretty much make Occultist superior to bypass Hexproof?

And with Doomsday notable, the 2nd Flammability after Hex Blast would also be a 1 second hexed area, right? So for a boss if Ignite lasts say like 4 seconds, then would it better to just Flammability every second for a few seconds until it needs to be re-applied, or just keep alternating Flammability -> Hex Blast -> Flammability, etc?

I'm also very curious how the Doomsday keystone will feel to play. If it's convenient, will be save a lot of passives that would otherwise go into faster Doom build-up.

I feel 99% sure that hexproof enemies can still have Doom built up on them (just the curse itself will do nothing). It would seem very mean of GGG to make some types of enemies totally unkillable with their new skills.
Since doom is a property of the hex itself, I would be surprised if hexproof enemies do not gain doom. They get the hex on them: they're just unaffected by it. Hexproof could be an obstacle if you don't have your ignite chance at 100% without flammability, and you won't get that extra hit on the enemy fire res, but it's not a total block.
I really like this build idea, BUT, Doomsday seems incredibly clunky for map clear. I really dont like the idea of having to wait a full second before getting any damage out.
"
C_ore_X wrote:
I really like this build idea, BUT, Doomsday seems incredibly clunky for map clear. I really dont like the idea of having to wait a full second before getting any damage out.

We might don't need max stacked Doom for clearing trash packs.
Even if they don't die, we can easily cast max stacked Hexblast on them since we took Doomsday.
Not 100% sure about it but it should work imo.
Who knows! Let's see how it's gonna work! xD
"

Important mechanics of note:

- Enemies do not need to be hexed to be hit with this; they only cause a big explosion if hexed, however.

How else are you going to generate doom for initial hit if enemies aren't hexed?
"
_Cruoris_ wrote:
"

Important mechanics of note:

- Enemies do not need to be hexed to be hit with this; they only cause a big explosion if hexed, however.

How else are you going to generate doom for initial hit if enemies aren't hexed?

You can use Hexblast without enemy being Hex or having Doom, it's just gonna do less damage, but probably enough damage to kill packs with ignite proliferation
"
"
CrawPappy1 wrote:
This looks nice but I think you are underestimating the potential of Archmage with it. The 7 - 134 added lightning damage from base Archmage gem is a bit of a range, but it doesn't account for the vast majority of the added lightning damage that will come from Archmage, which should be a flat amount based on the cost of the skill. It also gives you the benefit of using Arcane Cloak for more lightning damage, and the ability to get Agnostic + MoM for a big defensive boost.

Here is a pastebin of Archmage Ignite that was shared with me on Reddit. Let me know what you think!

https://pastebin.com/LDcWnfhZ

With T1 mana rolls on everything, that build shows great damage. However, it loses 1M DPS when Arcane Cloak isn't active, and another 500K or so when Flasks aren't on.

I tweaked that tree a bit and added a decent amulet and a Skin of the Loyal, points went into cluster jewels, and do the same damage except with no flasks up and no non-permanent buffs on

https://pastebin.com/9WU6uzzN

And, ultimately I want the option to go CI which archmage can't do...

I'm sure the archmage version will be fine too, it's a lot of extra effort at gearing it, going into a build that benefits from that style less than others. All the increased spell damage potential from Arcane Surge, Fevered Mind, Indigon etc etc that Archmage is balanced around is missing. So why try to force it? Just seems unnecessary to me.

Is this the build you're doing? https://pastebin.com/9WU6uzzN
It's not on OP so I'm wondering if this is updated version

Also what do you think of this jewel for ES build? Or not worth?
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 18, 2020, 6:00:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info