[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Hexproof enemies can now be hexed in 3.12

"
Hexproof monsters can now be cursed, but will ignore the effect of any Hexes applied to them (previously curses could not be applied). Hexproof in no way mitigates the effects of a Mark.

Not correct. Hexproof enemies can now be CURSED and cannot be HEXED because they are HEXPROOF. It means MARKS can now be applied because they are curses.
Last edited by cursorTarget on Sep 18, 2020, 6:24:54 AM
Would the build not benefit from Impending Doom Support from the extra damage in combination with Hexblast?
"
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Hexproof enemies can now be hexed in 3.12

"
Hexproof monsters can now be cursed, but will ignore the effect of any Hexes applied to them (previously curses could not be applied). Hexproof in no way mitigates the effects of a Mark.

Not correct. Hexproof enemies can now be CURSED and cannot be HEXED because they are HEXPROOF. It means MARKS can now be applied because they are curses.

Did you even read what you quote ? They will ignore the effect of the hexes, but will still have the hex on them. Which means you don't get the -XY% resist or whatever, but the hex is still there to be blasted.
this seems like an interesting build I may try to start with but I dont fully understand how hexblast will play.

Is it a multi-button skill combo you have to execute? curse then hex then they boom? You self cast the curse itself, then self cast hexblast, and only then do you do damage?
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Sep 18, 2020, 8:48:14 AM
Is the map mod "Monsters have x% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments" a must-reroll for us?
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
this seems like an interesting build I may try to start with but I dont fully understand how hexblast will play.

Is it a multi-button skill combo you have to execute? curse then hex then they boom? You self cast the curse itself, then self cast hexblast, and only then do you do damage?

That's the hope, at least: Curse, wait 1 second for max Doom stacks, blast for juicy ignites.

For trash clear the idea is that our ignites will be damaging enough for us to use Hexblast without a hex, then ignite prolif to clear.
The archmage/MoM/agnostic version that was linked earlier was a half-baked build that i modified from a build someone posted on reddit. It has some math errors and missclicks, so it should be disregarded.

I made an update to it that should have fixed the errors present, and i downgraded the gear quite a lot to get a realistic dps/surviability level with mediocre gear.

https://pastebin.com/E7e8cBZY

While ignite cannot use many of the archmage-supporting things, such as indigon, it is still a strong version as it allows you to get dps, effective hp and sustain from just stacking mana, while a non-archmage build must choose.

The updated build has an ignite dps of 2.2m without flasks, an effective hp of 7.5k'ish and a recovery of 2.3k life/sec, when no mob has been killed. After each kill, the recovery will increase to 5k/sec for 4 seconds.

On top of this, the arcane cloak buff absorbs 5.5k life, lasts 8 seconds and has a cooldown of 2.7k second, so i think the added lightning damage from it can be considered having a permanent uptime with respect to bosses, as much of the cooldown will happen during an active ignite anyway.

All this is with pretty shitty gear, so im sure large improvements can be made.

All in all, i think this version will be overall stronger than the non-archmage versions.
Is the map mod "Monsters have x% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments" a must-reroll for us?

Also, what about using Despair hex for the flat Chaos damage and Enemies take inc damage from DoT?
"
BramshLT wrote:

Also, what about using Despair hex for the flat Chaos damage and Enemies take inc damage from DoT?

How much avoid chance did that map mod give to monsters? If it's not something crazy like 50% then those maps should be doable, just a little slower whenever you don't ignite

The question about Despair is interesting, Flammability gives fire res penetration, but Despair gives a little bit of flat chaos dmg and more damage from DoT effects. PoB should give the best answer, but Hexblast has not yet been added to PoB :/
"
Would the build not benefit from Impending Doom Support from the extra damage in combination with Hexblast?

Doomblast is not worth the hassle on a DoT build, Hexblast is our main ignite source, so Doomblast adds close to 0 dps for us. Only Doomblast tooltip damage would apply, because we can't crit with it and the ignite from Doomblast is smaller than Hexblast, and only biggest ignites do damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info