[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

Saw Mathil playing something like this is HC. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm thinking 3.13 league starter. Do you think it would work and would it change much for 3.13 with new ascendancies ect?
"
Boosh25 wrote:
Saw Mathil playing something like this is HC. Looked like a lot of fun. I'm thinking 3.13 league starter. Do you think it would work and would it change much for 3.13 with new ascendancies ect?

If you want a smooth starter, I would go hexblast (archmage when you have enough mana) ignite trickster. Every other ascendency seems more up in the air. Non-ignite version still seems weaker as well at least for league start.
I've decided to league start this build for 3.13 but I have a few questions that I'd like help with. They relate to casting more than one curse with Vixen's.

I see the main four curses people are talking about are Flammability / Ele weakness / Despair and Temp chains.

My question is, why does everyone self cast flammability? Surely its better to be removing the Ele weakness with Hexblast and leaving flammability on as its a buff to chance to ignite?
The ignite dmg and duration are calculated when you ignite. So it doesn't really matters much which one you remove (dont remove temp chains)

But some people use enhance support in their vixen to boost the quality of the curses in the gloves. Ele weakness gives some extra resist penetration and despair more dmg. Flammability only gives longer ignites which is not as useful.
"
theanax wrote:
I'm also looking at using our new pretty ring, but I'm working on a occultist version of this.

What I need to work out is if scaling both fire damage over time AND chaos over time will work.

I was looking at the same thing.
But that doesnt work.

It was asked in the Q&A
It only scales of fire/burning stats not chaos stats.

You deal fire dmg still but they take chaos.

This means EE won't work as it goes off the monsters chaos resist. But since the base chaos resist on most monsters is lower anyway. It isnt as bad.
Also if you apply the wither buff you can get 90% increased chaos dmg taken by enemy (withering step gem can do this in maps and wither totem on bosses)

But ye i am looking at elementalist now.
free 100% ignite so no need for flammability/combustion gem just despair curse.
That opens up many options.
Last edited by aidanya on Jan 14, 2021, 8:56:17 AM
"
celeritas314 wrote:
"
Boosh25 wrote:

If you want a smooth starter, I would go hexblast (archmage when you have enough mana) ignite trickster. Every other ascendency seems more up in the air. Non-ignite version still seems weaker as well at least for league start.

In the build guide is says their isn't enough passive points to stack mana. Mathil was saying that was the direction he was going and now you have also suggested it. I'm a little confused? Do I just stack the mana of gear and not passives?
"
Boosh25 wrote:
"
celeritas314 wrote:
"
Boosh25 wrote:

In the build guide is says their isn't enough passive points to stack mana. Mathil was saying that was the direction he was going and now you have also suggested it. I'm a little confused? Do I just stack the mana of gear and not passives?

Don't worry about stacking mana or archmage until you get to maps and have some chaos to spend. Follow this guide or Mathil's build until then. You're then going to want to consider some mana stats on your gear and passive tree. Look to getting > ~6k mana that isn't reserved. Hexblast ignites, Archmage, Mind over Matter, and Arcane cloak (linked with Arcane Surge) synergize well together. I played Aniki_Leads_people's Ball Lightning Archmage Hierophant which uses most of these synergies (no hexblast ignites but ball lighting as primary instead). It was one of the best caster build's I've ever played. Stacking mana in the end game will not only help your damage but it'll also help your tankiness greatly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info