[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

So I am now just under a million Shaper/Sirius dps with my ignite on my toon. Well once I get my awakened burning damage gem slotted again. Darn Cospri isn't wanting to play nice with me when I am trying to color it still.

It took me awhile to reach this point, but doing well still. Running T16 when I have the maps. I am still pretty much a casual player and this build suits me well. I still mostly have garbo gear. Still the dps I have with 4K health and 1.6K ES is working out for now.

Some of what I have learned with playing around with the PoB

1% of Fire damage Multiplier ~= about 5% increased burning damage ~= 5% increased damage with ailments ~= 5% increased chaos damage ~= 5% increased fire damage ~= 5% increased damage ~= Adds 3 to 4 Chaos damage

Well I say 5% but it is more like 4.9% or so. Which basically means for jewels the best mod is 20% burning damage or 20% ailment damage. Then 4% fire multiplier. Unfortunately all those are suffixes so only 2 can apply. Basically the best jewel for dps is one with 20% burning damage (S), 20% ailment damage (S), 16% fire damage (P), 13% chaos damage (P). That is from what I can tell.

Good luck with finding a jewel like that. Will need corroded fossils as well to make one.

I am also toying with the idea of using a replica emberwake ring. The dps jump from one is MASSIVE. Makes ignites last basically a second. Which is basically as long as you have to wait on doomsday to have your hex reach max doom stacks. Which I would think would make bossing a lot faster.
I hope that helps everyone figure out what to prioritize for dps for items to maximize the ignite off hexblast.

I still say this is one of the cheapest starting builds to run through maps with.

Razor of Seventh Sun (I like this for damage and defense through life restoration early on). This is usually cheap even early in the league at 1 or 2 chaos. Of course if you find a good scepter early on with good elemental damage, fire damage, added chaos damage, damage over time, or fire multi that would work too.

Tabula Rasa or cheapie 5-6 link. Tabula for this league is dirt cheap around 5-6c but even in normal leagues is around 10-11c. Of course a cheapie 5 link should even cost a chaos or 2. Cheapie 5 link Cospri go for 1 or 2 chaos this league as an alternative. Was even cheap at the start of the league.

Eye of Malice for non maxed out stats is 1-3 chaos. Just get one to get going and buy a better one later.

Vixen entrapments are 1 or 2 chaos for a non maxed out one again. Doesn't really need to be maxed out either.

Windscream is 1 to 3 chaos for non maxed out stats. Although these are nice they are optional if using a Cospri.

Witchfire brew is around 10 chaos at the start of the league and is already down to 1 for a non max stat one. Literally the most expensive item at the league start for this build to make the build smooth.

Rest is rares for life + resistances early which should be easily found by anyone playing the game.

That's basically it to get going with this build. Can do up to early red maps without much issue with what I listed above. Then one can save up currency to start trying to min/max the build after that pretty easy. Basically what I've been doing. One of the fastest and smooth map clearing builds with the cheapest budget I've easily ever played. Perfect for a casual like myself. Even early in the league the prices were only a chaos or two more for the items I listed above in this league at least.
Last edited by Viscar on Oct 8, 2020, 8:36:58 PM
"
ojejku wrote:
Since I promised to share my version of archmage ignite, here it is, lvl 97 https://pastebin.com/qZkdHKWL, all gems amxed (5 lvl awakened), that is my current char gear, you can check my char in the profile as well, I just miss quality on my rings and belt vs the pob pastebin, I also decided to use 3 perma frenzy charges through jewellery stack. Sits at 6.43 mln ignite dmg and 28.2 mln dmg (4 seconds ignite with temp chains curse instead of punish/vuln) vs Sirus/Shaper.

Thats really nice. I've been also playing with archmage variant, just can 6L my Cloak. Did my own take of cwdt+brand to try and proc EO, stays up well in mapping but with bosses you need to take some damage for it. Didnt notice anything with impending doom and it felt the same without it. Maybe the damage from that is so insignificant.

Really wondering what to upgrade next:
https://pastebin.com/Z5MGyN2K

Seems like the alternative gem quality dont work on export. Managed to find a Divergent Hexblast with 23q.

Go for Large Cluster + another Medium, but that would require a lot of passive points. Or try out Healthy Mind jewel, but that would lower my Life a lot.

3M Ignite DPS is pretty okay, havent done any big bosses yet. Really like the regen from Agnostic. Gear is mostly like 10c rares, boots I made with the prophecy. Belt might be the most expensive piece since that set me back something like 30c. Managed to craft 1 medium cluster with fossils, but large cluster seems really hard to hit 3 notables.

"
muunisti wrote:

Didnt notice anything with impending doom and it felt the same without it. Maybe the damage from that is so insignificant.

From PoB, impending doom doesn't seem to add DPS anywhere. From what I understand it makes the "blast" bigger, but not sure if it just isnt' stacking with hexblast doing the same thing. Both gems have it listed so I am wondering if maybe the gem doesn't do anything? Enhance and Empower both add DPS to the hex being cast for the ignite. I believe support get added as well which basically pseudo adds more to the hexblast making it more like a 9 link gem.
Last edited by Viscar on Oct 9, 2020, 11:34:34 AM
Well after some experimenting with impending doom, I found it is useful. I don't believe that it is adding any damage, but without impending doom then anything tacked on to the self cast curse doesn't also go off. It is a pretty simple test.

Put summon phantasm support gem in the link with the self cast curse. Curse a pack and then hexblast. You won't get a phantasm pet to spawn no matter how often you try. Put impending doom in the link with the curse and when you hexblast you get all sorts of phantasm pets spawning.

Which makes me rethink my setup and maybe a staff would be better. This way one could put all sorts of buff/debuff support gems in with the self cast curse. I don't think anything adds to the damage of the hexblast or the ignite at all though. So things like ice bite support, summon phantasm, blind support, critical strike support (to have more consistent uptime with EO), power charge on crit, and others would all work. I made sure nothing affected damage by using elemental focus support which if it affected the hexblast portion would have stopped the ignites but it doesn't. Meaning you still get ignites with elemental focus linked to SC curse + impending doom when doing hexblast. Which is why I think impending doom itself doesn't add anything to the damage for hexblast. Basically what I think is happening is that the impending doom "hits" when hexblast is done, but the damage isn't being factored. So in essence you get two "hits" with one from impending doom and one from hexblast. Only the hexblast does damage though. Affects that happen from on hit can trigger off either though. I noticed I get far more summon phantasms spawning when I have it linked to both the curse and the hex blast than with either one by itself.

I hope this info helps people and maybe this and what I posted earlier about how damage is added for the ignite can make it into the OP build post :)

Last edited by Viscar on Oct 9, 2020, 2:59:32 PM
Purpose of Impending Doom is just to keep Elemental Overload buff active - its damage is not important. In my experience Hexblast alone does not crit frequently enough otherwise.

after 5 bricks in the corruption altar, I gave up and bought the base double corrupt for 5c,

then spent 350 jewellers+350 vaal for 6socket
then spent 1500 fuse and 1500 vaal for 6link
then spent about 900 chromes and 900 vaals (unlucky) to color

I am both disgusted at myself and this game.

"
Purpose of Impending Doom is just to keep Elemental Overload buff active - its damage is not important. In my experience Hexblast alone does not crit frequently enough otherwise.

With increased crit chance support it does do that. As I said, impending doom doesn't do any damage, but counts as a hit when hexblast is used. So you get 2 hits. It can crit even without damage. I have been testing with various bosses to see if there is any extra damage being done and I haven't seen it. POB shows nothing there either. Without impending doom though, there is no "hit" from the self cast curse being blasted with hexblast. So linking increased crit chance support doesn't do anything without impending doom. As I said, this is very easy to test with summon phantasm support. Link summon phantasm support with your self cast gem and don't have impending doom linked. Use curse then cast hex blast. No matter how many times you do this you won't get a phantasm pet to spawn. Once you link in impending doom with the summon phantasm support with the self cast curse then hexblast will start spawning phantasm pets when you use it to kill monsters you used the self cast curse on first.
Last edited by Viscar on Oct 10, 2020, 8:40:21 AM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

after 5 bricks in the corruption altar, I gave up and bought the base double corrupt for 5c,

I am disgusted I am not rich enough to do it myself! :D

How much of a dps boost is it?
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

Get divergent Hexblast now, it has a good weight so using regrading lens shouldn't be too expensive. Although you don't seem to be poor xD
"
DixuMixu wrote:

Get divergent Hexblast now, it has a good weight so using regrading lens shouldn't be too expensive. Although you don't seem to be poor xD

Ive never even heard of a regrading lens, where do those drop? Just anywhere?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info