[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

Need some suggestions on gear upgrades.

only thing I can think of is a despair or flamm curse effect Eye of Malice...really trying to squeeze out what I can from this builds.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

only thing I can think of is a despair or flamm curse effect Eye of Malice...really trying to squeeze out what I can from this builds.

you could replace the jewel above the witch starting area with Transcendent Mind.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

Warlord belt (either a stygian, or could just be a random belt since you have the lightning damage to spells on your shaper ring), and hunter amulet with +gem levels are two off the top of my head
"
Nithaya wrote:
Welp, I reached Sirus and got him down quite low

However, when he splits the arena into 4 quadrants that spin around, and then fires the big beam attack, I found it impossible because the beam would just follow me, hitting me every time no matter how I attempted to dodge.

One of the best things you can do in the Sirus fight is continually keep track of him. If he goes offscreen, immediately try and find where he is, as the best way to avoid the big tracking beam he does is by jumping behind him (he can only track you for a roughly 90 degree angle)

hi there,

im playing too that build. Love it!

got a question to a jewel:

WHAT U THINK OF IT? (bought for 80C)

>> are these 2 passives the best choice to have on medium-cluster?
and is +4% fire damage over time multiplikator much better then a +12% fire dmg passive add-up?

thanx!
Last edited by bridgR on Sep 29, 2020, 5:41:35 PM
Hello everyone I decided to give hexblast trickster ago since I heard good things and had some currency around. I could use some advice and it seems I should be doing way more damage just wondering if I am doing something wrong.
Any help I would be grateful, thanks in advance

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/kyPYwUGB
After trying out the gearing and what's been listed in the thread i switched to a archmage/arcane cloak version of hexblast with ignite and it feels much better. The only thing it still struggles with is bossing and harder metamorphs.

So, just finished my second Sirus (only T6 still, so take all this with that in mind) but thought I'd write up a bit about my experience so far.

There have been some posts expressing that this build couldn't scale into the late game, which is totally false. I quite easily have been farming juiced up, influenced, 40-60% delirious T15/16 maps. I've done Elder, Sirus x2, and 3/4 Shaper guardians (just can't find the damn Chimera map). My Sirus dps is 6.14m dps and there's still tons of places I could improve my gear.

The only map type I don't really run is '50+% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments' atm. I'm able to run hexproof maps too even into the late game, which is because of my first disagreement with OP. It's made out in the OP to be pretty menial of a difference if a map is hexproof, but I didn't find that the case at all, at least once hitting red mapping. Because of that I committed to Cospri's, which helped substantially, and because of that I didn't want to go CI (losing out on a high ES chest piece is just too much survivability dip for my taste).

I also pretty quickly came across the issue of single target feeling pretty bad while running a multi-curse version (the one I see a lot of people in here running) with vixens/windscream boots. Because of this I took OP's advice for gloves and used Fenumus' Weave w/ Aspect of the Spider. As of now I only run Flammability and the Despair from my witchfire for curses.

Another thing which I've found really nice and haven't seen mention of so far in this thread is the Stabilising Sceptre (which I currently am using) with Elemental Equilibrium on it. This allowed for an extra 5 passives which I could move elsewhere on the tree. Not sure how good this would be for ES builds, since the nodes I specced out of would be more ES loss, but as Hybrid it was no big deal at all to lose those + EE.
"
Phantasterei wrote:

So, just finished my second Sirus (only T6 still, so take all this with that in mind) but thought I'd write up a bit about my experience so far.

There have been some posts expressing that this build couldn't scale into the late game, which is totally false. I quite easily have been farming juiced up, influenced, 40-60% delirious T15/16 maps. I've done Elder, Sirus x2, and 3/4 Shaper guardians (just can't find the damn Chimera map). My Sirus dps is 6.14m dps and there's still tons of places I could improve my gear.

The only map type I don't really run is '50+% Chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments' atm. I'm able to run hexproof maps too even into the late game, which is because of my first disagreement with OP. It's made out in the OP to be pretty menial of a difference if a map is hexproof, but I didn't find that the case at all, at least once hitting red mapping. Because of that I committed to Cospri's, which helped substantially, and because of that I didn't want to go CI (losing out on a high ES chest piece is just too much survivability dip for my taste).

I also pretty quickly came across the issue of single target feeling pretty bad while running a multi-curse version (the one I see a lot of people in here running) with vixens/windscream boots. Because of this I took OP's advice for gloves and used Fenumus' Weave w/ Aspect of the Spider. As of now I only run Flammability and the Despair from my witchfire for curses.

Another thing which I've found really nice and haven't seen mention of so far in this thread is the Stabilising Sceptre (which I currently am using) with Elemental Equilibrium on it. This allowed for an extra 5 passives which I could move elsewhere on the tree. Not sure how good this would be for ES builds, since the nodes I specced out of would be more ES loss, but as Hybrid it was no big deal at all to lose those + EE.

thanks! some great ideas. Going to explore.

How did you calculate your sirus dps? I put your profile in POB and its not that much. ty

I went the MoM Agnostic Archmage. I'm at 3.6M shaper dps at 4.3k health and 8.5k mana. Up to Sirus 6 so far and just finished a Simulacrum 20. Big bonus of ignite is that your damage is always ticking. Lots of time to dodge. It was my starter, so it can be built up on a budget slowly.

Running flammability, temp chain, elemental weakness curses. Survivability is great with temp chain and Agnostic. If I don't get once shot through a 5k arcane cloak and MoM, I'm up to full life super fast. I think my last big dps jump is an essence worm malevolence or going dual wield, but I'm not sure it's worth the survivability hit.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/8WX1qsZM

I think the biggest dps jumps are for all builds are:

1) If you're self casting flammability, get the anomalous version and link it to an enhance 4. With the Skittering Runes node, this give you a max doom of 51. This is huge! Going from 40 doom to 50 is a 22% dps jump for me. It's then worth it to invest in doom gain speed.

2) Link the enhance 4 to phantasmal flame well to get -22% fire resistance fire exposure. For bosses this is huge because hexes have -66% less effect on shaper/guardians/sirus. Flame wall is also easier to get off than scorching ray or wave of conviction.

3) Keep an eye out for -fire resistance helms. Sometimes you can get a steal!

4) I went the scepter/shield route for a source of fortify/mana regeneration and shield charge.

5) Temp chains is a huge survivability tool! It also increases the duration of our ignites. The moment I tried it I didn't go back. It's super helpful if you're delaying for doom stacks to get a juicy ignite.

6) Can try out infernal cry if you have gem slots. Gives you covered in ash, an extra 12% damage taken for bosses.
Last edited by slane04 on Sep 29, 2020, 9:17:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info