[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

Please enlight me. Should increase spell dmg take the same priority as increase fire dmg, chaos damage?

As far as I understand. Hex blast deal chaos dmg and that initial hit dmg is change to ignite(fire) due to able to ignite. Using wand with spell dmg increase the dps of Hex Blast.

I'm still confuse about how ignite functional work. As in wiki said spell dmg didn't increase ignite dmg, but the hit dmg is convert to ignite... so it kind of double dip or something for fire/element dmg?
Slow in, slow out cuz I'm just a player.
--------------------------------------------
"
nnilfoest wrote:
Please enlight me. Should increase spell dmg take the same priority as increase fire dmg, chaos damage?

As far as I understand. Hex blast deal chaos dmg and that initial hit dmg is change to ignite(fire) due to able to ignite. Using wand with spell dmg increase the dps of Hex Blast.

I'm still confuse about how ignite functional work. As in wiki said spell dmg didn't increase ignite dmg, but the hit dmg is convert to ignite... so it kind of double dip or something for fire/element dmg?

Spell damage does not increase ignite damage. Spell damage increases Hexblast damage, yes, but ignite damage is not calculated using this
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 28, 2020, 6:07:44 AM
"
nnilfoest wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897612/page/4#p14474050

take a look at the diagram, ignite damage scales of base damage, not total damage of the hexblast.
"
Nikerym wrote:
"
nnilfoest wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1897612/page/4#p14474050

take a look at the diagram, ignite damage scales of base damage, not total damage of the hexblast.

In the case of Hexblast, we use this diagram

So our ignite damage scales off of these mods

-Increased Damage
-Increased Chaos Damage
-Increased Fire Damage
-Burning Damage
-DoT modifiers
(Brain fried try to understand the base chaos dmg+spell damage / add chaos dmg gem, so it just not that much worth compare to other one.)

Thank you very much. I think I understand much more with ignite now.
Slow in, slow out cuz I'm just a player.
--------------------------------------------
https://pastebin.com/yY7j49LF

Hit 90 today, re-specced to Large cluster + 2 mediums. For reference, the 3 clusters I use are about 1/4th my overall Ignite damage, but almost 1/2 my Ignite DPS with use of 2x Blowback + 1 Wasting Affliction and the other notables.

I spent a lot of time min/maxing today with the bit of currency I had and refilling a bit before going further. Probably going to take around 10-15 ex, but should be able to push it towards 3m Sirus DPS or 2.5m with more defenses, not committed yet.

I'm bad with initial map sustain so only done a handful of T16's, but mostly smooth apart from stuff on my end. Mostly following the advice given through the posts so far with some minor tweaks.
Started using this build and so far its awesome!
i wonder what kind of flasks you guys use
/
Does hexblast 40% damage helm enchantment scale ignite damage?
Currently blasting my way through the game with no problems. DPS feels good at the moment to me. When I played with the PoB, it finally got the updated needed to calculate hexblast ignite dps, I can get the dps up close to 5 mil with some changes and gear upgrades to what I have. Sitting at around 2 mil at the moment though. Most of the time just run around with temp chains and witchfire brew and zoom zoom zoom spamming hexblast only. Bosses I will curse -> blast -> curse to get them to melt fast enough. My only speed bumps are hexproof enemies until I can get my cospri colored right. This is one of the fastest clearing builds I've ever done. Also the cheapest.

Razor of the Seventh Sun -> 1c
Eye of Malice -> 2c
Tabula -> Dropped for free
Vixens -> 1c
Windscream -> 1c
Solstice Vigil -> 50c
Witchfire Brew -> 15c

Basically 70c build which doesn't take that long to farm up.

Everything else I found on my own. Really haven't even tried fine tuning it yet.

edit, got to run a few juiced up T11s finally. Walk in the part basically even with my sub par setup :)
Last edited by Viscar on Sep 28, 2020, 2:10:44 PM
"
etastra wrote:
Does hexblast 40% damage helm enchantment scale ignite damage?

It should, but Heist has been very buggy. And apparently Hexblast caps at 30 doom no matter how many +max doom things you have. But that's a rumour and I can't confirm it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info