[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
Nithaya wrote:

Just picked up these two for 2ex and 55c respectively.

Despair on hit, that's super nice!
I'm down to 160c so I'm probably going to try and buy some chromatics and roll the 4b1g1r on the cospri's and also buy an awakened added chaos.
"
Nithaya wrote:
I'm down to 160c so I'm probably going to try and buy some chromatics and roll the 4b1g1r on the cospri's and also buy an awakened added chaos.

Keep in mind the awakened added chaos need to be level 5 to be better than swift affliction. It's also easier to roll just 3 blues
Yeah I've rolled the 3b2g1r instead for now. Just need to fix up my resistances and attributes across my boots and jewellery.
I think I've discovered an insane interaction, but it's unfortunately not working, at least the way I think it should.

If I put fated end ring into my setup, I get 55 million ignite dps (not a typo)/8.5mil sirus dps

I believe POB is calculating based on my max doom being 50, multiplied by 2=100

which equates to 700% more ignite damage.

However it's not working in the way I thought it would be. I went to Act 10 and simply cast my doom on some mobs, and after 1 second, I expected them to hit max doom and then no longer be cursed after 0.5 seconds. However they kept their curse for the full duration instead.

The same thing happened when I unlearned 'Doomsday'

If someone can help figure this out or help me interpret, this might be the key we need to make this build absolutely destroy content, single target included.

//edit//

I think I'm wrong and it does work as intended. I took out all my other curses, and it does seem flammability goes away after 1.5 seconds.

The real question is whether it does insane amounts of damage if you get the hexblast off in the .5 sec...I need to test.

One side note:
It seems only the hex directly inflicted is the one thats affected by above, which is actually good for us. In our vixens we could have:
flamm
elemental weak
despair
<whatever 4th>

And pop alternate flamm for the big hex, and these 3 would all be applied for the full duration (15+ seconds)

//edit#2//
fated end has a typo "inflcit" but I still cant figure out if the damage is better or not...
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Sep 27, 2020, 7:54:12 PM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
I think I've discovered an insane interaction, but it's unfortunately not working, at least the way I think it should.

If I put fated end ring into my setup, I get 55 million ignite dps (not a typo)/8.5mil sirus dps

I'm pretty sure PoB is assuming you are manually casting the Despair and Vixen sockets while the ring specifies hexes that you cast. Unless the ring is bugged and works of trigger casts, only Flammability will be boosted and no where near the damage gain. Taking off Despair cuts damage from 50m to 16m for me.

You'll also have issues with double cursing Flammability. Assuming Flammability that is manually casted is higher so it doesn't get overridden and lose hex, then Flammability in Vixen would not do anything as there's a higher curse active. And then once the 1.5 seconds elapses, Flammability falls off and immediate damage loss.

If you make the ones in gloves higher, then I assume you lose the hex gain from manual curse, but not sure how that interaction works as we can't see hex stacks on mob so relying on damage differences to test.

It still gives me like 15% DPS increase with just the Flammability boost of an additional -35% res. But you'll miss out a lot of res, life, dex etc. And the cold/light to spells craft adds a nice chunk of damage too.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

I'm pretty sure PoB is assuming you are manually casting the Despair and Vixen sockets while the ring specifies hexes that you cast. Unless the ring is bugged and works of trigger casts, only Flammability will be boosted and no where near the damage gain. Taking off Despair cuts damage from 50m to 16m for me.

You'll also have issues with double cursing Flammability. Assuming Flammability that is manually casted is higher so it doesn't get overridden and lose hex, then Flammability in Vixen would not do anything as there's a higher curse active. And then once the 1.5 seconds elapses, Flammability falls off and immediate damage loss.

If you make the ones in gloves higher, then I assume you lose the hex gain from manual curse, but not sure how that interaction works as we can't see hex stacks on mob so relying on damage differences to test.

It still gives me like 15% DPS increase with just the Flammability boost of an additional -35% res. But you'll miss out a lot of res, life, dex etc. And the cold/light to spells craft adds a nice chunk of damage too.

So I think youre -probably- right but this opens up a whole different idea, where we have vixens for clear, and then some other gloves that have manual cast curses. I think along with using the Hex Master instead of doomsday, this would be a seriously insane single target damage no?

Rotation would be:
cast flamm/vuln/despair/elemental weakness, and by then flamm is already near max, doubled in potency (as the others are also getting there), and hexblast it at that point, then immediately recast flamm to get the benefits.

thoughts?

/edit/ tried this against hunter, it was really awkward and I dont like it. But I think theres something here to be min/maxed for sure to make crazy single target.
Last edited by SuckLord3000 on Sep 27, 2020, 8:45:09 PM
"
DixuMixu wrote:
PoB was updated and I'm very surprised at my dps. It certainly does not feel like 2.3m Shaper dps... Curse-on-hit rings still don't work so you gotta add the curse skill gem manually, level 8 or lvl 12 curse depending which tier mod you got.

https://pastebin.com/SWbraJjL

So, just an FYI, I would recommend not using curse rings, at least for now. I tried one out yesterday to bring up the uptime on flamm for the ignite, and hexblast stopped having it's initial doom explosion. I'm not sure why, but for some reason the on hit effect messes with your doom stacks. I'd try going without it for a bit and seeing if it makes as noticeable a difference for you as it did for me.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
/edit/ tried this against hunter, it was really awkward and I dont like it. But I think theres something here to be min/maxed for sure to make crazy single target.

Possibly, yes. I assume cursebots will make use of that ring and get some insane multipliers on their curses for other people to make use of.

As for us, it is going to mean levels of micro-management that I would have no interest in touching (unless it was a game like WoW where you could just run add-ons for timers and debuff watchers). More power to you if you want to time exact rotations that will spike your damage, but also nerf your damage when timed badly.

Before my network died a little while ago, I did a T16 map with Delirium, Breach, Beyond, and Temple and it went fine apart from lag deaths and I ended up with 6 stacks before Delirium expired. First build I've done that with without the use of Delirium orbs and boss died within like 5 seconds (not sure if under Delirious, it was close). The only issue was survival as Delirium still gives me anxiety whenever it is not an orb and I couldn't spot the Beyond bosses before they nuked me. And that was around 1.2-1.5m Ignite DPS? I'll be closer to 2m after I hit 90.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 27, 2020, 10:34:43 PM
I'm super comfortable with my damage now tbh.
Pretty much insta phase all the elder guardians, and global tier 83 metamorphs.

I think best rotation (if you dont have doomsday - which I think feels much smoother and gives +curse effect and AOE thats basically the whole screen) is Flamm -> blackhole/totem -> vulnerability -> hexblast -> flamm

If anyone has a better rotation pls discuss!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info