[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"

But im running Ele Weakness instead of despair, is despair better for ignites? First ignite build...

Mby i should add Doom blast with my self cast curse even though i only use it on bosses or hard rares. Is it an increase in single target dps to add Doom Blast?

Yeah, I have, and I recommend it.

When you pop Hexblast, the Curse with most doom goes away, with or without Doomblast, so your Ele Weakness does nothing for you for the ignite because it's been removed with the blast.

EDIT: I think I'm misunderstanding how Hex Blast works, so maybe I'm mistaken on this. Ele weakness might be the better option as it transfers its damage to the Ignite? Ill bet you're right.

EDIT 2: Eh, maybe not, Despair really ups all DoT which likely transfers to the ignite, so again as I said earlier, I'll leave it up to the people who know the numbers in this game better than me :) Either way, Despair seems to really pump up the damage.
Last edited by Dogfood87 on Sep 20, 2020, 11:44:06 AM
Wouldnt occultist be a more obvious choice?

Can hex hexproof enemies.

Higher curse cap

Another explody

Auto wither

Ez 60% chaos res, -20% chaos/cold res to nearby enemies.

We can use frostbite, ele weakness, despair and flammability.

Use despair as manual cast, the rest are socketed into vixen entrapment to autocast when we cast despair.

discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Wouldnt occultist be a more obvious choice?

Can hex hexproof enemies.

Higher curse cap

Another explody

Auto wither

Ez 60% chaos res, -20% chaos/cold res to nearby enemies.

We can use frostbite, ele weakness, despair and flammability.

Use despair as manual cast, the rest are socketed into vixen entrapment to autocast when we cast despair.

for a non-ignite version, yea probably
Hi, When i try to use ur Pob link it gives many errors and doesnt work
"
Tanqu wrote:
Hi, When i try to use ur Pob link it gives many errors and doesnt work

You need to use PoB Fork. Adds a lot of PoB enhancements.
I am currently leveling up and taking all the notes from this thread into account to help build out my Hexblast Ignite Trickster. I am a visual learner, so it takes more time to compute, and have been looking for streamers using the skill but none of them are trickster and only Nugi did an ignite version but with archmage so its hard to find extra advice. With that said I am looking at potential unique gear upgrades and wanted to know how you guys feel about a few items.

**Heretic's Veil helm with Flammability so you can hexblast on the go and always have -fire res up on mobs. This applies no doom obviously but you can use another curse for that.

**Windshriek Boots for an additional curse for witchfire/ helm /etc

**Vixen's Entrapment gloves for another additional curse and potential to multi curse for bigger dmg/ignites despair, eleweakness, punishment, etc

I also might try to pickup the extra curse from the tree but not sure if I should wait for CI to do that or just go for it now. If anyone has thoughts or good combos please let me know.
"
Dogfood87 wrote:
I'll let someone better with PoB/numbers figure out the details and if it's even better or not, but..

After taking Whispers of Doom, I'm running this with Despair alongside Doom Blast in place of Flammability and putting Flammability in with Blasphemy.

Obviously you could use a trigger wand or something to get the same effect and would likely work better.

That way Flammability generates no Doom and when we kick off Hex Blast it only removes the Despair and leaves the Flammability to let our Ignite chew up what's left.

Despair also adds a bigger pop to the Hexblast.

It seems to be working much better on Rares/Bosses so far.

Thoughts?

Maybe that is a good advice, I'm always trying recast flammability as soon as the hexblast explodes, and it feels honestly somewhat clunky.

So that's something to consider, but there is also the bonus effect on the flammability curse being self-casted, that we lose if we cast it with blasphemy.

So I don't know what is better on the math side of things.
"
TheLadyApoLLo wrote:

Maybe that is a good advice, I'm always trying recast flammability as soon as the hexblast explodes, and it feels honestly somewhat clunky.

So that's something to consider, but there is also the bonus effect on the flammability curse being self-casted, that we lose if we cast it with blasphemy.

Curious as to what bonus from Flammability you mean. If it's the Doom bonus, I don't think we care about that because you're getting your Max Doom from Despair.

Unless there's some other bonus I'm missing which is possible.

By the way, I just bought a 6L chest and this build is obliterating things in the later acts. I hope it lasts.
"
Dogfood87 wrote:
"
TheLadyApoLLo wrote:

Curious as to what bonus from Flammability you mean. If it's the Doom bonus, I don't think we care about that because you're getting your Max Doom from Despair.

Unless there's some other bonus I'm missing which is possible.

By the way, I just bought a 6L chest and this build is obliterating things in the later acts. I hope it lasts.

I'm talking about the doom bonus yes. (40% to 45% effectiveness on flammability)
Is that something we can just drop it like this?
Would it be better to use Despair on blasphemy and still try to manually cast it after the explosion?
Could Fan the Flames on a cluster jewel be a good replacement for using ignite prolif, maybe you could get more damage by replacing that for a different support gem? I can't tell if that's worth since I don't think PoB understands Hexblast yet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info