New and Reworked Classic Spells & Steel Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

"
Riftshadow wrote:
Nice looking spells, but.. they don't look like PoE. The game I remember from years ago was about simple spammable skills, customizable using supports. These skills seem to do too much and almost tell you how to play them with no much room to customization other than +%more damage supports. Also adding cooldown to everything, feels more like D3

I agree.
Last edited by lucksickle on Aug 2, 2023, 11:30:11 PM
Holy shit! This looks fucking sick! :DDD
Can't wait!
Thank you GGG for implementing new usable skills and reworking subpar old skills. I feel like we might actually see some build diversity this league. Looking forward to it for sure
Selfcast KEKW Some eggs and some fireworks. Cool, but slow.
Skills look good. Cant wait for the new league.

Wish GGG could give Shattering Steel and Lancing Steel a visual upgrade too...
I for one, have been waiting years for fireball to finally be what it should, GG GGG :)
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
"
omg finally a firestorm rework!! too bad the matrix is collapsing and i aint got no time for videogames any longer :(

I feel ya bro... I feel ya...
"
lucksickle wrote:
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
Riftshadow wrote:
Nice looking spells, but.. they don't look like PoE. The game I remember from years ago was about simple spammable skills, customizable using supports. These skills seem to do too much and almost tell you how to play them with no much room to customization other than +%more damage supports. Also adding cooldown to everything, feels more like D3

Nah man, I disagree.

This feels exactly like PoE. And PoE is all about options and variety and customisation.

What options, variety, and customisation primarily also means, is that not all skills need to be as mechanic-based to create a desired effect, (additional mechanics through uniques and supports that is), and not all skills need to shift to simple "just add damage" for them to work.

I think that is perfect. And good job to GGG. The true essence to customisation is giving people those options and variety. Not every build should need a bloody drawing board. It becomes pretentiously boring after a point.

On the fact that they do too much?
Maybe, we will have to test them out. Most of what I saw on the video to me looked like combinations with supports to get said results, and I don't think I saw a single skill that was not a 5 or 6 link and not the raw skill on its own.

On the fact they almost tell how to play with them?
Again, maybe, and like the above, is this wrong? Way too many skills I would say don't do enough or don't have enough character. You can argue that is PoE, ofc, I can argue that that is pretentious (imo). After a point, the basic skill ideas are done and tried, and you need to come up with some really funky designs to provide new ways to explore the game.

Which leads to the fact that they have no room for customisation?
Dude, you haven't even tried support combos with them and unique combinations, and you already know they have no room for customisation? lol. If anything, the last few batches of skills over the last leagues have become a lot more dynamic with a lot more customisability to them as they go on. Top of my head, lingering blades from blade fall and similar skills to animate weapons or burst blades, and that is just the first thing that came to mind and probably the smallest of all examples.

As for cooldowns..... Man, I think you need to disconnect with preconceived notions that are clearly not allowing you to enjoy games it seems. D3 does not own cooldowns as a mechanic. Its nothing new to PoE. Warccries been on cooldowns since the middle ages. Along with guard skills. Along with Vaal skills (a form of cooldowns after using them)... And it is a great way to create powerful skills and also play styles (Fist of War for example, really emphasizes slower hard hitting builds, and even if you make the attack speed fast, its nature still dictates that your dps is for slower hard hitting combat)

Idk bro, looks as PoE as ever to me and loving the evolution of the game to not keep it stale and stuck in the past, whilst not throwing out the past and its legacy either. At most, just update it some. I can't wait to test these out and figure out what cool things we can do with them.

Wow. This perfectly sums up the difference between PoE's old audience and it's current one.

Nice elitism. But I played D1... I played D2 and LOD was my bday present from my older bro as we played MP on that for years... I also played PoE since it started (you would know that if you even looked at my profile and when I joined before talking)... And I aint no 20 year old teen either. So keep your assumptions to yourself mate. Taste has nothing to do with "a new audience".

You know who else is loving all these updates? All my old school friends that played D2 as well including my bro.

I was the old audience. And I am the new audience as well.

Think twice before you start with the whole gate keeping mate. Its called nostalgia goggles. And no, games are not what they used to be, they are better. Don't like it? Go play D2, there are still servers running it. You're in luck, there are plenty remakes as well.
And while we are at it, aside from nostalgia goggles that have blinded some of you "gate keeper wannabes", it would be nice for the half of you to understand what options and customization ACTUALLY means.

And yes, it means exactly what I explained above.

The ability to have different choices.

And that includes both the skill types that said initial commenter enjoys (which I also enjoy), and new skill types that I am more than keen to check out before acting like some elitist "this aint what it used to be" party pooper.

Don't like a new skill? Don't use it.
Don't like the modern evolution the game is constantly getting for over half a decade? Then play something else period, you are in the wrong place.
firestorm looks decent for once! It alot of upfront damage now! And that new arc looks pretty damn sweet. Discharge with triple the damage, ok....but with a high cooldown? pass. and those steel skills? meh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info