New and Reworked Classic Spells & Steel Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

Man Crackling Lance needs a warning posted on the gem to go see your doctor if the erection lasts longer than four hours.

Salvo and the new Firestorm are pretty impressive looking too.

Steels skills are mechanically complicated enough its hard to get an idea for their effectiveness but I'm interested in messing with them.
i wonder if they will get dual 6links before poe2.
i mean 1 steel skill will be much better for single target
and the other for clearing so youre forced to swap or play a 2 handed weapon.
Just from the video you could tell that splitting steel was the steel skill with added flat damage was clearing way smoother than the other steel skills.
"
Cracking Lance Totems make me wet
they will be op totems if they dont nerf totems, again
D4 BAD Baseg
"
UmbraStar wrote:
Can I get an F for Jousis and his Cast When Damage Taken Firestorm loops.

F
Please show discharge ;(
What mtx did they use for the marauder there? looks nice
Nice Melee skills : )
"
Riftshadow wrote:
Nice looking spells, but.. they don't look like PoE. The game I remember from years ago was about simple spammable skills, customizable using supports. These skills seem to do too much and almost tell you how to play them with no much room to customization other than +%more damage supports. Also adding cooldown to everything, feels more like D3

Nah man, I disagree.

This feels exactly like PoE. And PoE is all about options and variety and customisation.

What options, variety, and customisation primarily also means, is that not all skills need to be as mechanic-based to create a desired effect, (additional mechanics through uniques and supports that is), and not all skills need to shift to simple "just add damage" for them to work.

I think that is perfect. And good job to GGG. The true essence to customisation is giving people those options and variety. Not every build should need a bloody drawing board. It becomes pretentiously boring after a point.

On the fact that they do too much?
Maybe, we will have to test them out. Most of what I saw on the video to me looked like combinations with supports to get said results, and I don't think I saw a single skill that was not a 5 or 6 link and not the raw skill on its own.

On the fact they almost tell how to play with them?
Again, maybe, and like the above, is this wrong? Way too many skills I would say don't do enough or don't have enough character. You can argue that is PoE, ofc, I can argue that that is pretentious (imo). After a point, the basic skill ideas are done and tried, and you need to come up with some really funky designs to provide new ways to explore the game.

Which leads to the fact that they have no room for customisation?
Dude, you haven't even tried support combos with them and unique combinations, and you already know they have no room for customisation? lol. If anything, the last few batches of skills over the last leagues have become a lot more dynamic with a lot more customisability to them as they go on. Top of my head, lingering blades from blade fall and similar skills to animate weapons or burst blades, and that is just the first thing that came to mind and probably the smallest of all examples.

As for cooldowns..... Man, I think you need to disconnect with preconceived notions that are clearly not allowing you to enjoy games it seems. D3 does not own cooldowns as a mechanic. Its nothing new to PoE. Warccries been on cooldowns since the middle ages. Along with guard skills. Along with Vaal skills (a form of cooldowns after using them)... And it is a great way to create powerful skills and also play styles (Fist of War for example, really emphasizes slower hard hitting builds, and even if you make the attack speed fast, its nature still dictates that your dps is for slower hard hitting combat)

Idk bro, looks as PoE as ever to me and loving the evolution of the game to not keep it stale and stuck in the past, whilst not throwing out the past and its legacy either. At most, just update it some. I can't wait to test these out and figure out what cool things we can do with them.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Sep 11, 2020, 1:32:49 PM
"
Aderahl wrote:
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:

...while, in making Warlord's Mark single-target-only, removing basically the only reasonable mana sustain option for 100% elemental conversion [melee] builds.

- 8 attack damage leeched as mana nodes on the tree

If they put one on the left half of the tree with 3.12 I'll withdraw the complaint; otherwise the word "reasonable" was in there for, well, a reason. :o)

[EDIT]

"
grayscaler wrote:

not to mention a single eternal mana flask covers 99% of attack based mana needs

...you do know flasks have finite charges, right? And I guess if one is willing to pretend having to time hitting a sixth button every three seconds is "reasonable" in order to have an excuse to be smug, one can justify anything.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Last edited by NoIguanaForZ on Sep 11, 2020, 2:09:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info