Curse Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

I try to understand:
- why do I need to self-cast curse on the pack of mobs?
- are there any benefits of doom when it casted on bosses?
So curses now, huh?
GGG is trying to balance game by target-killing op builds, but sometimes they forgot about collateral damage. A lot of builds will be dead because of this mindless nerfs - like in previous 3 or 4 leagues.
They made Hex more powerful if it's self-casted, but with clearspeed meta nobody will use it.
They added some skills that will work with hexes. And if there are still Hexproof nemesis/map mod those skills will be dead instantly. They don't have any secondary potential.
"Speedfarmers often use marks, so let's kill it!" Seriously? So now my melee characters are forced to spec away into mana leech nodes just because they can't leech via curse on hit mark?
Solo target curses WILL NOT BE USED. I'm 100% sure. They need to buff marks as hell to make it usable. Also, with current targeting system it's not possible.
GGG is talking a lot about "tactical" gameplay, they added stationary defence/offence skills, nerfed some speed-focused gameplay styles. And in the same time they making timed encounters where you don't have time for any tactical stuff, you forced to mindlessly rush.
And I just don't wanna talk about those death explosions that is absolutely against their "tactical-focused" changes.

Also, here is my question: will Hexes gain Doom at stationary rate (5 Doom points every second) or it will be bound to Hex duration (100 points at the end of Hex)? Can we gain Doom faster by reducing skill duration?
So marks will not work with blasphemy? Is that certain? And whats the point for them anyway, only boss use?

Sigh...I only have a few playing hours a week nowadays, and it's the same shit for me every time. By the time I get half way in adjusting a build, save currency and buy expensive gear, its long nerfed to shit, gear i bought becomes useless and process starts over...

Guess its time to switch to a game with some constants, because POE seems to be designed for jobless folk who don't leave their gaming chairs for months on end.

Problem is other games are trash these days.
Last edited by Аstyanax on Sep 10, 2020, 3:22:59 AM
So now in large group of monsters i need to aim just like with death mark!?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Sep 10, 2020, 3:18:39 AM
for the fkn love of god please change this godamn awful chaos explode sound already. i dont like it at all. i assume neither we all. like some donk builder claps 2 bricks togheter. disqustang. ears bleed

"Marks apply the curse debuff on a single target and cannot be applied to more than one target"

aw- you sons of bitches. again my ranger gets hammered. i cant play without ass mark. i mostly avoid bosses. just clearing maps. i dont like your forced perspective that i need to kill bosses. bcs those shitters give nothing good. some missions ? meh boring. alva boring jun boring niko usless boring einhar.

rework those godamn old missions.

synthesis harvest change for niko and zana,

then buff up with loot map bosses to arhive the win from zana missions. and we are done. all will be happy. guranteed.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on Sep 10, 2020, 3:54:10 AM
"
Dead4Knight wrote:
I try to understand:
- why do I need to self-cast curse on the pack of mobs?
- are there any benefits of doom when it casted on bosses?

cast on hit. cast on crit
fk archnemesis.
Marks being single target only has ... mixed impressions.

having a powerful single target debuff for boss fights has some potential, but as they are the mark skills are largely utility based spells. Projectile weakness is used to get pierce on builds where that is inconvenient, assasins mark is used almost exlusively as one of the primary means of generating power charges. Warlords and poachers mark were primarily used for sustain but there are enough sourses in the game that is a more acceptable loss.

It just seems to me that these were important utilities and removing them with a single target restriction seems less than helpful.

I would be more interested in seeing mark as a support ling, restricting the number of targets while boosting curse effect
Press F for assassin mark rings
"
SuperDrop wrote:
cast on hit. cast on crit

Are "cast on hit. cast on crit" counted as a "self cast".. I'm sure they are not.
So how do we generate charges without curses? It was the entry level to sustain power/end/frenzy. Another mechanic reserved by the top percent?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info