Curse Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

meh. nothing special.
<*)))><
"
ibugsy wrote:
What's with all the added extra chaos damage? If I'm running an elementatlist, why do I want chaos damage? Especially if the curse isn't related to chaos, e.g. Flammability, Conductivity, Elemental Weakness.

It feels like you are just setting yourselves up to nerf chaos damage at some point because everything is doing chaos damage, and mobs aren't as resistant to it overall.

Hex support gems should support the damage type being applied.

Also, the reason people don't self-cast is because you get swarmed so easily, or have to dodge incoming damage. Maybe rethink that mechanic.

GGG have repeatedly said they intend to take the game in this direction: 1 keystroke = 1 in-game action. Automating skills on other skills makes the game too easy. Manually dodging incoming damage while selfcasting spells with improved efficacy is the way forward.

Making some of the more potent curse skills single-target means your observational skills and critical decision making under pressure will be put to the test. It also reinforces manual agility over aimless spamming - and adds a new layer of risk to using curses since you are likely standing still while picking your target. This is by design.

As for all the extra chaos damage, it's not as easy for players to scale the way it's delivered. Many of these blast effects are based on a fixed value per target, or the base HP of the target, and explicitly say they aren't affected by weapon or player damage mods. This keeps the excessive chaining down to a dull roar.

On the other hand, in the future some monsters may use these new skills and the added chaos will give players yet another reason to invest more into chaos resist. I could see some iteration of Doedre being reworked with a timer aspect to the fight, where if you don't have a plan for removing curses or being curse immune, the Doomsday Clock will run out and you'll die instantly, or something like that.

The devs are fond of timers, and especially timers that require wealth and resources to overcome.

Or punishing you for using curses mindlessly by creating rare monsters that use Hex Blast to DD their packmates on your location when they become cursed, so you think twice before spamming or automating curses.

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Maybe I'm missing something or am I just not overreacting looking for nerfs when there aren't any?

Curse on Hit Rings are still automating the same charge generation as before...

So today you use Tornado Shot to curse a pack of monsters with Assassin's Mark and generate 3 charges or more. Then on the next pack, you are still max Power Charges, so your charges regenerate. Pog.

After the "nerf", you will use Tornado Shot and it will mark one mob, assuming it will still grant at least one Power Charge. At this rate, after attacking a whopping 3 times you're already at max charges... then it refreshes each pack automatically even if it only marks one mob.

The nuance is basically non-existent. Based on what we know today, this doesn't seem like a problem.

Plus, that's not even considering the possibility that it is buffed on bosses where previously the curse on hit was negligible but now it being a mark only makes it better?

I must be going crazy.
"
Punishment
Punishment has now changed to provide benefit for a greater variety of builds. It no longer causes you to gain bonuses when monsters hit you but instead curses monsters to take increased damage when they are on low life. This synergises with the second effect that Punishment now applies which causes monsters to explode, dealing a percentage of your overkill damage to monsters around them. In addition, if cursed monsters hit you, they get debilitated (a debuff that causes enemies to deal less damage and have less movement speed) for a duration.

These changes make Punishment much more useful and a more well-rounded curse, with mostly offensive capabilities as well as a defensive component to it in case monsters are able to get close to you.

more useful, more well rounded? for who? summoners?

this curse is USELESS for melee - like pretty much everything in this game nowadays. it will be a source of 'explody effect' for builds with 2+ curses.

such a fiasco of a rework: useless vs bosses (more damage between 35% and 10% (cull)), useless vs thrash (reveal wording suggest it cannot explo-chain). all it does is gives summoners explosions - previously it was 'you kill' so summoners couldnt use some explody sources.

just delete this gem, it is getting WORSE with each rework
How will curse immune be affected by all these curse abilities. Hard to make a curse centric build if some guys are curse immune (not hexproof)
"
Maybe I'm missing something or am I just not overreacting looking for nerfs when there aren't any?

Curse on Hit Rings are still automating the same charge generation as before...

So today you use Tornado Shot to curse a pack of monsters with Assassin's Mark and generate 3 charges or more. Then on the next pack, you are still max Power Charges, so your charges regenerate. Pog.

After the "nerf", you will use Tornado Shot and it will mark one mob, assuming it will still grant at least one Power Charge. At this rate, after attacking a whopping 3 times you're already at max charges... then it refreshes each pack automatically even if it only marks one mob.

The nuance is basically non-existent. Based on what we know today, this doesn't seem like a problem.

Plus, that's not even considering the possibility that it is buffed on bosses where previously the curse on hit was negligible but now it being a mark only makes it better?

I must be going crazy.

Charge generation isn't the only thing it does
Rip charge generation.
Further feedback:

- that 'Punishment' presentation in video is clear as day: this skill is 100% useless. it did NOTHING in that video. it is getting riddiculous how little respect you have to melee playstyle and melee toolbox.

you present a curse that benefits via higher damage when on low life and use EQ to 'showcase' it? like wtf? these mobs died in one hit anyway, cursed or not cursed. what is the benefit this curse gives again?

maybe you do not know - but to benefit from low-life effect you have to BE on low life. one shot mobs are not on low-life, nor they are stunned etc.

this curse to have ANY effect forces player to hit a mob TWICE.

great explody source for summoners (altho most minions have higher per-hit damage than melee PLAYERS), WORTHLESS for everyone else

- Marks.. it is dishonest at this point. there are no MARKS. there is one MARK now: assassins mark. remaining two (warlords/poachers) have ZERO use already and wont have ANY use after this change. warlord died the day you allowed enduring cry automation, poachers was never alive

- in general: your mistake was to let automation take hold. what you are doing now is awkward and doesnt feel polished at all (Punishment rework.. oh boy what a flop)
lucky they didnt nerf my curse build
"
y562565 wrote:
lucky they didnt nerf my curse build

If the current value is now the maxed out value, it got nerfed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info