Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

posted like 6 hrs ago and this thread has only 13 pages?

hmm
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I was looking forward to see what this next league will bring since I just really really could not deal with Harvest. Then this came out, and it just kind of feels too similar. It feels weird to say that my favorite game is just kind of losing it's edge. These types of leagues are just a little off for me for this kind of a game. I would much rather see some sort of deeper engagement with boss and monster mechanics that make things more difficult, and NOT the immune phase junk.
I love you POE, but I am going to most likely wait this one out :(
Hm, it seems similar to Syndicate in a way, could be fun tho weird compared to the story- like who the heck is rich and strong aand alive, so we need help to break his vault? xD
Not fan of those league-specific support items that will only take tab space and could be useless after league's end but wont complain until nerf notes 2 weeks later.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
Will give it a try,but i sure don't like empty "standard" maps.
"
I started reading this and what came to mind was the minigame in one or more of the Assassin's Creed games where you recruited NPCs and deployed them on missions that happened over time in the background. Which got me really excited, because I loved those minigames.

After watching the intro video, that's clearly not even remotely what Heist is. I'll probably give it a shot anyway, but the micromanagement, time investment, and heap of mechanic-specific item types makes me worried this is going to feel more like a slog than a fun addition to the game.

I'm familiar with the system you're talking about; Star Trek Online and Secret World Legends have their own analogues to it. And there's no reason it can't exist here, too. Sure, we're introduced to a particular pool of NPCs in this promo video, but who says that's the entire roster? For example, let's say there's a 'sapper' class of crewmember who specializes in neutralizing traps. While all of them can neutralize all trap types, some might deal with certain types faster than others, so your choice for a given heist would be affected by what you know about its defenses.

So you've picked out who's going with you on the job; what happens to the rest of the crew? Well, that's where the system you describe comes in: you can send them on missions which take place in the background as you play. Among the benefits from said away missions would be that they gain experience as well (just how much an away job nets as opposed to a heist is a discussion I'll set aside).
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
why do you make the npc sexier than the characters that we play ?
And tbh your supporter mtx look pathetic . They look so lousy that don't even worth the money
path of exile modernwarfare next expension ?
Looks trash, see you next league.
"
cgexile wrote:
posted like 6 hrs ago and this thread has only 13 pages?

hmm

People who mostly post in this kind of post are:

New Players - because this is new to them, they are the one getting most excited.

Haters - will pick something to complain about & exacerbate the issue to get traction & following.

Most veterans who have nothing to complain about will just digest the info & carry on. This is the downside of the "scheduled release". It became a habit & people who played this game for years are getting accustomed to that every quarter we got new "news" to play.

And for people who has genuine interest & question about the new league will not bother post here & instead post it on reddit becuase they have a higher chance of response from the dev.

"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Firestorm buff / threshold jewel incoming.

I likes.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info