Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

looks pretty sick
doot
Really excited about the new league - at what point in the game does it start? Are the rumors of Heist not being available till endgame true?
40/40
[Removed by Support]
Heist looks kind of cool, but it doesn't seem like my cup of tea. It reminds me of the Player-Owned Ports from Runescape, which I like in Runescape but the whole Heist idea seems kind of played out as expressed by Dan Harmon (creator of Rick and Morty), who in Season 4, Episode 3 of Rick and Morty (yes I know, crucify me for watching Rick and Morty), states Rick Sanchez's disdain for heist movies made by filmmakers, such as David Lynch, basically pointing out how most heist movies have confusing and pointless plots.

In the middle of explaining a plot a character on the show made for his screenplay for a heist movie, he states "My heist movie is kind of all built around a big crew, with like a cool double-cross and then this big awesome twist where there's like another double-cross, but then it's revealed all those things were a part of the hero's plan and then a different big crew comes in, and their plan is to sort of not have a plan, but that was part of the other guy's plan" in a way to jokingly exemplify how most heist movies play out in the film industry.

I am NOT saying this his how PoE's story will play out with Heist league as I think Heist will likely be decent, just saying that the whole notion of heists is kind of played out, but it can be done right I guess.

Anyway, that being said I think I will be skipping 3.12 and just come back when Harvest is rebalanced and core again. Harvest made me realize how the leagues before Harvest were all kind of the same, where it just involves you killing things without putting in much of any thought into anything. Killing is fun in PoE, don't get me wrong, but it does get rather boring after a while. That is why I and others spend time decorating hideouts instead as a nice side activity to do, and then making of the garden and planting seeds as well as the flower mechanic with the seeds and the awesome t4 boss fights and Oshabi that you would look forward to, finally felt like a breath of fresh air in PoE.

I was understanding of the decision to not make Harvest go core because of the harm it would do to the game's economy and burnout with the changing of mods on armor and weapons, but I thought at the least GGG would see value in making the garden itself go core and keeping the nonharmful crafts like changing your gear's color, sockets, links, infused beachheads that came with upgradable harbinger uniques, infused labyrinths that came with fun new difficult and belt enchants, infused currency like infused engineers orbs, facetor len's (amazing for transferring exp from one gem to another), new bestiary lures that allowed you to specifically target certain beast, winged scarabs, etc.

People might argue that the garden to them is something they don't like or don't want to do every league, but these were all complaints about previous league mechanics that people are not used to yet and then later once devs decided to get rid of them, people later on complained and it was brought back (bestiary for example, people at first said they did not like bestiary, but they brought it back, just without the nets, which was a good compromise at least).

Even all of this aside, I don't get how the devs can put out something fun and creative like the garden in the game, get people used to its mechanics and not see the value in making it core with 3.12, but then other leagues like Delirium, Metamorph, etc. get put core easily into the game, because it doesn't take as much effort to balance into the game and also because it fits the genre of an ARPG more. I was fine with this cutting of content from the game happening the first couple of times, but I don't want to feel this same thing anymore again, where at the end of a league, I'm just told all of this fun content I played will be gone or "introduced again in the future", which means most likely a very long time before it is brought back and who knows how much altered into what it was originally, which people fell in love with.

Anyway, apologies for the long read, but those are just my gripes currently. I'm sure 3.12 will be amazing, but I think I'll come back to the game at a later time. See you guys after Heist league.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back: 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Sextants, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Perandus, Metamorph, Scourge, Sentinel, Kalandra & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game.
I'm happy there is a purple-themed supporter pack/portrait frame this time around. I only started a couple leagues ago so I don't have much variety.

Cant wait for blue-like one though. I absolutely love the Sentinel Overlord ones but was not playing PoE then.
pog
looks nice!
The Italian Job just became, the Kiwi Job. We're gonna be filthy rich!
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have." -Thomas Jefferson
Lookin really good, can't wait for those new gem and item options;)

Also the expansion mechanic reminds me a lot of betrayal, which i think we will enjoy substantially

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info