Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

Heist is not speed clear content, right?

I hope Heist is a content that will more reward who play slow and careful it than grind enemies quickly with zoom zoom build.
New league looks cool.

But I'm hoping for something better than any league mechanic: performance improvements.

If there's significant performance improvements, the league mechanic could be literally nothing and it would still be my favorite league. As it stands the game is barely playable on my pc, it's like an endless loading screen except I'm allowed to walk around while everything's still loading. If it gets any worse I'll have to quit altogether, so please make it better instead.
doot
Can I hire Vegan to help me steal artifacts :p

Can the new Doom skill work with Bane? From the description I assume not...so they may behave like Storm Brand and Penance Brand?

Also the new Archmage variant is good to try with FP totems if it is not so difficultly accessible...
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
Jayjthejet wrote:
"
TOP_Commander wrote:
Great, new league...

After Harvest and empty maps and no currency drops, I expected the next league to repair that damage to the ARPG genre by giving us a Legion-Like league or similar.

Does that mean that Harvest had empty maps and now Heist League will also have empty maps?

Playing Harvest was very very boring in "Action-RPG" terms.

Crafting was OP

Garden was Cancer

Maps were empty and there was no usable loot

Now it feels like Heist is another league with empty maps AGAIN?

Heist is like Delve, its outside of the actual game.

Dont get me wrong its great... and the Pandemic makes it hard to make exciting content but you cant just make maps be all empty two leagues in a row...

Yeah... Tbh I was expecting a league that was actually "map worthy", something really action packed (Legion/Delirium). But I'll give it a try (prob just getting some challenges rewards, maybe a portal if it has one), don't have anything better to play anyway.

Why are they doing this.. meh

I just want this A-RPG to be packed with action
Last edited by jyurm on Sep 1, 2020, 10:37:03 PM
Heist aka "non-Harvest League #1", an ordinary environment where you're not allowed to create good things. Sponsored by Tibet™.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Sep 1, 2020, 10:36:26 PM
finally you can hire syndicate members :)
This account is only for feedback and suggestions.
ugly supporter packs wierd looking league oh god dont tell me i have to be without poe for next 3 months
My three most favourite leagues in terms of real-time isometric action combat and Loot hunt (which is the whole point of playing an ARPG):

Legion - In every map, we were in control, slow-down, dangerous but rewarding
Metamorph - In every map, we were in control, slow-down, dangerous but rewarding
Blight - In every map, we were in control, slow-down, dangerous but rewarding

Worst recent leagues in my opinion from an Action-RPG perspective:

Delirium - Rewarding but Rippy and frustrating AF due to invisible BS after-death mechanics. We were running like idiots to not get instagibed by invisible after death BS, and then had to back track the whole map to pick up loot. Fog tech was nice, but not suited to cover the whole screen 24/7, and the spawning monsters sharing the same colour palette with the fog. U guys could have done some cool fog-global-volumetric-illumination effects which would have made it much much better in terms of visuals and also user-scene-interpretation of dangerous objects versus environmental effects.

Harvest - Garden pure cancer, Crafting OP AF, rest of the game thrown back to before there were expansions. Boring AF mapping. Loot was effectively turned OFF, since drop rates are balanced around leagues where league-mechanics provide the majority of the loot during questing and mapping. Since maps were empty and there was no league mechanic in maps, there was no loot. Fail...

PS. I hate that POE is "zoom-zoom". The speed meta in POE is pure BS and I hope combat will slow down and become more meaningful in maps especially. That being said, one-shot mechanics where players get oneshot to random BS also need to go. The HP pool of both monsters, bosses, and players needs to be affected dynamically with plenty of time to react. Going from 100% to zero in a millisecond is just PURE BS, both for monsters and players. Also Bosses with invulnerability phases need to go, this is BS. Especially when bosses can one-shot and damage players during their invulnerability phases. Sirus fight is pure cancer in terms of boss and environment mechanics.
Last edited by TOP_Commander on Sep 1, 2020, 10:52:20 PM
here we go
Looks pretty garbo! Can't wait to not play another season of POE!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info