Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

I started reading this and what came to mind was the minigame in one or more of the Assassin's Creed games where you recruited NPCs and deployed them on missions that happened over time in the background. Which got me really excited, because I loved those minigames.

After watching the intro video, that's clearly not even remotely what Heist is. I'll probably give it a shot anyway, but the micromanagement, time investment, and heap of mechanic-specific item types makes me worried this is going to feel more like a slog than a fun addition to the game.
Saw the title screen, started reading the promo materials for the new league, and found myself saying "WTF am I reading" so much that I felt a bit like Ronald McDonald.

I know some people are excited for this... mechanic. I am not one of them.

I'm not a big fan of heist movies. I definitely did not get into PoE saying, "Gosh! I sure hope I get the chance to feel like Michael Caine in The Italian Job! That'd be pure distilled ARPG goodness straight out of the condenser coil!"

I think the odds are really good I'm not even going to start a character in any of this league's incarnations. Seems to me like those three months would be better spent struggling valiantly to get a hardcore character to level 90, interspersed with running my trio of Templars through the SSF Standard Twilight Strand (I promise the alliteration is accidental) in a (doomed?) effort to get an Oni-Goroshi, because why not?

Oh, and the supporter packs? Wow. $30 for a character effect, and $60 for the character effect plus an armour set? Seems a bit miserly to me, even by GGG's well-established standards.

I think I might need to put $35 of the money I'm not spending on those supporter packs toward Last Epoch instead... but I'm straying off topic a bit.

As far as the league goes: I'm definitely not a fan of leagues where the "action" in ARPG becomes "hot non-stop spreadsheet action". Don't get me wrong; I dig me some spreadsheets... just not when I'm wanting to see if I can make a build work even half as well for me as it does for the person who built it.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
meh
Great, new league...

After Harvest and empty maps and no currency drops, I expected the next league to repair that damage to the ARPG genre by giving us a Legion-Like league or similar.

Does that mean that Harvest had empty maps and now Heist League will also have empty maps?

Playing Harvest was very very boring in "Action-RPG" terms.

Crafting was OP

Garden was Cancer

Maps were empty and there was no usable loot

Now it feels like Heist is another league with empty maps AGAIN?

Heist is like Delve, its outside of the actual game.

Dont get me wrong its great... and the Pandemic makes it hard to make exciting content but you cant just make maps be all empty two leagues in a row...
Can we rename the new Steel skill to "Herald of Steel"
Will guild stash carry over from standard now just like the personal do?

Kindly increase the occurrence of Delirium to 33%-50% making normal game feel eventful again.
Last edited by DeviDaylight on Sep 1, 2020, 9:43:34 PM
The new league looks amazing! well done GGG!, can't wait! :D
"
TOP_Commander wrote:
Great, new league...

After Harvest and empty maps and no currency drops, I expected the next league to repair that damage to the ARPG genre by giving us a Legion-Like league or similar.

Does that mean that Harvest had empty maps and now Heist League will also have empty maps?

Crafting was OP

Garden was Cancer

Dont get me wrong its great... and the Pandemic makes it hard to make exciting content but you cant just make maps be all empty two leagues in a row...

Yeah... Tbh I was expecting a league that was actually "map worthy", something really action packed (Legion/Delirium). But I'll give it a try (prob just getting some challenges rewards, maybe a portal if it has one), don't have anything better to play anyway.
Interesting but I'm not hyped.
"
TOP_Commander wrote:
Great, new league...

Crafting was OP

Garden was Cancer

Exactly!

Syndicate vol.2? no thx.
Next league about RNG, !trading! plans, !trading! alt. uniques, !trading! alt. quality gems and ofc, that need more place in stash.

Maybe chinese Tencent support chinese farming bots? I dont know :(

Iam not hyped. Dont know, if i wanna play this league (couse HC)
I join in the ARPG club, where we want kill new monsters on maps and have fun.
No x hours planing some tunnel in the Bank, where RNG fck you. But ofc, you can BUY it ...
Dont get me wrong, this league looks cool. But im not gonna waste my time running delirium maps again..Deli was good but not good enough to play it for 9 months lulw
I just dont get why ggg cant make a content accessible right on/from the map. Im not talking about primitive mob explosion like legion monoliths, but something that's affecting all the map itself. Like a deli but without rush (this was cancer af)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info