Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

On the first glance Heist looks very complex, so I'm a little bit scared. :) On the other hand I'm very happy with almost every league mechanic, which is not as boring like Harvest! I just played the league until now because I had my very first HH drop and want to enjoy it!
Last edited by PacklFalk on Sep 1, 2020, 7:29:01 PM
I feel the supporter packs ae lacking a weapon effect. We went from back attachments + weapon effects to a character effect. I don't think that's too good, no matter the rampage effect on it
"
60x7 wrote:
Looks interesting.

Indeed it does. For one, I am curious as to whether or not a 'ghost' heist (get in, grab the MacGuffin, and exfiltrate with zero kills and zero alerts) will be possible; if it is, that should net a hefty bonus...

While I am amused to see what appear to be the Scientist and Project MTX being used for some areas and NPCs, I was at the same time reminded of a persistent annoyance not exclusive to PoE. "What's that?" you ask. The fact that there are weapon types (crossbows and spears) that human(oid) NPCs use - there're even animations for them - yet they do not exist as weapons player can use. Why is that? Mechanically, I imagine that when compared to bows in a given tier, crossbows would trade fire rate for an increased probability of stun and knockback; spears could be represented as 2H versions of rapiers (interestingly, the Vile/Foul/Judgement staves do look like they could be a form of guandao/yanyuedao...)

I understand Romulas19's concern about supporter pack contents, and will add this: it is puzzling that armor sets do not always include corresponding shield skins, and that when they do, they are not included in the bundles (Zenith comes readily to mind as an example).
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Def beyond stoked for this. It'll only be my second league, but my goodness am I hooked.
Last edited by StevenT619 on Sep 1, 2020, 7:35:39 PM
URgggggGhhhhH!!!!!

Why cant the new bloat just drop from normal mobs instead of being gated being a boring mechanic that'll have half the players leave in the first week?

Why oh why does bloat need to be gated?

Just make the new season bloat drop normally and don't put so much wasted effort into a mechanic we all know, no-one is going to want to play.

Edit: Also agree the supporter packs this season as horrid. That helm, the purple eye of sarumon is bad, so bad. You need to actually buy another helm MTX to replace it yikes.
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
Last edited by Ringx on Sep 1, 2020, 7:46:19 PM
A league that you have to stop, plan and not simply run around as fast as you can to actually interacr with its mechanic?

People is going to hate it...
Feels weird something that to be added to the game, didn't feel very hyped after the video, hopefully it turns out other way, whenever we'll get a chance to play the new league.
I had 2 weeks leave tentatively booked for the league start, but after seeing and reading "heist', I just advised work to cancel.

I'd rather go back to work than Heist.

Can we have harvest back now.

Edit, Ichimonji league OP
Last edited by Clannard on Sep 1, 2020, 7:52:05 PM
im ok with it probably getting 24 challenges and whatever replicas looks better, maybe trinkets if they stay in core.
but i will seriously wait for the first patch/es before even attempting to play the league, this mechanic will be plagued with bugs and half implemented features
This looks awesome <3

Super excited to play this league and learn the cool Heist mechanics!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info