Path of Exile in the Epic Games Store

"
gandhar0 wrote:
Hasn't EGS only a 12% store cut compared to Steams and Apples 30% ?

That would explain why Gearbox did an EGS exclusive with Borderlands 3 last year (for 6 months).

They also offer a buttload of cash for exlusives, but most controversial is that they do this to about to release game, games that have been released or kickstarted games.

One example would be Phoenix point wich was kickstarted funded and developed but a few months before release they change from multiplatform to epic exlusive only. Stating that they could loose most backers money and still make it back with what they got from epic.

Generally it is this poaching and trying to get this exlusive war going on pc that annoys peopel, that and their atrocius security and subpar platform, for years you could not even check out more than 1 item at a time .etc.etc.
While I don't care for Epics business practices or their client, this could at least bring more people into the game.
Well, it's not like it can get any worse that being owned by we know whom.
Last edited by lobsterphobia on Aug 28, 2020, 4:25:11 AM
Epic Store is an anti-consumer platform. But whatever I don't really care.
I do wonder if and how much Fortnight money GGG got from them to do this.
Also Epic store is not separated from the PC community what are you talking about ...
"
dontplease wrote:
POE coming to MAC... and EPIC.... sounds like something big is coming... something rly big... something maybe POE2.... (I feel like a crazy person screaming on the street corner saying "WAKE UP PEOPLE! THE END IS NEEAR!!")

POE2 was announced ages ago...
It's sad to see, that GGG support such cancer as epic game store...
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
Tencent store kekw
Please GGG

No exclusive deals with Epic !!!

These exclusives deals are always against us, the consumer. :(
"
v0gelfrei wrote:
Please GGG

No exclusive deals with Epic !!!

These exclusives deals are always against us, the consumer. :(

Any commercial practice is NEVER in favor of the final consumer.

As for me, I have never been interested in epic game stores, so the news leaves me indifferent.
And I don't think they give any exclusivity (at least some trivial mtx), already having steam as a support.
"
skiewthax wrote:
Tencent store kekw

uhm, tencent game in tencent store? kinda makes sense they would do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info