Path of Exile in the Epic Games Store

You hear that? It's the waaaaaaaaaaaaambulance coming to tend to all your puffy red eyes from all the crying in these forums. Not a single announcement can be made without a mountain of salt being thrown on it. Best of luck to GGG and may POE have a brighter future going ahead and 100 times more exposure and attention. They deserve it.
The Epic Store version will have a better way to patch the game? If so, I'll make the move.
Oh boy, here we go.
Last edited by eduardo9723 on Aug 28, 2020, 12:19:16 PM
tbh doubt ggg get's more players with this xd maybe a few at most
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
dontplease wrote:
POE coming to MAC... and EPIC.... sounds like something big is coming... something rly big... something maybe POE2.... (I feel like a crazy person screaming on the street corner saying "WAKE UP PEOPLE! THE END IS NEEAR!!")

But this is only the beginning exile.
On the one hand I am glad that GGG is continuing to expand who can play the game. You have done a lot in this regard. I hope that it has paid dividends.

On the other hand Epic has an atrocious record of crapping all over their customers. This is wholly the opposite of how GGG has been. I have been around since open beta, watched all the effort you put into the community in your aspiration to make that $$$. It is well deserved.

If GGG makes poe Epic exclusive, I will drop this game like a worn out hat.
well ... don't really care BUT
We know Tencent have a massive investment into both GGG and Epic Games ... so ok no problem but please don't remove it from Steam .
"
"
Sparriz wrote:
Guess they could not offer enough for an exlusive

OR GGG knew if they tried to remove it from Steam and standalone they'd shed tons of existing players.

Tbh I'm not sure that anyone who hasn't already heard of it will hear about POE via Epic. They've really not been trying if they haven't heard of it by now anyway.

The majority of players don't use Steam, but it would definitely hurt way more than it helped, if they went exclusive to Epic. Epic may not bring many, but adding marketing channels is always smart. Just having PoE pop up in more stores can get more people to give it a try.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Cool, but why not.

It wont hurt anyone, but im not sure why would someome want to use thei launcher.
I am not a Steam fan, but the majority of the games I use are through Steam. Hate Epics exclusive marketing ploy. Currently I am leaning towards Gog for any new games I am interested in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info