Path of Exile in the Epic Games Store

Any ETA on when to expect epic exlusive league rewards/mtx/supporter packs?
...WHAT in damnation have you done?...

Real Talk:
1. You create a rlly amazing game that is even difficult for hardcore genre fans
2. Over the Years you implement many great ( and also some not so great things). but always improving and upgrading your game.
3. You also release the game on steam platform that has alot of influence in the gaming market and staying years with it.
4. You currently released Harvest league that makes the (sometimes) very difficult crafting system alot more accessible for NEWCOMERS and casual gamers.

5. Now you not only decide to NOT implement harvest to core (immediately) that i can partly understand but also cancelling years of loyalty to steam.

And yes i call it loyalty. its not like you remove the game from steam, but releasing the game on the competitor's platform feels alot like treachery.

This is just my personal opinion, but i dont think you'll get like "alot" out of this....

Just remember what happened to borderlands 3.......
Last edited by Nyoshushu on Aug 28, 2020, 4:56:49 PM
So South African servers....When will that be happening?
Any way to increase awareness and population pool is a good thing imo.
"
Nyoshushu wrote:
5. Now you not only decide to NOT implement harvest to core (immediately) that i can partly understand but also cancelling years of loyalty to steam.

And yes i call it loyalty. its not like you remove the game from steam, but releasing the game on the competitor's platform feels alot like treachery.

GGG owes no loyalty to Steam, wtf. Steam is a method of delivery and Valve has taken their cut for any earnings GGG has had through Steam. PoE isn't in Steam out of charity or because Valve wanted to support that specific game. It was a business decision, as it is for all games in all platforms. Now, GGG has decided to expand and offer the title in other platforms because there's literally no reason not to. Even if the EGS version only gets them twenty new users, that's twenty users they wouldn't have got otherwise - and at zero cost.

Drop the drama.

"
Nyoshushu wrote:
Just remember what happened to borderlands 3.......

Oh, I remember. Game sold 5M copies first month. Then, when it released on Steam, it went straight to the top of the best-sellers list.
The Tizzysawr is listening...
"
Tizzysawr wrote:
Even if the EGS version only gets them twenty new users, that's twenty users they wouldn't have got otherwise - and at zero cost.

Wait, zero cost? So the game just magically appears on EGS and no1 is working to make it so? Thats cool.
it's great for awareness i guess :) but honestly who plays PoE through a launcher ? :D

Worth noting that Tencent own GGG (amongst many others) and have a large stake in Epic. It's a natural corporate progression
Now if the Epic store only made it mandatory that all games on it have accessibility options like a customizable mouse cursor or different color schemes ...
Big Oof.
niv3k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info