Dear Community (A message from an ex-pro)

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:

Actually show us your accomplishments instead of only claiming them and you'd get very different answers.

I very much doubt it.

Oh, they'd be different, all right.
Might be salty, like "you are not the measure for what ordinary folks like us can do in this game..." but there would certainly be a whole lot less teasing. Which would be an improvement for the OP, who really hasn't managed to get a leg on the ground in any of his threads here.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
You just considers you're a pro because you have a lot of time to spend in this game.

When a family father that plays only on the weekend watches you trying to spill bullshit in his beloved game...well, he'll never get you serious.

And you know why. You aren't a "pro" because you're a good, you're a "pro" because you do nothing else in your life.
"
Reminder not to get baited

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Was really hoping that this one time the hive could simply let one fall off the first page without a reply... but no.

No matter how many times this guy hits this forum with the same schtick, it seems it never fails to work at generating a response. Often from many of the same people too, who've already seen him do it before. Something to think about if ever one feels like calling out leaders, celebrities or other assorted personages as idiots - it seems we're no better (in fact we're worse, since those people have made bank in life with their supposedly 'dumb' mindsets).

Meanwhile more thoughtful forum users are outright banned from these forums, simply for the crime of speaking more directly, openly and honestly instead of using cheap indirect tactics like this to short-circuit their mod policies - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2882810/page/5#p23453908
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 18, 2020, 9:48:30 AM
My takeaway from this thread: I really want those 2 months back.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
I mean the first couple of these threads were amusing as far as satire goes, but it's quickly become boring. You should try your 'GGG needs to pay it's players to play and make content for THEM!' rhetoric again.

Buddy. What's the first thing you see upon getting online? A sale prompted in your face. No, I don't want the enchanted helm with a bird on top taking a duece. Real core gamers like me aren't going to pay that money for the false image they sell to you. You dribble when they announce new skins. Full 'simp' as the people say today. That's the difference between someone like you.... and Someone Like Me.

You can't complete some of the quests the way I did. I invented 'mercy mode' where you avoid killing any enemies (since you're a simpleton this means I'm extremely low level) possible and just take on a boss rigged against you.You can't do that and you know it. Probably why you're getting upset that someone was actually trying to give the community the heads up that pros should actually be heeded more often than not.
"
SadDropUser wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
I mean the first couple of these threads were amusing as far as satire goes, but it's quickly become boring. You should try your 'GGG needs to pay it's players to play and make content for THEM!' rhetoric again.

Buddy. What's the first thing you see upon getting online? A sale prompted in your face. No, I don't want the enchanted helm with a bird on top taking a duece. Real core gamers like me aren't going to pay that money for the false image they sell to you. You dribble when they announce new skins. Full 'simp' as the people say today. That's the difference between someone like you.... and Someone Like Me.

You can't complete some of the quests the way I did. I invented 'mercy mode' where you avoid killing any enemies (since you're a simpleton this means I'm extremely low level) possible and just take on a boss rigged against you.You can't do that and you know it. Probably why you're getting upset that someone was actually trying to give the community the heads up that pros should actually be heeded more often than not.

logged in on wrong account there, mr. super pro
you're not kogopero after all
Last edited by imanubcake on Aug 28, 2020, 4:55:05 PM
Lol, just as the thread finally dies down (10 days!), he's back to bump it again. And this over 2 weeks after declaring he's "leaving" this community. ;)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2880800/page/17#p23443485
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 29, 2020, 3:03:03 AM
Was that seriously a long winded post saying"im kind of a big thing, you should listen to me...?"

Spoiler
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Aug 29, 2020, 10:11:00 AM
"
SadDropUser wrote:
As I know that many of you may not currently have the accumulative time to divulge in my entire chain of rhetoric that will be listed below, I am writing this letter to the community as a means of attempting to understand why the very community built around a game would abhor certain members simply on the fact that they perform at another level. I'm not stating that I am the best PoE player (countless top placements at the start of races, solo self found top tier Ranger and Shaman, top 5 guild leader in WOW, S-tier in Everquest rankingboards). What I am saying is, I am one of the best, and when I give advice on these forums, it honestly comes as a bit of an unexcused shock treatment, that I'm not heeded.

Why does this matter? Once you look at the greater picture, you'll quickly realize this sets up an inappropriate response system for elite level players. Take Hollywood for example, and consider these forums to be a hollywood party. A high tier actor would not only have the carpet laid out for them, they would also be respected no matter what. It's quite obvious, that they earned it.
Now, before you get up in arms like a citizen hunting Frankenstein , realize I'm not saying I'm the top tier actor. But what I am, is a top tier gamer in the current meta. And when I give specific advices regarding scenarios I'm familiar with, they should be heeded.

But these forums are a bit of an enigma. Someone who has walked the walk and talked the talk, simply isn't heeded. That's not okay, and I think we can all agree on that, on some level, deep down.

Did you finaly managed to complete act10 as marauder?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info