Dear Community (A message from an ex-pro)

I remember playing EQ and being an S-Tier player and thinking man, I'm gods gift to gaming. But then I made it to the Omega Tier, and thought to myself S-Tier was for kids. We even joked about the "S" standing for shit.

Then I went on to become a top rated raid leader. We used to run 3-4 raids a day successfully. There was nothing more satisfying than beating a rival, and then eating their corn in front of them as they knelt in shame. Then I would burn their fields of crops one by one as they pleaded for mercy. Farmville was where the true pros played.

Then I moved on to POE, and rounded out my Omega Tier resume by beating Act 10 with a Marauder. I was the first and likely the last pro to do that.

"
Spoiler: yes, that says '523 all time peak'. Or we can just go with this one:

This is a very small view of gaming. True gamers don't care about peak numbers. They care about how good they are at the game they play versus the other players in that game, no matter how few there are. We also measure our worth in EQ tiers completed, something that is quantifiable....unlike something as subjective as number of players in a game. I would call you elitist, but you're no Omega Tier. You're probably one of the farmers that I plundered in Farmville.

Now where have I and all the other Omega Tiers gone? We spend most of our time looking down on the S-Tier players who think they're good. Also, maybe finishing T1 maps with a Marauder.
Last edited by Nubatron on Sep 22, 2020, 6:40:02 AM
"
Nubatron wrote:
I remember playing EQ and being an S-Tier player and thinking man, I'm gods gift to gaming. But then I made it to the Omega Tier, and thought to myself S-Tier was for kids. We even joked about the "S" standing for shit.

Then I went on to become a top rated raid leader. We used to run 3-4 raids a day successfully. There was nothing more satisfying than beating a rival, and then eating their corn in front of them as they knelt in shame. Then I would burn their fields of crops one by one as they pleaded for mercy. Farmville was where the true pros played.

Then I moved on to POE, and rounded out my Omega Tier resume by beating Act 10 with a Marauder. I was the first and likely the last pro to do that.

"

This is a very small view of gaming. True gamers don't care about peak numbers. They care about how good they are at the game they play versus the other players in that game, no matter how few there are. We also measure our worth in EQ tiers completed, something that is quantifiable....unlike something qualitative like number of players in a game. I would call you elitist, but you're no Omega Tier. You're probably one of the farmers that I plundered in Farmville.

Now where have I and all the other Omega Tiers gone? We spend most of our time looking down on the S-Tier players who think they're good. Also, maybe finishing T1 maps with a Marauder.

Can I have those 4 minutes back please?

Oh. And in the off-chance you're actually serious, I'm currently playing and enjoying Wolcen. That's like the opposite of elitist. That's flat-out admitting you suck and *do not give a thrifty fuck because it's still fun*.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Sep 22, 2020, 6:41:51 AM
"
"
Nubatron wrote:

"

This is a very small view of gaming. True gamers don't care about peak numbers. They care about how good they are at the game they play versus the other players in that game, no matter how few there are. We also measure our worth in EQ tiers completed, something that is quantifiable....unlike something qualitative like number of players in a game. I would call you elitist, but you're no Omega Tier. You're probably one of the farmers that I plundered in Farmville.

You'll never have a greater 4 minutes than basking in my glorious resume of gaming godliness. You're welcome. (on a serious note....4 minutes?)
"

Oh. And in the off-chance you're actually serious, I'm currently playing and enjoying Wolcen. That's like the opposite of elitist. That's flat-out admitting you suck and *do not give a thrifty fuck because it's still fun*.

Spoiler
I guess in a world where this thread exists, I suppose my rant could have been viewed as serious. But nope, no where near serious. Farmville raiding? Is that a thing? :)
Plenty of those f2p android monstrosities are basically Farmville+PVP, so yeah, it's probably a thing!

4 minutes. About. I think I alt-tabbed back to Wolcen at some point though. Time. Meh. It's 2020, man. Time's irrelevant. It's an abstract. Sort of like being godly at Everquest 2.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Foreverhappychan, thank you for saving me. My amusement of SadDropUser's trolls were waning and was being turned to boredom and even a bit of a YUCH.

BTW, didn't Sad promise again that he was gone? Why does he keep saying that he's finally done and then keeps coming back? Please discuss
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
45 days of this nonsense.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Foreverhappychan, thank you for saving me. My amusement of SadDropUser's trolls were waning and was being turned to boredom and even a bit of a YUCH.

BTW, didn't Sad promise again that he was gone? Why does he keep saying that he's finally done and then keeps coming back? Please discuss

Pretty sure I said the same thing, many times. Maybe that's why I'm content to indulge it. I feel it. I'm like, yeah. I get this. The impossible quit. The non-stop departure. The Final And Dramatic Exit, For Real This Time.

Part 2.

OKAY FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYS.

...Hey, miss me?

Maybe SDU and I are related somehow.

...HAHAHAHAHA okay, what. Fuck, it's 5am. This is when the really stupid shit comes out, clearly.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
45 days of this nonsense.

Correction: 1,264 days of this nonsense.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?d1=08&m1=04&y1=2017&d2=23&m2=9&y2=2020

Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Sep 22, 2020, 2:53:10 PM
"

Seconded.
PC : SqueakyToyOfTerror
XB : R3SPAWN#7045
Discord : R3SPAWN
the word elite made me puke.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info