Dear Community (A message from an ex-pro)

living in a bubble..
Second-class poe gamer
"
SadDropUser wrote:
As I know that many of you may not currently have the accumulative time to divulge in my entire chain of rhetoric that will be listed below, I am writing this letter to the community as a means of attempting to understand why the very community built around a game would abhor certain members simply on the fact that they perform at another level. I'm not stating that I am the best PoE player (countless top placements at the start of races, solo self found top tier Ranger and Shaman, top 5 guild leader in WOW, S-tier in Everquest rankingboards). What I am saying is, I am one of the best, and when I give advice on these forums, it honestly comes as a bit of an unexcused shock treatment, that I'm not heeded.

Why does this matter? Once you look at the greater picture, you'll quickly realize this sets up an inappropriate response system for elite level players. Take Hollywood for example, and consider these forums to be a hollywood party. A high tier actor would not only have the carpet laid out for them, they would also be respected no matter what. It's quite obvious, that they earned it.
Now, before you get up in arms like a citizen hunting Frankenstein , realize I'm not saying I'm the top tier actor. But what I am, is a top tier gamer in the current meta. And when I give specific advices regarding scenarios I'm familiar with, they should be heeded.

But these forums are a bit of an enigma. Someone who has walked the walk and talked the talk, simply isn't heeded. That's not okay, and I think we can all agree on that, on some level, deep down.

Had so much success as a pro that he has 0 supporter packs LOL
"
SadDropUser wrote:
(A message from an ex-pro)

'Pro', short for 'professional';
1. Relating to or belonging to a profession.
2. Engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"ex pro"

bruh.. anyone that post or lurks frequently knows who are you with the same subject every single thing only need to read the title.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Perhaps my comprehension skills are subpar, but your main argument is that you resent not being heeded because you consider yourself a top tier player. You are amazed and shocked by this occurrence.

These are neither arguments nor a compelling exhortation for the community to reconsider your input in whatever instances you had in mind when writing this post.

I appreciate you sharing your feelings with us, and I can empathize with your position.

I will criticize you, however, in your ability to share your thoughts and emotions without sounding like a grandiose jerkface lacking in maturity, respect, and tact.

From my perspective, I do not consider your post worthy to be shared in its current style of rhetoric, fueled by an egotistic need for reverence by lower-tier players. You yourself admit to being candid with others in your reaponses. I am paying you the same respect without animosity.

I may be wrong about your intentions and your general message, but I am sharing my analysis of your post in hopes you will improve your future communications to be more favorably received.

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Was really hoping that this one time the hive could simply let one fall off the first page without a reply... but no.

On one level, it's fun. On another level, it's just tragic.

Most likely, he's a huge troll, a troll that creates fuzz. Fun? Well, for some - at least for him. But I still like to play with the idea of him being for real, which makes the whole situation even more fun - for everyone but him.

Anyhow, I think 'scientists' stated a long time ago, that a constant need of recognition is closely related to emotional immaturity.

Yeah, I also enjoy the occasional troll :)

Anyway, Kopo is making progress though. Previously his self aggrandizing posts were "Bow before me, plebs, because I am totally a god at PoE (and any other game I've heard of)". This thread it's "Why do the plebs not bow before me?!" which is already a step in the right direction.
Maybe he really feels the need to find out, which would mean he might actually try to become better at the game so he can show (on league boards or with great achievement or whatever) us plebs how good he is instead of just saying it.

At any rate, it's a more interesting post than the previous ones. Wonder what's next ;)
May your maps be bountiful, exile
OP: "i r good @ all deez gamez!! u sh00d lissen 2 me!!"

also OP:

Spoiler

ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
"
Anyway, Kopo is making progress though. Previously his self aggrandizing posts were "Bow before me, plebs, because I am totally a god at PoE (and any other game I've heard of)". This thread it's "Why do the plebs not bow before me?!" which is already a step in the right direction.
Maybe he really feels the need to find out, which would mean he might actually try to become better at the game so he can show (on league boards or with great achievement or whatever) us plebs how good he is instead of just saying it.
I'm pretty sure OP isn't Kopogero. Kopogero had a huge meltdown and their last thread was filled with anger before finally being banned for making a nasty insult towards another poster. OP's posts read more like the typical "league is bad so players are abandoning the game" sort of tone.
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
OP's posts read more like the typical "league is bad so players are abandoning the game" sort of tone.

It just reads like every other SadDropUser post ever.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Last edited by Mikrotherion on Aug 9, 2020, 6:53:52 AM
Are you that guy that Charan was probated (leading ultimately to his request for account deletion) for accusing of suffering from Dunning Kruger?

Cause you sound remarkably like him. Kobo-something-or-other.

In any case, it sounds like you really want to be a leader. In my experience, people only become genuine leaders because they have two qualities in abundance:

1. A passion for something.
2. A strong desire to help others succeed at that something.

Does that describe you? If it doesn't, then I doubt you will ever become the leader you want to be, unless you develop those two things. #1 is not enough. You need #2 as well.

A bit of self-awareness can also be very helpful, and that's something you definitely do need to work on.

(Sorry if I come off as harsh, but it's obvious that not enough people have shared these truths with you.)
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info