I Miss Boem...

I have been avoiding this forum for a very long time I used to enjoy it here. The changes in the moderation over the years has created a bad ambiance around.

edit: just reading a few thread, damn everyone is on probation o.0
Last edited by diablofdb on Jul 21, 2020, 8:37:52 AM
Looks like OP has joined his friend in the naughty corner,.,,.tsk tsk fellas...you should know better.
"
Looks like OP has joined his friend in the naughty corner,.,,.tsk tsk fellas...you should know better.

I think the mods are just too quick to act sometimes and it just ruined the good forum we once had.
"
he probably got a 3 month probation so he should be back at the end of this month.
they dont just put you on the same amount of time each time,it gets extended each time you get on it and he was on it a few times lately.

Looks like you were wrong - it's been over 4 months now, and he's still not off probation. So either there's a 6 month tier now, or (more likely imo) they've now got a permanent probation list - which they refuse to openly call banning.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 18, 2020, 8:02:15 AM
if its a perma probation then it's not new

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kiss_Me_Quick
^ he has been on probation for almost a full year now.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Aug 18, 2020, 6:40:37 AM
"
if its a perma probation then it's not new

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kiss_Me_Quick
^ he has been on probation for almost a full year now.

Well that doesn't make it any better...so now we know of even more people who've been effectively banned simply for the crime of speaking plainly and seriously.

Meanwhile the same people and tactics that have been successfully short-circuiting and laughing off their moderation system for ages are still here, and still at it -

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2926549

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2922361/page/4#p23451658
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 18, 2020, 9:50:46 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Well that doesn't make it any better...so now we know of even more people who've been effectively banned simply for the crime of speaking plainly and seriously.

If that's all they're getting banned for, you would have been gone a long time ago.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

If that's all they're getting banned for, you would have been gone a long time ago.

First off, I have felt the mod whip (and not for trolling). Secondly, it is, effectively, what they were punished for. As those troll examples show, it isn't about being disruptive - a quick skim through their 'recent' (i.e. before they were banned) posts shows that. Also as those (and many other) examples show - the way to bypass the moderation here is simply to think like a criminal trying to evade the law and make use of various forms of indirect speech, never mind that everyone seeing it is able to tell what you're really up to i.e. in the above examples trolling people, which neither of those two indulged in much. We have plenty of other examples of people here (non-trolls thankfully) who've long since internalized this - speaking in aphorisms, allusions, metaphors and even melodies - showing how laughable this approach is. Plenty of people have asked why those trolls are still here, and still able to get away with their schtick. Answer is that if the community had the say over this, they wouldn't be (and likely these two wouldn't have been banned, or at least not for long). Instead this place is governed by an ineffectual legalism that can't even stay within its own self-selected bounds because of how ineffectual it is (as the multitude of Covid threads showed, with people being silenced even for things that aren't even mentioned in the CoC).
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 18, 2020, 8:47:17 PM
^ meh it's just different now.

No amount of evidence producing, or huffing and puffing about ridiculous hypocrisy, favoritism, uneven (even totally different) moderation standards from employee to employee is going to matter.

For the most part I've given up. The forums are a shell of itself, with visitation and participation dwindled to a point of wondering why it even exists in its current state.

It's clear it was intentional from the over moderation of OT, changing of CoC under the guise of "it's for the mental health of support staff", to the main community manager basically abandoning the site altogether (when is the last time Bex posted in anything but a news thread if even that) in favor of Twitter, Reddit, etc...

So in the end...I guess congrats GGG? Your forums and interactions with the community went from absolutely incredible 7 or 8 years ago, to a complete bare minimum joke.

Sorry if the truth hurts GGG, but this is an honest opinion based on facts. I've been here for a long, long time. Hell maybe too long.

I just dont care anymore really, which is both sad, and the worst thing for a video game. Ambivalence is a killer. If PoE shutdown tomorrow I'd shrug. I guess it's been fun.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I'm new here, so I don't know the history. I have seen this exact thread in many forums over time. Only the names, games and places are different.
Last edited by Rethalis on Aug 26, 2020, 3:12:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info